ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: One Year on & £3000 spent

UPDATE - 20/07/2009

Went to Castle Combe this weekend with my race team OX4 Racing. The weather was, how should i put it...wet! Very wet.

The reason for me driving 100miles in the poring rain on my R888s was so i could use our flat floor and see how much my little S**G weighed at each corner and what sort of camber i was running.

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

Clio-a-la-bed :)
Ended up turning the bed around and had my legs go inbetween the buckets lol, Slept like a baby :)
IMG_3183.jpg

Now we set up the flat floor zeroed the computer thingy and bashed the clio on top.
IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

The car was full of my bed and food so i pulled it all out.
IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

I'm sure there is lighter stuff out there but i was quite pleased as she still had just under 3/4 of a tank of fuel.
IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

Now with me in the car. Fatty fatty!
IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

It's a bit too heavy front right so i gave the coilover on the right a few turnes up.
IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

One little annoying thing. The computer was running out of battery so i turned it off forgetting to reset it when putting the car back down so the readings were a tiny bit out.
Anyway car was back down and the numbers looked much better.
IMG_3242.jpg

Now with me back in there less weight on the front right.
IMG_3244.jpg

Camber Time:
Front Left
IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

Front Right
IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

Rear Left
IMG_3238.jpg

Rear Right
IMG_3234.jpg

So the Camber is kinda all over the place so when i use the flat floor at Croft i will sort that out then. (we ran out of time)

Toe:

I was running 0 minutes toe on the front :( but that is an easy fix when i sort out the camber
And i was running 15 minutes toe out at the back.

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

My car got most of the looks ;)
IMG_3261.jpg

I also met god himself Mark Fish, so i might be buying a cage from him, just need to see how many pennies i have first.

So maybe getting a cage and need to have a think about my camber and toe for the front and rear :)

come a long way since are meet in aylesbury mate, looks wicked now, ive done nothing to my cup since because of funds :(

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

love how this car sits! how low is it roughly?

BG 182 FF

looks great. Just read the whole thread car looks 100 times better now imo, great work

Italian 3.2 V6

love the R888 gota get me some of them! like the white tyre pen also,suits yours since you have black wheels, i would like to do that to mine but my wheels are white and might look ghey!! :(

love it tho!!

TrackCar & F30 330d

A very small update, wet sanded & polished my CF splitter yesterday.
Before
IMG_3092.jpg

After
IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

Looks much better.

As the front bumper was off i decided to start making my CAF's for the brakes and take the lights out and wet sand them to get rid of all the stone chip marks.
I'm going to be buying some tubing for the brakes asap, fog light removal is the first thing.
IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

Also sprayed both dimonds, the Clio badge and Renault Sport badge. I didnt get time to put the Renault Sport badge on as it started to rain.
IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

I now have my 3r set of wheels.
My standard 182 wheels
IMG_3125.jpg

My OZ F1's with R888's
IMG_3124.jpg

And now another set of OZ F1's with PE2's
IMG_3123.jpg

:)
The Carbone Lorraine pads have been hungry lol
IMG_3126.jpg

Just ordered some Motul 300v for the engine and some Motul for the Gear box. So tha will be the next thing added to the car :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Well I think he said he had 2 second hand cages allready. Bolt in jobbies i think he said. but am i right in thinking i stil need to weld feet in somewhere?
Anyway he said the cage he had was like £400
I'm still thinking about it as it came with a harness bar and i'd like it mainly for that tbh lol

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Well I think he said he had 2 second hand cages allready. Bolt in jobbies i think he said. but am i right in thinking i stil need to weld feet in somewhere?
Anyway he said the cage he had was like £400
I'm still thinking about it as it came with a harness bar and i'd like it mainly for that tbh lol

That sounds pretty cheap TBH :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Tiny Update, Renault sport badge is now on
IMG_3136.jpg
IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

These arived today :)
IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

So now i'm gona go outside and put the new oils in :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE -

Its been pretty busy over the last few months with finishing my placement year finishing and going back to Uni. So i unfortunatly have not been taking many photos.

