ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: One Year on & £3000 spent

Very nice motor chrispy. look forward too seeing it one day in the flesh

Ps Snet , sunday 8th will you be going?

Cheers, I would love to do Snet, but i've just spent all my money on ITB's and still need to buy some little bits soo i can actually get them on. Still need to spend a few hundred and this month the full cage is getting paid for.
So there will be no trackdays, beer or food for the next month or 2 lol

GET THEM BODIES ON!!!!

looks nice with the orange parts nice1

I get told that everyday by my 5 petrol head flat mates.

All in good time my friend.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Went to the RS Tuning meet today, I have been thinking that my car wasnt quite pulling at well as it has in the past. Anyway it produced 176.4 bhp and 157 Ft/Lb which is down by 9 bhp from last time i had it on a set of rollers.

It turnes out i have a missfire :eek: which is more annoying than anything as it could be due to a varaity of things.

So i will have to look into coil pack, HT Leads, Sparkies ect.

I plugged my RS Tuner in and found a few faults which i have not had before

DF0236 - Ignition Constant Feed
DF0002 - TPS sensor
DF0189 - Flywheel tooth
DF0135 - Brake information fault

Could any of these be causing my missfire?

Here are a few pics of my car today :)

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3400-1.jpg

IMG_3401-1.jpg

IMGP3055.jpg

IMGP3057.jpg

IMGP3060.jpg

IMGP3071.jpg

Titanium 182

IMG_3373.jpg

Henery the hoover made the sign on the floor so people didnt mistake it for a toilet lol
IMG_3370.jpg

Haha brilliant - how are you gonna clean that up at the end of the year? :O

Your car looks brilliant, especially clean! Mine's not fairing so well after 10 weeks of the awful weather without a wash, might pull it up outside the flat area and give it a quick once over when I get the chance.

P.s. get those tb's on ;) haha

TrackCar & F30 330d

Mark bring your car outside my flat, We have bought a tap attachment, 50 meter hose and a bucket, you just need a mitt/spong and some soap and you can use one of our buckets.

It works a treat :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Update:

Finally finished my orange wheels, took me about 2 months to finish them because i got bored half way through and then decided just to stay on my track wheels.

Anyway, here's the spare toilet on our flat AKA the spray booth.
IMG_3373.jpg

Henery the hoover made the sign on the floor so people didnt mistake it for a toilet lol
IMG_3370.jpg

A blast from the past, that's Storthes Hall. My Good Lady used to live there. It's in the middle of nowhere but I used to love the drive over on Sunday night from Leeds, some great roads.

Car looks great with the Orange touches.

Titanium 182

Mark bring your car outside my flat, We have bought a tap attachment, 50 meter hose and a bucket, you just need a mitt/spong and some soap and you can use one of our buckets.

It works a treat :)

Brilliant! Our flat had a hose attatchment with hose but I don't know where it got to. Doesn't help that I'm on the third floor.

I've got your number so I'll give you a shout, I've brought along all my cleaning gear so I'll be prepared ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

sweet pics on the rollers, unlucky on the misfire though :(

172 Cup
Re: One Year on & £**** spent

orite crispy, the cars looking sweet! r those pics afew pages ago from storthes hall? used to go to uni in hudds n not seen ure car around b4. :(

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE:

Was driving back to uni from home on Sunday and the car all of a sudden started to shake itself to peices when i was accelerating.
I just about made it home by tickeling the throttle. It sound like the driveshaft has finally given up after loosing most of the CV grease lol. So the car is now sat in the carpark and not going anywhere :(

Looks like i may just need to take the hit and buy a new one.

340i

UPDATE:

Was driving back to uni from home on Sunday and the car all of a sudden started to shake itself to peices when i was accelerating.
I just about made it home by tickeling the throttle. It sound like the driveshaft has finally given up after loosing most of the CV grease lol. So the car is now sat in the carpark and not going anywhere :(

Looks like i may just need to take the hit and buy a new one.

Renault service exchange unit.... I got one for the GF a few weeks ago £94 (trade discount)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oh so i can take my old shaft into Renault and they give me a new on if i pay £94 ish quid?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

yeah basically it will work like you pay for the shaft and a surcharge fee, and when you bring the old shaft back to renault, they will refund the surcharge fee back to you.

at £94 it's pretty much a bargain.

TrackCar & F30 330d

hmmmm, how do you get trade? I am an Engineering student, maybe i could get trade too, or do you have some sort of flashy card?

340i

If I told you that I would have to kill you....

It's not trade as such, I just get some discount (varies product to product) from the company I used to work for and just carried it on

friendly parts man FTW!!!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Typical, i just phoned the nearest Renault stealership and they want £220 for the new shaft and apprently they dont do an exchange service on my shaft :( fu*kers

172 Cup

Try GSF car parts chap, when I had my 1.2 I got a replacement driveshaft from them for around £100 iirc & it was bob on!

TrackCar & F30 330d

UPDATE.

Right so i'm getting my driveshaft re-furbished by a company in Huddersfield so my car should be working with by the end of the week :)

I bought another set of front light from Jesus and they arrived today.

