ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No mate, I need to buy coilovers before I can drive it again.

But I will be there with Sunglasses_Ron in his 182.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So a few bits arrived today, i ordered some heat proof wax to give the exhaust a coat and try and keep it nice and shiny.

I dont know if it will work on the link pipe, but as long as the back box stay's mint then ill be happy. (i'll also be giving the heat shields a coat)

20140127_174239_zpsc78e599c.jpg

I also wanted a new coolant bottle cap as the yellow paint had worn off of mine, i ordered one from Adam but it came through it was the same as what's fitted to a Kangoo van.

Renault don't do the correct cap for the PH1 or a 182 anymore. :(

Anyway i managed to find one that i bought direct from France.

20140127_173832_zpsab248887.jpg

20140127_173928_zpscf29e499.jpg

PH1 172
I don't often look in projects section as it gives me mad ideas, Just read this from start to finish, car is mint, wish mine was half as mint as yours!

I think I need to get spacers for my wheels, im hiding my F1's by those fat arches...they need to see the daylight a bit more!

Oh and you very much remind of a Ford owner, polish, polish and more polish on everything lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I don't often look in projects section as it gives me mad ideas, Just read this from start to finish, car is mint, wish mine was half as mint as yours!

I think I need to get spacers for my wheels, im hiding my F1's by those fat arches...they need to see the daylight a bit more!

Oh and you very much remind of a Ford owner, polish, polish and more polish on everything lol

Thank you very much for taking the time to read it all. :D

Yes they need spacers 100%

Result on the cap being new for £5!

I was proper happy mate.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Shiny bits.....:D

Got my bits back from the platers today, over the moon with the finish.

The bits where ready last week but they where waiting for me to call them ffs.

20140128_190836_zps2881fe32.jpg

So much better.

20140128_193105_zps662b4251.jpg

20140128_193122_zpsc06919d4.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Got a few bits done to the car as the weather was so nice.

1st up was putting the bits i had done back into the engine bay.

20140201_113138_zps139dccfe.jpg

20140201_160601_zpsb60433d9.jpg

20140201_160735_zpsb2b28966.jpg

Next was chucking the exhaust back on.

I cleaned the exhaust bracket up at work on the wire wheel, this has given it a nice satin finish which i like.

20140202_140927_zps3376a41f.jpg

All fitted.
20140202_145751_zpsbc25fa8d.jpg

All tucked up as it should be.

20140202_154937_zps5794814e.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
strong money. Around £1300 all in.

Not considered these? http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=RE0126POT286X26&a=i with http://www.camskill.co.uk/m31b0s308...E_PADS_-_DP4002R_-_EBC_Yellowstuff_Brake_Pads_

And then use the spare £400 towards the head?

Thanks Tom, they look great. Didn't know about K Sport tbh.

Are they a good caliper? Better than the Wilwoods? (as in body flex) not as if i drive the car hard enough though.

Oh just got off the phone to Andrew @ ALD, nice bloke was chatting for about 3/4 of an hour. ;)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They sponsored the time attack for a while and all of them ran the ksport stuff. A guy in work has them on his 600bhp R33 GTR and my mate has them on her Scooby. No complaints from either

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
They sponsored the time attack for a while and all of them ran the ksport stuff. A guy in work has them on his 600bhp R33 GTR and my mate has them on her Scooby. No complaints from either

Oh so they are ok then....:eek:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
So after having the bits for the battery clamp plated i didn't want the bolt damaging the clamp.

I made a nylon washer up at work on the lathe. :D

20140208_104544_zps134a34ca.jpg

Right so up next, i had already bought Catcams 421's, 182 exhaust manifold and the Ktec de-cat pipe which connects the 182 manifold to the 172 exhaust system.
My plans where to also fit ARP rod bolts, Supertec valves and to heat wrap the manifold before fitting to try and keep some of the heat away from the inlet manifold.

This was going to be something that i did later on in the year, but after finishing off the rear beam re-fresh i was getting a little bit bored.
So my plans where to get the inlets painted along with the engine cover, i had the inlets ported/matched about 3 years ago by Ben @ Angelworks (used to be a trader on here) but i was unsure how well they where done as it was just before he went under/stopped trading

With that i wanted to send them away to get them checked so over the weekend i removed them, they have now been sent away to Andrew @ALD for him to work his magic. ;)

After a bit of thinking and the man maths kicking in i decided to bite the bullet and take the head off and get cracking on the head/cams.

Again the head is going to ALD with the Supertecs which Andrew will fit after his ported the head which will be matched to the inlets, for anyone wanting to see Andrews work here is the link to his site.

http://www.aldevelopments.com/

This is all the fault of @CUB @bobby Ph1 Tom @The Russian and @GW200 for keep on spending money on there cars, i was feeling left out. :(

This is how the cars sitting now, roll on next weekend so i can get the head off. :D

20140209_152507_zps50b3656b.jpg

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ha ha! My work here is done! Although I'd rather no be spending on mine at the mo. Bank balance is looking poorly.

Sounds good bud, looking forward to catching up next weekend with a beer or two :)

Inferno 225 cup
Flol!!! Blaming me.

You spend loads more than any of us ;)

I've not got a car and unsure how long it will take to sort.

Gearbox and diff is going Thursday by courier as by the time I finish work A/T have closed :(

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Flol, got to blame someone. :rasp:

I have Mondays off so its a day i can order bits/call people etc.

But ive been working all of them as OT since the new year, im off this Monday so a few bits are going to get bought. :D

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Haha good stuff!

It's mint everywhere else, so why not make the internals of the engine mint too!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Good stuff! It'll go like this soon...
1316595744_clarkson-power.jpg

Its never going to be a rocket ship but a bit more Power!!!!! will be nice. :eek:

Haha good stuff!

It's mint everywhere else, so why not make the internals of the engine mint too!

Im going to get Andrew to get some pictures of the head step by step as its being ported.
Thanks George, see you on Saturday mate. Looking forward to seeing your racer. :race:

Brilliant as ever mate. . Gonna speculate that this isn't coming to Bedford :(

No Chi, sorry mate.

It will be out when the weather gets better, that's why im doing the engine work now.

What are you bring to Bedford, the Meg?