ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RUK recall letter received today?

HenryG

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Booked mine in today whilst complaining about the poor service experience last time I visited Marsh Barton Renault. Turns out they cant fit me into there busy time table for ONE month. Also they try to sign me up for a complementary winter check in April. Service as usual!!

172 ph2
I rang my local dealer and asked if my needed the recall he said its not on the list , so i said has it been done because there is no sticker to say it has and he told me to ring customer realations!!!! wtf

agree with ADY554 is there much point if they are just going to look at it and give you advice?
Tried to get through to the service department at my local renault x3. goes through to voicemail each time...........

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
agree with ADY554 is there much point if they are just going to look at it and give you advice?
Tried to get through to the service department at my local renault x3. goes through to voicemail each time...........

I think there is a point in getting it checked . I thought mine was ok until i had it checked and replaced . Now i realise it wasn't operating as it should . There are 2 letters sent out . One saying they'll check it and if they find a fault they'll replace it at cost to the owner and the other letter , like the one i received because i'd also declined to have it replaced back in 2008 , saying they'll check it and carry out any necessary work i.e. replace it free of charge .

Renault clio 2005
Received my Recall last week by recorded delivery the letter had to be signed for. Going to take it in later today and get it sorted. Worried I may walk out of the dealership signing up for the new clio lol. :)

My letter turned up today so it's booked in. Some people are telling me the letters they are getting are stating its £95+VAT if they require any corrective action. Mine says in bold its free of charge.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I conveniently got an email about the new Clio sport this morning, so probably not Dave!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My letter turned up today so it's booked in. Some people are telling me the letters they are getting are stating its £95+VAT if they require any corrective action. Mine says in bold its free of charge.

Mine too.

Tried booking it in today but the service department wouldn't answer the phone, despite being forwarded to them from another department... :dead: Toomey are bloody useless.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Mine too.

Tried booking it in today but the service department wouldn't answer the phone, despite being forwarded to them from another department... :dead: Toomey are bloody useless.

They would have been busy with customers in the dealership etc, have a think about why someone wouldnt answer a phone.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I left it ringing for 10 minutes before I gave up, can't sit there all day waiting! I will just continue trying each day...

BG 182 FF
Actually went to pick up my letter from the post office today as I got a red card.

"I'm sorry sir we have no record of receiving that letter"
"uwotm8?"

So, just made a call to Royal Mail to track it down, said it should get re-delivered by Wednesday.

Many.
Booked mine in for next saturday after recieving the "Recall" letter, I know it works fine, but for free, why not eh?!

My other Clio, which had a dodgy catch when I bought it, had a "Warning/Check" letter, so I'll just leave that.

RB182cup&golf gti
Would it be cynical of me to suggest that they are only sending out recall letters to existing clio owners, to get them into dealerships to look at the new version ... ?

Exactly what I think they are doing given the amount of calls and texts I've had from them to offer me a test drive. No thanks.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I got one today too. Mine says its 95 quid too.

If its 12 years old surely it would gone by now?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mine says FOC.

That said its gone in the recycling, they have done it once, and I'm as capable of closing a bonnet and slapping a bit of grease on the catch as I am of dressing myself everyday.

Ph 1 172
Got mine today saying that if it needs replacing it will cost a maximum of £90!!! What the f**k is that about, can someone explain why some letters state that its free of charge and others £90

BG182FF
Took mine to the local renault dealer today, they said the catch was fine but he lubed it all up anyway, and they replaced the catch on the bonnet, no charge.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Got mine today saying that if it needs replacing it will cost a maximum of £90!!! What the f**k is that about, can someone explain why some letters state that its free of charge and others £90

Fancy scanning the letter you got? Would be interesting to compare them... mine says it will be free as well.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

It's probably been done already. Hence it's just a check up now.

I got mine a while ago. Haven't done anything about it cos it says they want £95 if it needs swapping.
My guess from reading this thread is that if it's over 10 years old then you have to pay. My shed is 12.5 now :eek:

phase 1 flamer 172
Got my letter today (two actually) cant really be arsed to read it all, good opportunity to replace with catch,s, and then itb,s

SQ5
I've got a letter from Renault today at home but it was a signed for one? This correct for this recall? The others I've had weren't?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I've got a letter from Renault today at home but it was a signed for one? This correct for this recall? The others I've had weren't?

How old is your car Danny is it true you dont get recall if older than 10 years ?

Clio 172
2 different letters are being sent out, one letter to cars that have never had the bonnet check before in which case it is a free check and replacement if required. The second letter is going out to cars that have previously have the bonnet check done and replaced. This letter will tell you it is £59 to replace the catch if required or £89 if the lock and catch are required.

My Letter states £95 if I need any work doing. However my car is a PH1 so may differ. Still wouldn't pay that anyway.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Got my letter the other day. Says it will cost me £95 if work needs going but it's FOC for them to check.

Mine currently needs oiling as the catch doesn't return to its proper place. So when I open it, if I don't move it myself, it wont close.

renault clio 182
If there charging you surely it would be cheaper buying a set or aero bonnet catches and fitting them following a guide off here ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had three recall letters today, all for ph1 172's that i've owned and are now scrapped.

One of them got scrapped nearly 3 years ago!