ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samung Omnia

Car  Clio_Smart
Due an upgrade and im looking into the samsung Omnia

I have watched some of the videos on youtube and the phone looks great but im not to keen on the menu.

The contacts page looks dull as does the main menu.

How much customization can you do ?

Overall whats the phone like ?

Thanks :D

Ps. Sorry for the spelling mistake on the title lol
 
Just got one this afternoon and will be returning it tomorrow morning, its like every windows mobile smartphone i've used feels like a PDA with a phone tacked on. Its a step in the right direction without a doubt but not far enough, other trouble with it is you need a stylus to do the more complex things with it and theres nowhere to store it in the phone. That and I can't get on with texting on a touchscreen, will be waiting for the N96/N85 then I guess.
 
I think the phone looks good but im not to keen on the overall setup.

I think i was looking to into it because there is not much out at the moment.
 
The iphone is too much of a toy/fashion accessory imo, hence why I tried the omnia as I wanted something similar but with the features you get with a proper smartphone.
 
I've tried one, I wasn't blown away. Like a lot of apples products they have a lot of hype and fashion to them, although i'm not slating them at all the ipod is brilliant if you blank out itunes.

Don't really have a problem with the iphone it just doesn't do "it"/enough for me, and windows mobile doesn't either cool concept but too complicated for its own good. Will be waiting another month for the N96 or longer for the N85.
 
Windows mobile takes about a day to get used too..To be honest, who cares. This is a good alternative to a iphone. Which one suits you more, you decide. :)
 
depends what your requirements are, not quite sure what else you could be looking for apart from a better camera in the unit.

You have emails including exchange.
Movies
Music
GPS - not perfect but better than nothing
Camera
Book
Bespoke applications

You have all the units in one good, solid product.

:)

N85 looks nice, I love nokia's too.
 
Thats what I found surprising tbh, has everything I want but I just can't get on with it. No stylus and touch text entry is driving me up the wall, just can't see it working on a night out after one too many ales. That and it just doesn't feel polished, love certain bits of it but I guess i've had too many symbian phones now.
 
Its no different to a iphone in that respect. To be honest i was worried about beered up txts but on the Samaung phonepad option i dont find it hard at all after two beered up wkends to test it...lol

I dont use the stylus either. I thought it was needed at first but it really isnt and i've got quite fat fingers...lol
 
I'm looking between the E71 and the omnia as a business phone, exchange is a requirement.

What's the battery like? To be honest, it looks like a great product too :)

Any of these new phones are bloody nice. My main worry is when they put rubbish processors and not enough ram thus the phone lags and that winds me up.
 
Battery seems good. Its been lasting two days with loads of use each day and i mean plenty..lol. With my C902 i had to charge it every night.
 
Back
Top