ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
It's looking MINT mate.

I'm going to get my mounts powder coated after Bedford, probably get the inlets done at the same time.

That Engine bay looks the nuts too! Did Rikki sell that in the past couple of years or so?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It's looking MINT mate.

I'm going to get my mounts powder coated after Bedford, probably get the inlets done at the same time.

That Engine bay looks the nuts too! Did Rikki sell that in the past couple of years or so?

Cheers mate, im not to sure but i do know it was done to be sold.

Dont know what he got for it, but i do know he wanted top dolla.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
God I love this. X

Thanks Jacob, im looking forward to seeing how yours comes out with all of your plans. :)

If you have it I cant sell lol.. Brilliant work mate..

Ta very much Chi. I take it you are going to Bedford?

Haven't been on the forum for a while but it looks like you've been busy mate, great work.

Elo stranger, thanks Craig got to keep plodding away at it. :D

Stunning car mate.

Thank you very much.

Means alot. :approve:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Got a phone call from the polishers on Thursday saying my exhaust was ready for collection. Shot over there on Saturday morning to collect it.

The link pipe was in quite bad condition and its not the best grade stainless so its not come out 100% but its good enough.

The other little annoying thing is that the guy didn't remove the rear box fixing band before he started to polish the back box.

When i collected it.

20140118_152929_zpsf8dc312b.jpg

20140118_152943_zps89eb77b9.jpg

So me being me i had to take the fixing band and re-polish the box, i used 3M Fast cut compound with a orange pad.
The finish is lots better, just need to give the band a clean at work this week.

Ready to be fitted.

20140119_144215_zpsecb7f1ab.jpg

20140119_152012_zpsd7f454c2.jpg

Don't think ill be using that pad on a car again.

20140119_151117_zps9c679264.jpg

Another job that needed to be done was to bleed the brakes and adjust the handbrake after fitting new cables.
I also fitted the front Hel brake lines and used the ATE Super Blue fluid.

My little helper, poor sod was out in the cold in his PJ's. Still his got to earn his keep...lol

20140118_154336_zpsd294409f.jpg

20140118_143241_zps61d57aa7.jpg

Another thing is that the rear discs would fill up with water, this is not good as it will kill my rear wheel bearings.
A quick message to Adam and to covers where ordered.

Lots better.

20140118_150130_zps369fd52c.jpg

20140118_150138_zpsd4cc9a11.jpg

20140118_150705_zps76870ea6.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That exhaust :cool:

Little bit mental, but i had the beam done which ment i couldn't fit the heat shields untill they where coated then the exhaust needed cleaning as it was looking old.

Bit of a knock on affect. :eek:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cant stop now lol.

Exhaust looks great, be good to see how long it stays like that for.

Cheers Craig, i don't think that the link pipe or the bit of pipe going into the box will hold up that well tbh (fingers crossed it does though) the quality of the stainless steel is not very good.

I do hope that the exhaust box holds up though, it should do as it doesn't get that hot and its quite easy to keep clean.

We shall see i guess. :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it was going really well and was sooo impressed by the shine on the exhaust. And then I saw a rusty driveshaft, rusty lower arm bolt and a rusty tie rod...unacceptable!!!

On a serious note, are you going to enter this for concourse?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I thought it was going really well and was sooo impressed by the shine on the exhaust. And then I saw a rusty driveshaft, rusty lower arm bolt and a rusty tie rod...unacceptable!!!

On a serious note, are you going to enter this for concourse?

Flol, it lives outside. :(

I might do something with the shafts if i ever take the g/box out to have a diff fitted. ;)

No mate, i don't think there is such a thing in the Renault scene. I just want a nice car, although it will be nice if it wins something at CSS 14.
Most of the bits i have done won't be seen unless you get under the car. :(

Yours is looking great, i can't wait to see the results. :D

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Flol, it lives outside. :(

I might do something with the shafts if i ever take the g/box out to have a diff fitted. ;)

No mate, i don't think there is such a thing in the Renault scene. I just want a nice car, although it will be nice if it wins something at CSS 14.
Most of the bits i have done won't be seen unless you get under the car. :(

Yours is looking great, i can't wait to see the results. :D

No concourse at FCS or Trax etc? I won a class at Modified Live with my Fez, if you stuck yours up on ramps with mirrors it'd surely win something!

Cheers mate :) tbh its just a track **** really, the shell has a couple of parking dents, the rear bumper has a scrape and the front has a mark where whoever had it before me butchered it to fit a tow strap.

Clio 200T
Just read the thread. Glad I was able to help out with those badges the other day.

Cracking example you've got there.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No concourse at FCS or Trax etc? I won a class at Modified Live with my Fez, if you stuck yours up on ramps with mirrors it'd surely win something!

Cheers mate :) tbh its just a track **** really, the shell has a couple of parking dents, the rear bumper has a scrape and the front has a mark where whoever had it before me butchered it to fit a tow strap.

Last year Craig won with his yellow charged PH1, tbh theres not enough awards i think things will change this year.

This is fantastic, I'm taking some great tips here ha!

Good stuff matey. :)

Just read the thread. Glad I was able to help out with those badges the other day.

Cracking example you've got there.

Cheers Dan, its a bit of an obsession tbh. :eek:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Bloody hell Scott your losing it man. . In a very good way. Yes I'll be at Bedford..

Good stuff, im going with Sunglass_Ron in his 182 along with The Evil Giraffe.

Be nice to meet you mate. :D

Cheers Craig, i don't think that the link pipe or the bit of pipe going into the box will hold up that well tbh (fingers crossed it does though) the quality of the stainless steel is not very good.

I do hope that the exhaust box holds up though, it should do as it doesn't get that hot and its quite easy to keep clean.

We shall see i guess.

Yeah I don't think the link bits are as good quality as the rest of the system from ones I've seen in the past.

Hopefully over time it will stay nice & shinny mate. I no my system didn't stay shinny for long after I bought it brand new & the car hasn't seen much rain or any bad weather since fitting it, just heat really.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah I don't think the link bits are as good quality as the rest of the system from ones I've seen in the past.

Hopefully over time it will stay nice & shinny mate. I no my system didn't stay shinny for long after I bought it brand new & the car hasn't seen much rain or any bad weather since fitting it, just heat really.

I'm going to give it a coat of this. Fingers crossed it works. :)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Do you get scared to drive it, serious question not being an ass

Not taken in that way mate.

Hmmmm, the thing that scares me the most is if anything should happen to it. Im sure it wouldn't be that easy to replace.
If i take it for a blast then it always plays on my mind, "what if someone hits me". I don't drive it very offten and its never used to go to work in as i have my own van for that.
My misses also has her own car so if we are going out and about we use that, if its a nice sunny day and we want to go out for the day to the beach for example then we would take the Clio or if i go to a club meet.

It doesn't bother me if i get caught out in the rain as its not a show car, but i won't take it out if its raining as 1, Its no fun and 2, Other road users crashing into me.
I have it insured with Greenlight who have given it an agreed value which gives me piece of mind.

Ive owned it for 4 years now and covered 10,000 miles. :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah fair enough mate. I love cleaning mine and if it was as mint as yours I'd be exactly like you. Keep up the good work its a credit.