ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 182

RS 182FF Titanium
RS 182 - Titan Grey

Well folks, the Mk1 Clio went about a month back to another enthusiast, (who is going to spend another fortune on it, like myself)... :p Pics of the last one here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=238649&page=3&highlight=carmen

And its replacement (at just 13 years newer :p ) always intended to get one after the Mk1...

Anyways, its a 2005 182.. Colour is listed as Titan Grey? Is that Titaium?..

Came with the Extreme add on pack from Renault (Is this what you guys would call a Full Fat?..) Xenons, half leather, cruise etc.. also with the Cup Spoiler, Cup Splitter, & Cup Suspension..

It also came with a genuine set of Trophy wheels.

Ive added a few wee cosmetic things since I purchased it:
CTR aerial, Silvervisions, new plates, Aero Wipers etc..

Future plans include;
a proper sealed Induction kit (Pipercross cone on it at the min),
Stainless exhaust system (un-decided which type as of yet),
maby a bit of lowerage (30mm or so)

Enjoying it so far, (still getting used to all these electronics, compared to the last one :p )

C&C welcome...

Pics:

P6210160.jpg

P6210148.jpg

P6210150.jpg

P6210147.jpg

P6210154.jpg

Last edited:
  RS 182FF Titanium
Looks nice:) I remember your old valver (I commented on it in the thread) that car looks nice too :cool:

Cheers mate, the valver has went to another enthusiast that will take care of it, just like myself, so I was happy about that...

Cool, I have a lot of time for valvers as I started out on here with one, I owned it for about four years:)

RS 182FF Titanium
I'd definitely get it lowered. Looks nice though.

Cheers, yeh lowering is on the cards.. Does lowering with springs, (say 30mm) affect the handling much?.. And what springs are the best to go for?...

Cheers people...

Lowering springs will stiffen the ride/handling up, which is usually for the best. Won't look much lower if you do it -30mm though, try 40mm Apex (harsh ride though) or if you have the cash, coilovers.

RS 182FF Titanium
Lowering springs will stiffen the ride/handling up, which is usually for the best. Won't look much lower if you do it -30mm though, try 40mm Apex (harsh ride though) or if you have the cash, coilovers.

Id like it to sit 20-30mm lower than it does now, maby no point going for 30mm springs then, will 40mm springs, show some difference?.. Or am I going to have to get saving for coilovers... :eek:

Anyone have any pics with a 182 on these 40mm apex springs?...

Cheers folks...

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Cheers, yeh lowering is on the cards.. Does lowering with springs, (say 30mm) affect the handling much?.. And what springs are the best to go for?...

Cheers people...

Eibach Sportlines are a popular choice here. Best compromise of height and comfort. I've got them on my car.

RS 182FF Titanium
Cheers people, have a simota induction kit ordered for it, so will see how that sounds when it arives... :evil:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
nice! get some bumper stickers, looks like its had a lick of paint at some point.

Evo 8 MR
I think he means those little black stickers that go in the little thin slot on each side, not sure though, looks awesome, just needs coilies.

RS 182FF Titanium
I think he means those little black stickers that go in the little thin slot on each side, not sure though, looks awesome, just needs coilies.

Ahh yes, just noticed these when I had a look at a photo of another... Didnt ever notice these before, bet renault charge about £15+ vat for these or sumit... :eek:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ aye those sorry forgot to reply - someone may have just taken them off but not something you'd usually do for no reason!

Good thing imo though if its not been hit as it shows previous owner didn't want stone chips ruining the front end.

RS 182FF Titanium
^^^ aye those sorry forgot to reply - someone may have just taken them off but not something you'd usually do for no reason!

Good thing imo though if its not been hit as it shows previous owner didn't want stone chips ruining the front end.

aye its def not been hit or anything, as ive had bumper off when doing the aux and timing belts and it was 100%...

Were would i get a part number for these stickers? as i know if i go to renault they arent going to have a clue what they are...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
aye its def not been hit or anything, as ive had bumper off when doing the aux and timing belts and it was 100%...

Were would i get a part number for these stickers? as i know if i go to renault they arent going to have a clue what they are...

60 00 073 778 STICKER 11.05

"Navy" N17 TWO
Such a nice upgrade Darren :D
Never got the chance to see the Valver in the flesh but it was a minter too

RS 182FF Titanium
Such a nice upgrade Darren :D
Never got the chance to see the Valver in the flesh but it was a minter too

Cheers..

The fella that bought the valver is an enthusiast, and is going to probably spend another fortune on it, so may see it about yet..

RS 182FF Titanium
Looks awesome Darren!

We'll have to get the 182 & my 172 together for a wee photo shoot! ;)

Cheers mate..

Your cars looking well, like the wheels too... ;) If your there on sun we can get a few pics as im 95% going to be there... :)

RS 182FF Titanium
Well folks, few wee changes in the last month..

Got myself a Simota Aeroform Induction kit, (nice note from it) and decided to paint it something to contrast in the engine bay..

Went for kawasaki green, some of you may not like, but its my car and I do.. :rasp:

Also had some left over so give the front calipers a coat aswel, still undecided about them, but ill keep them green for a bit, an maby paint them black again when I get bored.. ;)

Also fitted the black decals in the front bumper that were missing.

Shes also had a set of plugs (an new gasket between inlet manifold and plenum, some elf oil and a filter and a set of new front tyres ( quite hard to find someting decent at good money, because of the odd size 205 45 16). Ohh and not to forget a wee coat of polish/wax.

Next up will be an exhaust...

Cheers folks..

Darren

P8090067.jpg

P8090053.jpg

P8090070.jpg

P8090071.jpg

P8090048.jpg

P8090062.jpg

P8090059.jpg

P8090051.jpg

erm, a black one
beautiful motor mate. green looks a bit random when seen with the whole car but somehow quite like it. at the very least you deserve kudos for tryin something different ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Like it, you think that filter is any better than the standard? I would go for a V6 espace vbox for £60 new from Renault, they rule.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Love the green on the induction kit :)

Like it, you think that filter is any better than the standard? I would go for a V6 espace vbox for £60 new from Renault, they rule.

Are they really £60 from Renault? I might go buy one if they are that cheap.

RS 182FF Titanium
Cheers folks, yeh the green seems to work well with the colour...

Dont think it would be better than standard, but it does give a nicer note from it! And its certainly better than the open filter that was on it previously.. lol

Thats pretty cheap for the V6 airbox.. is anything else needed to fit it?.. ie, samco bend or anything?.. Must look into that..

Cheers,

Darren