ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ryan218's 182 for Road & Track

This is my 3rd clio (2 DCi's before this one) have had it on the road for 6 months, covered 13k and done 4 trackdays. Croft twice, Cadwell Park (Awesome track) and donnington park. I bought it as a mint condition standard example with FRSH and only 47k, I did plan to keep it standard but that didn't last long.

After owning it a month I booked a trackday at croft, in preparation for this i bought some DS2500 pads, ktec braided lines and super blue ATE fluid.

cliosport.jpg

This is the point where the bug bit! I really enjoyed the track time and wanted to make the car more track focused. I have since been through lots of different suspension setups to find a set up i like that gives a good compremise between the daily commute and trackdays. It has developed a few issues and am going to keep track of them in this thread, you will see the issues further down.

The current spec is as follows

Suspension/ Brakes

Spax RSX coilovers (custom rear springs)
K-Tec strut brace
Pure Motorsport toe shims
Pure Motorsport camber shims
Ds 2500 front pads
Brake ducts
Air deflectors
Brembro rear pads
K-tec braided hoses
Ate superblue fluid

Engine
RS Tuner remap
Home made induction kit
Janspeed sport cat back with sleeved de-cat

Wheels/Tyres
OZ Superleggra's with Dunlop 03G's
182 wheels with Exaltos
Ultraleggra copys with goodyear egle F1's (winter wheels)

Interior
Cobra imola 2 seats, home made subframes
Sparco 3 point harnesses
OMP wheel and boss
False floor
All seat belts and brackets removed

Jobs to do list

New genuine Renault engine mount and gearbox mount
Powerflex dogbone mount
Fit reconditioned JC5 129 gearbox with bolted in diff
Fit new Valeo clutch
Fit standard air box with pipercross filter element (for noise limits at trackdays)
Re fit de-cat with a new exhaust fitting kit
New rear exhaust hangers
Nimbus heat shield on bulkhead
Gulf competition engine oil
Redline ATF gearbox oil
Re wound heater resistor
New wiper linkage (current one won't stop creaking even after soaking in WD40)

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

FCS 2012 track time
donington_zps2f4494b7.jpg

Tripod :cool:
20.jpg

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Car looks good. Love the last pic. Not sure about where you've secured the harnesses though :S
Same place I've mounted mine in my track car. The standard inertia belts mount, very strong and a good angle for the harness'.

I mean I have no idea. But seems like they would be at too much of an angle? And would tug a lot harder on one shoulder than the other under pressure?