ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

clio sport cup
That dash.. you know you made it from the old dash (mold).. its not going to be like 10mm too big to fit back in? and you have prob now scaled it up a little bit to fit where everything was before?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
That dash.. you know you made it from the old dash (mold).. its not going to be like 10mm too big to fit back in? and you have prob now scaled it up a little bit to fit where everything was before?

No, i imagine thats going to be destroyed when the mould is made.

The mould will then be the correct size.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
CF Door Cards? Splitter? Cannards?

If you fancy making me a CF Bonnet at a gd price that would b good :D

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
have a plastic cup splitter, as they will be gietting smashed off each week LOL

have CF door cards, scuttle pannel, dash, cup spoiler, maybe a tailgate if i can be arsed LOL

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

this is only the mould, i will make a female mould from this out of fibreglass.

i also took back the edges 8mm before laying up the FG and filler to eusre the final product fits.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
if it makes 400hp then....

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 400
Weight without Driver (KG) : 880
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 461.84
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.130 - 100 (Secs) : 8.776
0 - 100 (Secs) : 4.65
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.33
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 118.54
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.13
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 120.74

Black-Gold 182
Well impressed by all that mate! Thought anything about the tires you'll be running it on - you'll need some seriously soft rubber to keep all the power down. Might be worth some dot-specs or something.

Think you're doing really well though, and I wish I had the balls to do that - and the space!

What's next once you finish this one? A twin engined one, or a four wheel drive one? ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the dash works out.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Well impressed by all that mate! Thought anything about the tires you'll be running it on - you'll need some seriously soft rubber to keep all the power down. Might be worth some dot-specs or something.

Think you're doing really well though, and I wish I had the balls to do that - and the space!

What's next once you finish this one? A twin engined one, or a four wheel drive one? ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the dash works out.

i have two sets of wheels
(2118's and 2120')

one set has full race slicks

one set has the best road tyre ever IMO = Pe2's

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ben wont let me LOL

said hes not buildng a 10k engine with a pikey plenham! LOL

plenham, thats the word I was trying to think of.

Custom plenham aswell then. :cool:

Is Ben developing the supercharger conversion then? What ECU are you going to use?

well ben is doing the work, but this kit would not fit a normal 172 without modifing it,

as i have a custom AUX setup and boddies etc

not sure on the ECU...ben worries about stuff liek that... i just write the cheques!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
""not sure on the ECU...ben worries about stuff liek that... i just write the cheques!""

and alot of them, LOL!!!

well ben is doing the work, but this kit would not fit a normal 172 without modifing it,

as i have a custom AUX setup and boddies etc

not sure on the ECU...ben worries about stuff liek that... i just write the cheques!

Who is paying for the development costs?

Ad

MK2 FRS
such an ASW;)

Supercharger looks awesome.

Didnt someone tell you to buy an airsander in the first place. *cough cough* lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
LOL!!! its the noise the compressor makes whcih drives the rents mad.. that and the voltage drop in the house when the motor starts LOL

400hp from a super charger? is that the stats on the side of the tin ben? how did you arrive at those numbers?

so many questions for you lad!!

jamie

400hp from a super charger? is that the stats on the side of the tin ben? how did you arrive at those numbers?

jamie

booooooooooooooost

depends how much your willing to push engine components. I personally would be happy with a reliable 300bhp myself

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

jamie
basically I could run about 480hp with the charger, its all on the pulley size etc.

as mark says I will proberly run it on 300-350 daily.

the engine is a very very high spec. all the internals are forged etc.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
what car was the 'charger originally designed for?

There not, the Rotrex chargers are designed for aftermarket applications. they have a few models within there range which offer different values but the SP-30 94 is the daddy for 2.0 with a stock power of 240 ish (my modded engine)

it is also a centrefugal charger so the faster they spin the more power they make, they also have a biult in gearbox to ensure smooth delivery with a high effeicense (like a turbo but with no lag to start), a screw charger has its limits and are not as easy to extract power from.

so the higher the revs the more power and you cant out spin a charger like a dirty Turbo with its hot air. so the power would never drop off like a turbo.

the saxo VTS boys with stock 120hp get around 240 at the fly with just a sp30- 84 fitted.

my block is fully reworked. i am also using ITB's with the charger

Seen a Ph2 172 track on ebay b4, it was stunning. shame its ilegal 2 drive it on the road. lol
It can be made road legal though.
4 Wheel drive FTW!

looked into it, but its a further 10k
Why not VAg 1.8 T it then use the 6 speedo box of then?
so the higher the revs the more power and you cant out spin a charger like a dirty Turbo with its hot air. so the power would never drop off like a turbo.
But your always stuck with them draining power from the engine. You could oversppeed it though or it heat the air up to much.

Is the block being built for N/A or turbo power then as i remember you saying you were going to run it N/A for a bit?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
it originally was a high reving N/A but now ive had to change half way through.

the Rotrex's arent too bad for sucking the power as the gearbox is very smart on them.

it originally was a high reving N/A but now ive had to change half way through.

the Rotrex's arent too bad for sucking the power as the gearbox is very smart on them.
Are you keeping the engine in the same place then or going to try move it back a bit to help with weight.

Since your going to need a beter pump odes that mean your looking at a race car fuel tank possibly? AKA the nana has?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
na (well not at the moment anyway)

i think k-tec sell a uprated pump for there turbo kit which fits in the stock tank?

i cant move the engine back without modifing the frame.

the engine will weigh no more than stock,

i have removed the;

aircon pump
lines
aircon rad
air box
pas pump moved to the rear (electric hydrolic GTi pump)
inletmanifold
plenham
cover
battery and fitted a redtop in the boot
stock rad
airbox
ecu and batter tray

im adding a

short inlet manifold
charger
2 in 1 rad
few oil coolers and lines
charger ally pipework
plenham.

it should come under the stock weight

i think k-tec sell a uprated pump for there turbo kit which fits in the stock tank?

The mitsubishi evo fuel pumps fit in there from memory so there a cheap sourse of fuel just got to check the fuel pressure they run have a work with ben regards injectors he's using see what pressure he's speced them to run as I think evos' run 3.5 bar vs 3 bar for the clio setup. its not difficult to set them lower just a 500hp 3.5 bar pump set at less pressure makes it flow less fuel.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I never thought i would see someone spent so much money on a 172! Crazy ammounts. For all the money and effort wouldnt it be better to put in a MATT BLACK styleee TT engine? Surely your gunna get much more power per pound with that?

Fair play though as it will be a beast and a total one off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
VAG lumps are boring though!

fair enough, this will probably be in bits more than it runs, but it'll be different!