ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Are your front lights painted chris?

Yeah I gutted some old lights a year and a bit ago and sprayed them dark grey/black :)

It looks stunning. Sit back and be proud.

It's taken a long time to get like this, I am very eased with how it's turned out.

My Mark fish prepped car is fine on road. I love driving it actually. My little sister has driven it to Ring twice for me and my mums driven it to loads of Track days for me.

Goes very well on track as well. Handling is awesome in my opinion.

Tonys driven it. You CAN have a nice road/track compromise in my opinion.

Well when the car was on the road it's was brilliant to drive, I loved how hard core it was, the one thing which would get to me was how loud the exhaust was.

But now my car is too hardcore and it's just a bit of a pain.

Looks great that does!

Im skeptical of the hole in the bulk head where the loom passes through though. Needs some edge protection. Im sure you don't want no more wiring problems.

Yeah it's things like that which I am sorting out this winter. All the fun stuff is complete it's just the boring things to do now.

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Hello everyone,

Not updated this in quite a while! I'm affraid there have been no car updates apart from the car growing more green stuff!

But progress has been made. I bought myself a VW Passat Estate to tow the Clio and I now have access to a trailer when ever I need it.

I have also just bought my first garage which came with a nice house on the side ;) So the Clio will have a nice roof over its head!

So I am officially broke! And it gets worse, I'm going to be working in Munich for 5months. But the Clio is going to stay and it'll get it's track time ASAP!

TrackCar & F30 330d
As in what am I doing to the car?

Filling it with fuel and driving it!

Just going to tidy the car up really, a few very little things but nothing big at all. Once I've used up my 8 trackdays that I've got fro a group buy ages ago and gone to the ring for a few laps I'll be selling the car!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
As in what am I doing to the car?

Filling it with fuel and driving it!

Just going to tidy the car up really, a few very little things but nothing big at all. Once I've used up my 8 trackdays that I've got fro a group buy ages ago and gone to the ring for a few laps I'll be selling the car!

Why are you going to sell it mate?

Vectra
a3f6483e.jpg

first time ive had a good look thru this thread without skipping pages , its been an amazing project!

but just wanting to know some info on those lights and that sun strip , can light still shine thru? and where did you buy that sun strip

thanks

PH1 172 (Track Car)
Looks bloody fantastic mate, its been a really good read - thanks for sharing!

Its a shame that you're already thinking about selling it on. Lets hope that once you get back out on track that you will want to keep it!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Chris I've had a look but can't find where you said how much your cage weighs???

I tried pm'ing you but had no joy

TrackCar & F30 330d
I've had no PM's Chris

The cage is 38kg I think. I did quite a lot of looking around and i felt it was the best cage for the money and weight. Although I probably would have got some more tubing to make the door bars an X

Oh and for anybody who cares, the car should be doing a trackday in Feb, Bedford Autodrome hopefully :)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
After seeing your engine bay in another thread i wanted to see the whole build and omg just taken me ages just to flicker through to the updates (would have taken me days to read the hole thing), very impressive dude :hail:.

Did you manage to weight the car after all the extra kg's has been shredded?

I must admit im now thinking off going down the same route with my road legal/track car.

Clio
I've read this entire thread from start to finish it's taken me about 3 days and that's a few hours of reading a day!
What an amazing build, I just don't understand why you would be considering selling already after you've put so much work into it, best car on here by far

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well as everything has been sorted I can now confess that the clio was driven on the road....but just for one day, and only for 1 mile max :(

Most epic mile I have driven in the last 18 + months tho :) Totally forgot how fast the car is and look forward to driving it again.

So the car is now in my garage at my new house and will be staying there untill August.

So as i'm going to be living in Munich untill then my next upate will be in August lol.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm gona be back in the Uk for Easter so I should have some goodies waiting for me at home.

So for anybody that can actually remember this car I should have an update soon :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
What like a full tank of fuel and a set of keys? ;)

Lol maybe, there is actually a Renault key in one of my parcels but it's not for the engine.

I'm hoping to fully finish it so the next time I come back to the Uk I can take it straight to a trackday.

We will see!