ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looking fantastic Scott.. is there much left to do to it? :p

There's nothing left to do Shaun before Thursday when the car goes to be mapped.

However there are a few bits i still want to do, oh ive still got the new "2.0 16V" side badges to fit but i can do that on Friday. :D

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think Scott is trying to fatten me up for some reason??

na2u9y5a.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I really want to see the figures of this :)

That engine bay though ;) x

When i spoke to Paul he said about 185, if it is then that's okay i guess.

Id like 190 bhp tbh, its all about the torque figure though and im sure that the 182 manifold and ported head will help to bring that figure up.

Ph1 Tom got 175 lb ft and 185 bhp on RS tuning rollers with a similar spec but his got the Piper cams and a sports cat.

Inferno 225 cup
When i spoke to Paul he said about 185, if it is then that's okay i guess.

Id like 190 bhp tbh, its all about the torque figure though and im sure that the 182 manifold and ported head will help to bring that figure up.

Ph1 Tom got 175 lb ft and 185 bhp on RS tuning rollers with a similar spec but his got the Piper cams and a sports cat.

I think you'll hit that, mine did 178 with the 197 cams but has a fucked lamda sensor, Paul said 185 with that and a Decat.

So yours looks more promising. :)

What cams did you opt for? I can't remember.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I think you'll hit that, mine did 178 with the 197 cams but has a f**ked lamda sensor, Paul said 185 with that and a Decat.

So yours looks more promising. :)

What cams did you opt for? I can't remember.

My engine spec is.

ALD ported head with supertech valves
ALD matched and ported inlets
ARP rod bolts
182 heat wrapped manifold with a de-cat and k-tec single box stealth.
Catcams 421's

Fingers crossed dude. :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
At least you got water to even it out ;)

I think you'll get good results Scott :) You should have a boot sale at CSS with the amount of 2nd parts you must have!

The water is for the kid's haha!

I hope I do mark as I said 190 or high 180 would be nice.

Tbh I don't have that many spare part's, Alex has my old hazard switch and I have a plastic storage box in my garage.

Hmmmmmm now that's a thought. CSS auto jumble???? :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
What time you getting there mate and what's RS postcode I'm going to shoot down if you don't mind...