ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Re: One Year on & £3000 spent

Nice bat dude, I want one of these myself but I only bought my current one for £50 a few months ago :(

Looking forward to you flying past me at a few track days next year! Make sure you get down to Snet when DannyR sorts out a group by :) Cs track take over, haha.

Oh Snet :( its such a long way from me. Took me 7 hours to drive to Snet a few months ago, had stupid diversions and traffic.

But if its a cheap track day then i'm there ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Love the car and the project thread :) Noice work sir!

TrackCar & F30 330d

BIG NEWS!!!

Picking up a Jenvey ITB kit Friday.

Just need a standard map for the Omex ECU, Coolant Temp Sensor, a fitting Guide, Bonnet Pins and Ktec's Sausage Filter as i want to keep my AC (for now)

Think that should be it, I'm gona weight all the old stuff i take off and weight the new gear so i can see how much weight i save :)

Might have to wait untill xmas to fit it so i can fit it in my old mans garage.

Watch this space :)

Clio 172

These arrived today :)

IMG_3275-1.jpg

Fitting them them this weekend :) and hopefully the car will start as the car hasnt been run for 2 weeks :S

Are these battery's bad for going flat over time, I've read you need to keep them topped up regular?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Well i drive my 182 about every other day, so it gets charged quite a lot. Havnt had it in that long so i wouldnt expect to have any problems yet.

172 Race Car

Are these battery's bad for going flat over time, I've read you need to keep them topped up regular?
They are fine for normal use, if you dissconect them they dont loose charge at all (If going away for a long time)

Im selling them atm (Odyssey)

[/thread hijack]

BMW M5 & E36

My Odyssey's been sat for the past 3 weeks or so still connected and it started just fine :)

Good buy on the ITB's mate :)

172 Race Car

Yea ive never had a problem with my odyssey and it was stood 3 weeks over the summer.

The itb's will be good. Ive driven the car they came off of and it was huge fun

TrackCar & F30 330d

My Odyssey's been sat for the past 3 weeks or so still connected and it started just fine :)

Good buy on the ITB's mate :)

They were a right bargin, I'm sure I will have forgotten somthing expensive and will end up kicking myself when i cant afford to finish it lol

Yea ive never had a problem with my odyssey and it was stood 3 weeks over the summer.

The itb's will be good. Ive driven the car they came off of and it was huge fun

Good, The car feels so fast as it is atm with a V6 airbox coming straight off the TB :)
So with an extra 20bhp :evil: :D

ITB'd 182...

lol @ Dorp....

Valley's slang!

You will love it mate, Fo-Sho!

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184

very nice mate

there was nothing like this in the car park at storthes hall when i was there, that was a few years ago now

TrackCar & F30 330d

Think they are off Dan R's car!

Yeah they are off Dan R's 182 :)

I'm had to put them back in the box as i keep getting distracted by them lol. The next few weeks untill xmas is going to go soooooooo slowly :(

very nice mate

there was nothing like this in the car park at storthes hall when i was there, that was a few years ago now

LOL, quite a few people ask how a first year can afford a 182 track car. But then i have to explain that i'm an old final year student :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Only a little update.

Refitted my dash and painted my dash strips (Looks much better in the flesh)
IMG_3329.jpg
Finished another wheel only got one more to do lol.
IMG_3300.jpg

Here is my current airbox set up
IMG_3331.jpg

Going to RS Tuning on the 7th or November for the RR meet. So i'm hoping for more than 184.6bhp with my old set up.
Gona ask some questions about getting a custome map when i get my ITB's on too :)

Things i'll be doing over November & December:
Fitting my Jenvey ITB's
Getting it on the Rolling Road and getting a decent map
Tidying the wiring in the car
Spraying the interiour black
Hopefully fitting a Caged Full Roll Cage (in Orange)
Respraying my wing mirrors
New dished Steering wheel + boss
Lining the Dash in Alcantara (maybe)

So i'm got lots to keep me busy :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Update:

Finally finished my orange wheels, took me about 2 months to finish them because i got bored half way through and then decided just to stay on my track wheels.

Anyway, here's the spare toilet on our flat AKA the spray booth.
IMG_3373.jpg

Henery the hoover made the sign on the floor so people didnt mistake it for a toilet lol
IMG_3370.jpg

I went down to CV Graphics in huddersfield and asked if they could cut me a T*AT Strip, as i dont have any headling and sunvisors. Kind of wished thay had made it a bit thicker now, but it does the job i wanted to so its all good, and it was uber cheap :) Cant see traffic lights which is a bit of a pain but meh!

Here's a few pictures of the car after a quick wash this morning :)

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3385-1.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

Off to the RS Tuning meet tomorrow to see what shes running, fingers crossed its a nice figure :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

that's sound! looks well nice, so are they gonna be your road or track wheels?

mine will look pretty much like that too - when i've sourced some mirror caps and got the wheels sprayed properly!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Orange cup spoiler ftw!

Lol might be a little too much orange ;)

that's sound! looks well nice, so are they gonna be your road or track wheels?

mine will look pretty much like that too - when i've sourced some mirror caps and got the wheels sprayed properly!

Well i was going to spray my black track wheels orange but they are nicly powder coated, these road wheels were sprayed black but not very well so i decided to do these orange.

The interiour will be matt black and have a full Caged cage, powder coated orange. Then that will be all the orange on the car :)

sweet car - will be good to see this tomorrow at rstuning!

Cheers, yeah the meet is going to be huge :)

I'm quite excited lol

172 Ph1

Very nice motor chrispy. look forward too seeing it one day in the flesh

Ps Snet , sunday 8th will you be going?