Anyway went to the Performance day thing at Castle Combe. Met the usuall west country boyos again and met a few more :)
Only got a few pics from Schweepy
IMG_32051.jpg

IMG_32071.jpg

IMG_32131.jpg

IMG_32291.jpg

Went to Trax the next day and wanted to get track time but thought i could pay by card but couldnt so had a bit of a day of fail. Went out in my mates williams and it was mint. A huge track mixing it with some quality car.

I bought AST solid top mounts, which are amazing. Made such a big difference to how sharp the steering is.
IMG_3160-1.jpg

Before
IMG_3162-1.jpg

After
IMG_3182-1.jpg

:)

Went to RAF Marham but nobody got any pictures of my car :(
Was a fantastic day (saturday) had some good little drives with some CS's, Mullered 2 R888 but Meh! Gona buy a few sets when i get round to it.

Also as i dont drive the car that much i have been doing quite a bit of stripping.
Front carpet
Sound proofing
Roof Lineing
Sunvisors
Grab Handles.
Routed the wiring behind the pannels
All the little palstic clips
Removing all the tar

Also been doing quite a bit of stripping in my engine bay
Removed:-
ECU bracket
Old air box + Pipe
heat shild
Lots of metal brackets
Battery

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

Bought a V6 airbox, ITG filter, small bit of hose so airbox is directly next to the TB. Redtop 25 to go under passenger seat. (Pics to come)

I've got the car down to 957kg and i need to weigh the Tar. I've got half the dash out atm and i'l be taking the other half out so i can take the brown sound proofing out from behind it. So i should get a little more weight out.

Not really the best update, The car will be going on the Dyno on the 7th of November so i'm hoping for some more ponies with the new air box set up. Also gona track get a cheeky cheep trackday in somewhere before the winter gets too harsh.

C180 kommpressor!

Great project, dont get too obsessed with stripping it. think resale :)
Keep it up

TrackCar & F30 330d

Great project, dont get too obsessed with stripping it. think resale :)
Keep it up

Thanks, The thing is, i will be keeping the car for quite a while. It will be getting caged, ITB, Cams, LSD. Basically it will be my full time track car and i will have a little family car when i get a proper job :)

The Carbone Lorraine pads have been hungry lol

It's not that they're hungry, just the brake dust settles and then goes rusty.

DMS

A thirsty 172

Great project mate. Keep it up.
Silver is the way forward ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Really enjoyed reading that fella!

Titanium 182

Looks awesome buddy! Everytime I hear a loud 'bwaaarp' past halls I can pretty much narrow it down to someone from your flat! lol

Bit random but do you still have your original numberplate? I want it! :)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Looks awesome! Where did you relocate your ECU to? Ended up bolting mine on top of the gearbox mount, couldn't think of anywhere else to put it!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Looks awesome buddy! Everytime I hear a loud 'bwaaarp' past halls I can pretty much narrow it down to someone from your flat! lol

Bit random but do you still have your original numberplate? I want it! :)

Ha ha yeah my flat is right next to the road so we can tell who is coming home as all the exhausts sound different. Apart from the 2 106 rallye's

Photo shoot when i get my car working yeah! :)

Looks awesome! Where did you relocate your ECU to? Ended up bolting mine on top of the gearbox mount, couldn't think of anywhere else to put it!

Oh i just through the ECU away, i though i didnt need it :S.

Only joking, i have zippy tied it to the gearbox mount too. Just not in the picture. I have put it in a plactic bag so it doesnt get wet but it looks a bit poo. Might put it in a jonny instead lol, might look a little neater, Better to be safe ;)

Looked awesome at Combe mate:)

Another mint 182!

