ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooby Clio 172

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So, one of Scoobybits' customer's wheels arrived today. Borrowed them to try on the Cliopreza. Wheel choice sorted!!!!! Mmmmmmmm!

20121128160522.jpg
20121128160553.jpg

Not that I really give a s**t what wheels go on etc as its the mechanical side of it that keeps me coming back to the thread not the looks and thats so easy to change anyway so I wouldn't normally comment on a thread on something as trivial as wheel choice, but that does really look bang on :)

That ODB pedal box with the cylinders under it is a really nice design as I find most pedal boxes seem to sit too low anyway so its a place you can easily space the space. May swap to similar in my clio at some point as the ones poking out the back I have at the moment mean I cant position it exactly where I wanted as it wont go quite far enough forward as the bulkhead is in the way.

That ODB pedal box with the cylinders under it is a really nice design as I find most pedal boxes seem to sit too low anyway so its a place you can easily space the space. May swap to similar in my clio at some point as the ones poking out the back I have at the moment mean I cant position it exactly where I wanted as it wont go quite far enough forward as the bulkhead is in the way.

Hi Chip. OBP do a universal kit car version of that pedal box (mine is Subaru specific) which should do the trick for you. Try Nick at Rallynuts when you're ready, he's been a great help to me.

Been a bit busy on other stuff this week, but more stuff has been ordered and arrived, firstly the water hoses,

imag0257ee.jpg

Quick dummy build on that to make sure the lengths are right,
imag0262i.jpg

And finally, THE WHEELS HAVE ARRIVED MMMMMMMMM!!!!
imag0261j.jpg

Nice new 9x17 Rota Grids, fresh from our friends at Rare Rims.

It's taken a while to get hold of the tyres I wanted for those lovely wheels, however, they are now shod with some nice sticky 255/40/17 Avon ZZRs, as you can see.
20130125144238.jpg

20130125144301.jpg

20130125144928.jpg

At last those V6 arches are filled properly.

More news soon.

After christmas I put this biscuit tin to one side. A glimmer of an idea, and it's shape made me think it might be ok as the basis of a dashboard for the Cliopreza. Just cut out a full sized template of the digidash, and dropped it on. Hey presto! Just need to cut a piece of carbon fibre sheet to fit into it, and make a shroud to go around it, fit the switches, and we have a dashboard. Light weight too!

20130209133208.jpg

A bit of amusing banter lifted from the "Uphill Racers" Forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycontainNUTS
viewpost.gif

ETB digidash and data logger arrived this week.

Data logger mounted on ECU

A bit of ingenuity next. I kept a biscuit tin from Xmas, as the shape seemed useful. Cut out a full sized template for the dash, and laid it in. Perfect dashboard with a carbon fibre inlay and a shroud around the edge!

Of course you realise now everytime you go up a hill some commentator is going to mention the biscuit tin .
biggrin.gif

Hasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasta
viewpost.gif

Of course you realise now everytime you go up a hill some commentator is going to mention the biscuit tin .
biggrin.gif

Hasta

Closely followed by the rescue unit wanting the biscuits.

Hi guys. OK, small update for you. Most of the stuff I have been doing recently has been a bit mundane, and not really worthy of pictures.
However, I have bought a nice new steering wheel, and had the top of the steering column machined to take the weld on section of the removable boss.
So a couple of pics of the wiring I have done on the new wheel for the shiny buttons, which will be to activate the launch control and data-logger.

20130415165937.jpg

20130415165955.jpg

Also I have made progress with the now famous biscuit tin dashboard. Carbon firbre sheet, instruments and switches. Tasty, even if I do say it myself!

20130327114528.jpg

Attachments

• 20130415165955.jpg
    20130415165955.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 187
Just in case you are interested, the dashboard switches are as follows:

Top centre, Alternator warning light,
clockwise from there,
Anti-Lag
Fuel Pump
Ignition switch with doomsday cover
Push to start
Hazard lights
Four at the bottom left, clockwise from top left of the four,
Heated front screen
Rear Fog
Side/Headlights
Dip/Main Beam
Side stalk is indicators
Above is Wipers
Hole above that is for Screen Washers (awaiting switch).
Plug for the steering wheel switches will be at the bottom right on the side of the dash, near the hazard switch.