I wanted another set so i could run CAF's to the ITB's when on trackdays
IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

They were in a good condition and for £35posted they were the right price for what i was going to do to them.

I tryed a heat gun on the edges to try get the plastic face off them so i could pull the gubbings out from them, but that didnt work, also tryed soaking them in hot water but that didnt work.

So i got a nice big hammer and wacked the S**T out of the back and after a while it looked like this.
IMG_3470-1.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

I've kept the mounting points so its now nice and light but it will attach to the same places.

Now i need to cut a dirty big hole in the front of them and attach the piping with some tiger seal or somthing. Then they will be sparyed Black :)

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3475-1.jpg

Should get a lot of cold air to the ITB's and save a few KGs over the xzeons.

I know i could have bought the CF ones from Yozza but £200 was quite a lot as i was cutting a hole in them.

Bargin CAF :)

Octavia VRS

lovely car matey :D

stupid question but where did you get the small number plate?

do you have any trouble with the fuzz for having them on? They seem clear enough to be legal....!

Hugh.

Titanium 182

That's gonna look awesome when it's done - how are you cutting into the front lense? Spraying the covers too? :)

do you have any trouble with the fuzz for having them on? They seem clear enough to be legal....!

Hugh.

Probably fancyplates.com - it's where I got mine from! *touch wood* so far I haven't had any problems with it, either!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Hugh.

Thanks

I bought my plate from http://www.fancyplates.com/

I've never had any troubble with the plate but other people have got into troubble before with the police.

Edit, Mark beat me too it lol.

TrackCar & F30 330d

That's gonna look awesome when it's done - how are you cutting into the front lense? Spraying the covers too? :)

Probably fancyplates.com - it's where I got mine from! *touch wood* so far I haven't had any problems with it, either!

Yeah i will be spraying them black i think.

I'm not 100% sure on what i'm going to cut them with, but i want to make it flush, so i may cut the hole a tiny bit smaller so the pipe just sits behind it. :)

Titanium 182

Yeah i will be spraying them black i think.

I'm not 100% sure on what i'm going to cut them with, but i want to make it flush, so i may cut the hole a tiny bit smaller so the pipe just sits behind it. :)

Can't wait!

Let me know when you next go on a track day not too far away, I probably won't go around but I'd want to come along and see.

Actually saying that, I haven't tracked the Clio yet - I might do it just to see what she's like! :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

We are all going to the Ring at the end of Uni so you should bring your 172 if you can get insured to come abroard :)

But i'll need some more R888's tho :S as mine are bald

Titanium 182

We are all going to the Ring at the end of Uni so you should bring your 172 if you can get insured to come abroard :)

But i'll need some more R888's tho :S as mine are bald

Haha I can imagine myself being very very skint at the end of this year, but if I have a few pennies laying around I'll try and come along, if only to hear those itbs! :D

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i

where your old lights quite heavy?

Yeah I'm living at Storthes hall now lol, Its mint

My sis used to live there in her first year at Hud uni, wasnt it an old hospital?

TrackCar & F30 330d

where your old lights quite heavy?

My sis used to live there in her first year at Hud uni, wasnt it an old hospital?

Lol yeah it was an old mental hospital :)

My new "cup racer" lights only weigh 0.7 kg and the normal xzeons weight about 3kgs?! So i suppose i'm gona be saving a few kgs.

The main reason for doing it is for the cold air feeds to the ITB's

320d

When are the ITB's going on then?

Fair play to you for doing all this whilst your at Uni. I'm even thinking of selling my 172 when I go to Uni because of the running costs etc. I won't end up doing though. I won't be able to let go.

Titanium 182

Over 2kg's per light is quite a weight save! Also taking weight away from the front, which is quite rare.

sorry for off topic but have you found the tunnels yet, the woods and certain rooms can be a bit freaky

Where are the tunnels?

I did loads of research on it before Haloween (trying to avoid doing work) and found pictures of some proper creepy looking bits, most of which I've found.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice idea with the headlamps, you just gonna swap them over when you get to the track or drive down with them already in place?

TrackCar & F30 330d

sorry for off topic but have you found the tunnels yet, the woods and certain rooms can be a bit freaky

Nope havnt found any tunnels, allthough i have found the tunnel in town which gets a regular brap through lol

When are the ITB's going on then?

Fair play to you for doing all this whilst your at Uni. I'm even thinking of selling my 172 when I go to Uni because of the running costs etc. I won't end up doing though. I won't be able to let go.

The ITB's are going on at xmas, as i want to do it properly and line everything up perfectly. Then its straight off to get it mapped by Ktec i think as i will be going down there to pick up my Cage :)

With regards to the uni thing, i'm in my 4th year so last year i was on my placement year and every penny went on getting the car and modin it to what it look like now.

Over 2kg's per light is quite a weight save! Also taking weight away from the front, which is quite rare.

I'm not 100% if they are 3kg but its still gona be a small saving from right at the front :)

nice idea with the headlamps, you just gonna swap them over when you get to the track or drive down with them already in place?

I expect i will be changing the lights at the track. I'll get there a little bit earlier and change the tyres and lights :)

I'm going to modify them so i can change them quickly.