Cheers, the front bumper, bonnet, and wings got mullered from the RAF Marham day :(

I want your ITB, gimme gimme gimme :)

Titanium 182

Ha ha yeah my flat is right next to the road so we can tell who is coming home as all the exhausts sound different. Apart from the 2 106 rallye's

Photo shoot when i get my car working yeah! :)

Haha all the cars are awesome! Had a blast up Storthes Hall lane yesterday with the blue S2 Rallye (is that the one with the GTi engine?), was awesome! :D

Yeah definitely up for a photoshoot, car's filthy but doesn't matter! What's up with yours atm?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Haha all the cars are awesome! Had a blast up Storthes Hall lane yesterday with the blue S2 Rallye (is that the one with the GTi engine?), was awesome! :D

Yeah definitely up for a photoshoot, car's filthy but doesn't matter! What's up with yours atm?

Yeah it was me in the passenger seat :) I was egging him on to blast it up the hill all the way from Morrisons lol. Got a little bit of understeer going into the right hand bend lol.

The Blue S2 Rallye has the normal 1.3ltr engine but it is fully fully striped. Its the Black S1 Rallye which has the GTi engine in :)

We will all have french pocket rockets as my mate is selling his Scoob and buying a 205 Mi16 engined track car :)

Dorp ;)

You going Jenvey or AT power?

I'l be getting Jenvey ITB as my Friends Boss is mates with the main man :)

Have to finish uni first tho, then i'l treat my self lol

Titanium 182

Yeah it was me in the passenger seat :) I was egging him on to blast it up the hill all the way from Morrisons lol. Got a little bit of understeer going into the right hand bend lol.

The Blue S2 Rallye has the normal 1.3ltr engine but it is fully fully striped. Its the Black S1 Rallye which has the GTi engine in :)

We will all have french pocket rockets as my mate is selling his Scoob and buying a 205 Mi16 engined track car :)

Lol, as soon as I saw you come out of Sainsbury's near the uni I was like 'I have to get behind him!' - I was on the round about waiting for the lights to change and zipped in between two buses to get behind you. When the lanes merged going passed Morrisons and the lorry got infront of me I thought it'd had ruined it, but I was persistant! ;)

My friends totally in love with the blue S2, but I think I've convinced him to go for a ph1 172 so there's another frenchie that will hopefully join us as well as the Mi16'd 205!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Lol, as soon as I saw you come out of Sainsbury's near the uni I was like 'I have to get behind him!' - I was on the round about waiting for the lights to change and zipped in between two buses to get behind you. When the lanes merged going passed Morrisons and the lorry got infront of me I thought it'd had ruined it, but I was persistant! ;)

My friends totally in love with the blue S2, but I think I've convinced him to go for a ph1 172 so there's another frenchie that will hopefully join us as well as the Mi16'd 205!

The car park is getting taken over by french weapons,

Oh and the S2 is a 1.6ltr not a 1.3ltr oooops :)

Love this project, proper toy.

Its still my daily driver tho ;)

ur megane r26

mate car looks spot on absolutely love it, wish i had the guts to strip it all out and everything, jealous much yes

Titanium 182

The car park is getting taken over by french weapons,

Oh and the S2 is a 1.6ltr not a 1.3ltr oooops :)

Mine's not much of a weapon unfortunately, standard 172!

Next year I'm going to work through the summer and buy/swap for a 182 and strip it out, coilovers and exhaust (still mild compared to yours, though). I'd do it to the 172 but it just doesn't feel 'as special,' so I want a change before I start buying bits!

Really can't wait to see yours properly at a meet sometime - I take the bus into uni and someone was talking about it a couple of seats ahead of myself, I lol'd!

TrackCar & F30 330d

These arrived today :)

IMG_3275-1.jpg

Fitting them them this weekend :) and hopefully the car will start as the car hasnt been run for 2 weeks :S

TrackCar & F30 330d

Wheres that going?

Under the pass seat?

Yeah under the passenger seat, took all the tar out of the passenger side a few days ago. Allthough i dont have a drill with me at uni so i'l have to go buy one so i can fit the bracket.

Got so much to do to the car, it looks a right state at the moment lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Nice bat dude, I want one of these myself but I only bought my current one for £50 a few months ago :(

Looking forward to you flying past me at a few track days next year! Make sure you get down to Snet when DannyR sorts out a group by :) Cs track take over, haha.