ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
wooohooo an further delivery for today.

Willwood 4 pots
Hawk Carbon pads
S/S Lines
Custom ally Brackets to mount to 172 hub

should go nice with my AP600 fluid and bembo max disks

pics

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

Ben I am fixed to this thread, i have even set it up so that every time some one replys I get an email.

One question why bother with the second seat, or are you wanting to take people round on track days.

I have also noticed that you have decided not to cut the spare wheel well out and weld a plate in its place any reason for this?

The wheel well is so thin you would probably put more weight in by welding a plate on.

And what if he wants to carry a spare wheel occasionally :p

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
hmm i could do with one of these for when the car is sat for long periods

what is the correct way to wire them up?

well where i work we only do MIG welding and its mainly thick steel and we use co2+Argon mixed, what gas have you been using so far?

Clio 172 Cup
hey ben can i borrow your heat gun i a couple of weeks as i wanna remove all my tar crap as well but im gonna refit the carpets after lees weight and still looks the same woo hoo

Job for Adam calling lol

LOL! me too!

good news as my WillWoods fit under both sets of speedlines!

Ben is that the standard wilwood kit GDi sell? Fits under the 2020/2118's?

Same brakets that come with the one you can buy online?

Good news that they fit behind the 2118's might consider them now, how much space is there?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Last nights efforts :)

Removed my old (even though they were new/re con'd)

IMG_1893.gif

IMG_1896.jpg

QH Disks
Pads
Callipers
Mocal S/S Lines

then with my favourite new toy ....

part4082.jpg

fitted the;

Brembo Max disks
CNC'd Aluminium mounts
Midilite Aluminium Callipers
Wiilwood Pads
S/S lines

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

:D

Just need to find some pads il be happy with and thats the brakes done :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
here’s just a few progress shots of the dash I’ve done about a further 10%

there is a few voids which need filling but its awesome fun making the shapes flow with the filler :)

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

80MPG BEEZA
and arent sequentials 6k? so that puts a sequential out seems like your not using any planning when purchasing buying wheels and seats then re selling them you could cut out alot of wasted time!

Clio 182
Cool project...although I cant help thinking you would have been better off starting with a mk1 16v/williams as you would be looking at a LOT less than 880kg...

Roadster Coupe
All that money ur spending, u couldve got yourself a better car. like an audi s3, £26k new and 0-60 in 5.7 secs wiv all wheel drive.

Roadster Coupe
LOL. well think bout it, its already a high spec car without even touching it, just strip it completely out. Seen a Ph2 172 track on ebay b4, it was stunning. shame its ilegal 2 drive it on the road. lol

Roadster Coupe
How would he hav a bog standard A3 when its an S3? Ne1 knows what a megane sport would like as a track car?

VRS
the s3 would still get raped by the clio anyway so all it would mean is bens spent more money on a slower, lardy boring cruiser instead of a fun weekend track toy

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
He couldn't Resist! :rasp:

Supercharged Ultra Light Weight Track Clio = Fooking Fast Car

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
* Supercharger and throttle boddies btw,

with a 7k rebiuld...

il post the spec one day soon.....

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I’ve been to machine mart again!
Bought a air powered sander with various heads and size base plates etc. As this dash is becoming a f**king nightmare!

IMG_2246.jpg

Also here’s a pic of the compressor I bought. I also bought a quick release kit and 10mtr heavy duty line.

000110064.jpg

000215965.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
This is starting to be a f-in issue. I proberly have been going 30 hours and I’m only 60 done, used about 8 packs of sand paper and 6ltres of body filler.
The dust is becoming a real pain too, does wonders for your asthma even with the respirator on!

In these pics you can see I have given the mould one coat of primer just to see the spots where I need to focus on!

God give me strength! LOL

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

cheers Adam for this pic

IMG_2252.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sounds like someone is regretting taking on the Dash Task, Will be worth it when done tho,

You figured out wot ur gonna use all that excess CF for yet???

Tesla MP3 2021
This is starting to be a f-in issue. I proberly have been going 30 hours and I’m only 60 done, used about 8 packs of sand paper and 6ltres of body filler.
The dust is becoming a real pain too, does wonders for your asthma even with the respirator on!

In these pics you can see I have given the mould one coat of primer just to see the spots where I need to focus on!

God give me strength! LOL

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

cheers Adam for this pic

IMG_2252.jpg

hahaha. 1 of my contributions ;)

Serious this thing will be sick and I am having serious doubts setting foot in it once its complete lol and especially with big time ben driving it lol