ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sean's BG 182 Track car

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Did manage to remember to turn the go pro on this time aswell so got some footage of the day!

Mainly to record my girlfriends reaction who absolutely hates the Clio and has always refused to sit in it let alone go out in it so I had to show her how fun it was especially in the wet! After I promised her I wouldn’t go sideways of course

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Really itching to get my finger out and do some racing next year so might look more into it over the winter and early next year! Hard to commit time when trying to build a business at the moment but we will see!

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Think I found my exhaust blow!!

Phone call to scorpion tomorrow to see if I can get a new centre section sent out, very lucky it didn’t snap and leave me stuck on my only TF lap of the weekend I just had at Nurburgring that could of been very costly to be recovered back in!
1B94B557-62DA-42A2-9C45-22689C2EF86C.jpeg
2B71CF7B-A9C4-4ECA-98D0-DCFA6C14D281.jpeg
617627DE-4BDB-4D11-A33A-55B4D10CE75A.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So not a lot has happened have been very busy with work and I have took on a bigger premises to work from so the car is on the back burner yet again!

Have a bad leak from the rocker cover so decide to get the engine out and have a sort out in the bay, I’ll do an epas conversion and probably a light flywheel whilst it’s all out!

So yeah other than a ring trip in the focus later in the year I have nothing planned for be clio any ways ‍♂️ Here’s a pic how it sits now
2534528D-A858-4697-BCFE-F09D8B08B907.jpeg
8B01191D-3B53-4B9E-843B-E36D8F0CA237.jpeg

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Thought I’d do a bit of an update on the car - not a lot has happened to it of late I have just done a trackday at brands hatch (17/09/18) and the car was bang on all day except in the afternoon when everything is hot it wouldn’t start, then the immobiliser light was flashing then it stayed solid, we played around with the relays under the bonnet and messed about with the wiring loom and it fired up, went out for a stint and when I came back I turned the car off and then it wouldn’t start for the rest of the day, such a shame as it was going really well! I have spoken to someone who suggested there might be a break in a wire somewhere between the fuse box and uch! Need to get it sorted before November as we have a spa trackday booked and I want to take the Clio so if any one has any suggestions I am all ears!