ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Golf GTD Mk7
My volvo brackets cost me £10, my 172 cup alternator cost £55 my belt cost £8

So to delete my AC & PAS is cost me £73 and that kit on the internet is like £350 or somthing.

yeah, I was having a look at it last night. Nice bit of kit, but £310 is quite steep. Do you need to use cambelt locking tools etc to fit the cup setup?

TrackCar & F30 330d
yeah, I was having a look at it last night. Nice bit of kit, but £310 is quite steep. Do you need to use cambelt locking tools etc to fit the cup setup?

I'm not using the Cup set up, i'm using volvo brackets and a 172cup alternator. But no i'm not taking the crank pully off so i dont need to use the cambelt locking tools.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Little update from the bits i did tonight

So my steering coloum had some little bits of excess metal which i didnt really want, and it looks poo because of the rusty colour

IMG_4816.jpg

So i removed it from the car

IMG_4906.jpg

And then set about cutting the bits off i didnt want.

So before

IMG_4900.jpg

And after i had cut the bits and sprayed it black

IMG_4905.jpg

Then re attached to the car :)

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

Much better :)

DCi 100
The longer bolts on the collumn are where you've spaced it out to have a lower position on the steering wheel right? Can't remember it being like that last time I saw one.

TrackCar & F30 330d
The Interiour should pretty much look the same when all the wires are back in too as 90% of the wiring will be hidden under the little dash.

With the steering coloum been lower its now a perfect driving position the only bad bit is the gear stick is still far forward, shame that cant be relocated further back as easy as lowering the coloum

172 5HED
Having a crack at the alt on Sun pal. All in with a kangoo alternator for £60! Just hope the 1.9d one is correct, mounts look good though. Cheers for the heads up on the bits ;)

Clio182Clio1.4,Hilux
The Interiour should pretty much look the same when all the wires are back in too as 90% of the wiring will be hidden under the little dash.

With the steering coloum been lower its now a perfect driving position the only bad bit is the gear stick is still far forward, shame that cant be relocated further back as easy as lowering the coloum

Chris, I'm 6'4" and have been thinking the same but Fred @BTM gave Tom@JMS the best advice which I'm trying. Rather than relocate the lever further back. Use all the adjustment in the linkage to bring 4th back toward the hand brake and 3rd will be nearer the original neutral position. May need to dremel the plastic for getting into reverse. It's in Tom's thread somewhere...

TrackCar & F30 330d
Today i rebuilt up the rear hubs with my spacers Bomber gave to me (thanks mate) & my expensive camber washers lol.

Heres the gear

10mm spacers for each side

IMG_4898.jpg

The rear beam was pretty rust so i brushed the rust off with the drill and gave it a quick spray

IMG_4913.jpg

so built it all up and put some wheels on her so we could get the cars out of the garage for a drive

Rear wheels sit much better in the arches :)

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

:)

Nearly 1 month to go when it has to be finished :S

TrackCar & F30 330d
Driving on slicks? lol

Looking good tho :approve:

Thats how I roll (do you get it....i have to push the car because it doesnt drive yet so it rolls!)

Hmmm Carlsberg Export!!

Awesome, you seen my thread? I already have the steering column marked up for trimming.

Yeah i just had a look at your thread again, your coloum is wierd, it has that huge bit of metal underneath which is strange as mine never came with it!

Looks good mate, how much camber should that give you?

I cant remember the size washers i put in but i belive it will give me around 3 degrees negative camber so we'll see how that feels like.

I'm gona be ordering the front spacers next week hopefully so it should have a good stance.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Weird and alot easier that you didn't have that plate. Was the column easy to remove? Think it will be easier to cut and grind like that.

Well as i dont have any PAS pipes getting in the way anymore its easy to get to the bolt which attaches the colom to the rack but i remember it been a right ball ache getting it off.

So for you it might be best just dropping the 4 bolts which attach it to the car and using the angle grinder in the car. Or just do it when its on.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yerp, as i thought,
i was thinking i may dropping the subframe also as my suspension will be coming out, along with having to fit the powerflex kit... may do it all then

TrackCar & F30 330d
Update,

As i had spaced the rear out i needed to space the front track outwards too. So i bought some 25mm Eibach spacers for the front. So its now 50mm wider at the front.

IMG_4941.jpg

As they arrived today i fitted them tonight :)

So here's the disk bare with no spacer, ignor the rust.

IMG_4945.jpg

With the 25mm spacer

IMG_4947.jpg

So before

IMG_4943.jpg

After

IMG_4950.jpg

Befor

IMG_4944.jpg

After

IMG_4949.jpg

So all spaced out now :)

IMG_4952.jpg

Need to do a bit of trimming of the bumper and arches but thats not difficult as i'm now a dab hand with the angle grinder :evil:

TrackCar & F30 330d
The car still has the AST topmounts too add camber so ts still got some more negative camber toget.
I'm hoping to get the car road registered but still may trailer it to trackdays just invade I have any problems with thecar like crashing it.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I am currently insured with sky insurance and it was actually pretty easy declaring all my mods. Did take quite a while tho!

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Very nice, same spacing as mine front and rear IIRC.

When will this be seeing a track day would love to see it.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Very nice, same spacing as mine front and rear IIRC.

When will this be seeing a track day would love to see it.

Well I'm hoping to get it all running in a few weeks, and after its all running i'll book my trackdays, I have bought 8 days worth of trackdays for this year so it's deffently getting some action in 2011

can i ask what you pay on insurance please mate an how old you are? pm if you want

I pay about £1000, I'm 24 (just), 3years ncb, and every mod is declaired (theres a lot), The roll cage added about £150 which was a bit annoying but its all legit insurance wise so its fine really.

Were the slicks covered under the insurance too? ;)

Yes there are..............not covered. lol

Will be on the R888's if it goes back on the road.