ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sat nav WHERE in the Vee?

Hi guys.........my dad is taking the Vee down to Hull tomorow and then on to Birmingham on Saturday night ready for the re-map Sunday morning.

The question is where can he mount the Sat Nav so that it gets a signal and if he can't where is a good place to get an add on antenna?

Cya Stu
PS it's a Navman iCN520 if that makes any dif!

V6 Clio
You won't get a signal in the car that it can hold. I think it will take an external antenna (mcx type) that plugs into the socket under the grey tab.
Get one on ebay for £5 or so.

Yeah I thought that's what you'd say.........we don't have time for ebay, it's looking like Halfords eh!

Cya Stu

i have my arial for my sat nav mounted underneath my engine cover, and i get a 100% signal. and its nicely hidden away, i have a pionerr x1r sat nav setup.

RenaultSport clio v6
ive not had anything but full signal 95% of the time with a tomtom one in my vee?

Clio RS 172 Ph2
Stick the receiver under the little square patch at the bottom centre of the front windscreen.

Works for my rikaline receiver as it's small enough to fit in there, but my RoadAngel is too big, so for that I have to use an external ariel.