ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 Clio Dynamique
This is going to be the progression thread for my Naughty Blue 1.6 Dynamique, my first car which I've owned for around 3 months now & loving every bit of!
mHRqdAZ.jpg

(First day she got home, very cold day!)

Some info on the car:
Bought at 41,780 Miles (45,200 now)
Picked it up for £750!
1.6 Dyamique Model
Disgusting Lacquer peel on the roof :(
Serviced in February

Current Modifications (since ownership)
Fitted new Mk2 Headlamps & Xenons
JBL Audio 12" Sub + Exterior Amp
Sony DSX-A300 Head Unit
Richbrook Gear Knob
New Bosch Windscreen Wipers
Footwell LED's (chavvy but I love it)
New interior lights
(Nothing too much yet, waiting for those Paychecks!)

Plans:
Team Heko Wind Deflectors (A must, fitting them ASAP)
Black Badges
RS Grille (In the post)
Gloss Blue Wrapped Interior Trim
LED Dash Conversion
OMP Steering Wheel
Full 172 Interior
172 Front/Rear Bumper & Skirts (Still debating as I'd need a D48 Nautical Blue respray on all parts)
TA-TECHNIX Coilovers
NEW RIMS! (Not sure whether to go Turini Speedlines, F1's, Lenso's or other)

Lots of work to be done if I want my little Frenchie looking how I want, but for now here's a few pictures of what she looks like now! (Please excuse the BecauseClio windshield sticker, it has been removed!)
oLz2gxO.jpg

2fF2svg.jpg

More pictures coming soon once I get the RS Grille & Deflectors fitted!

e92 330i
Looking good mate.

A Phase 3 front bumper really tidies the front up if a sport kit is to much work. They look great when colour coded.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Sean, that looks like you got a good buy. Sounds like you've got a good plan for it, look forward to seeing it progress. [emoji106]

This is going to be the progression thread for my Naughty Blue 1.6 Dynamique, my first car which I've owned for around 3 months now & loving every bit of!
mHRqdAZ.jpg

(First day she got home, very cold day!)

Some info on the car:
Bought at 41,780 Miles (45,200 now)
Picked it up for £750!
1.6 Dyamique Model
Disgusting Lacquer peel on the roof 😧
Serviced in February

Current Modifications (since ownership)
Fitted new Mk2 Headlamps & Xenons
JBL Audio 12" Sub + Exterior Amp
Sony DSX-A300 Head Unit
Richbrook Gear Knob
New Bosch Windscreen Wipers
Footwell LED's (chavvy but I love it)
New interior lights
(Nothing too much yet, waiting for those Paychecks!)

Plans:
Team Heko Wind Deflectors (A must, fitting them ASAP)
Black Badges
RS Grille (In the post)
Gloss Blue Wrapped Interior Trim
LED Dash Conversion
OMP Steering Wheel
Full 172 Interior
172 Front/Rear Bumper & Skirts (Still debating as I'd need a D48 Nautical Blue respray on all parts)
TA-TECHNIX Coilovers
NEW RIMS! (Not sure whether to go Turini Speedlines, F1's, Lenso's or other)

Lots of work to be done if I want my little Frenchie looking how I want, but for now here's a few pictures of what she looks like now! (Please excuse the BecauseClio windshield sticker, it has been removed!)
oLz2gxO.jpg

2fF2svg.jpg

More pictures coming soon once I get the RS Grille & Deflectors fitted!

Thought I recognised the pictures and being that it's a 1.6!

image.png

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it! Yes I do have a YouTube channel as someone has spotted, will be doing more videos on my Frenchie once I get it all going!

As for progress, Yesterday I managed to fit my OMP Steering wheel on and I'd say it looks quite good!
2JDiImH.jpg

(Horn currently doesn't work, somehow managed to fuse the two connecting wires together & short circuited the button, may have to order a replacement horn aha)

Also finally got that all important RS Grille on! As well as Black Badges & Hekos!
tWqGBPq.jpg

Currently working on getting some Lowering Springs, was going to purchase Coilovers but I don't see the point as I'm only looking to drop the car a little. Car is already quite low which may be due to completely f*cked stock springs, 40-60 Apex or Eibach Sportlines should do just fine! Let me know what you think of the car so far, I personally love the RS Grille :)

e92 330i
Looking good I like the dish on that wheel and the grill makes such a difference.

You know that hole you have next to your steering wheel, where the radio controls used to be, you can get a blank for that from Renault for like £3.

e92 330i
Oh and go with eibach sportlines, apex have a history of being an awful ride.

Plus the eibachs make the same spring for the 1.6 as the 2.0 so if you get a sport one day the springs will swap straight over.

Oh and go with eibach sportlines, apex have a history of being an awful ride.

Plus the eibachs make the same spring for the 1.6 as the 2.0 so if you get a sport one day the springs will swap straight over.

Apex are awful. Eibach all the way ! Car looks nice

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love mine more if it had a 1.6 110bhp or something right? deffo need that. A lot of people say you wont notice the difference coming from 1.2 to 1.6 but my god you do.
Brembo uprated discs and pads make a huge difference. I went down the coilover route because lows and it allows you to go flat out through roundabouts.

I'd love mine more if it had a 1.6 110bhp or something right? deffo need that. A lot of people say you wont notice the difference coming from 1.2 to 1.6 but my god you do.
Brembo uprated discs and pads make a huge difference. I went down the coilover route because lows and it allows you to go flat out through roundabouts.

100%. 1.2 can have either 60 or 75bhp depending on the 8/16v

Going to a 1.4 is 97bhp and 1.6 around the 110bhp mark. Easily beat fiesta Zectec S's ;)

Edition 30
Apex ride is fooking hard but bearable.
Car looks good, same as my old one.
I'd go for F1's, they're cheap and make it look different from all the Turini fans.

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Looking good I like the dish on that wheel and the grill makes such a difference.

You know that hole you have next to your steering wheel, where the radio controls used to be, you can get a blank for that from Renault for like £3.
Thanks George, I'll be sure to get a blank so it makes it look a little cleaner!

As for the springs I have been told Eibach Sportlines are my best bet so I'll have to get a set of those, now just to decide on a set of nice cheap-ish rims like OZ F1's or similar!

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
100%. 1.2 can have either 60 or 75bhp depending on the 8/16v

Going to a 1.4 is 97bhp and 1.6 around the 110bhp mark. Easily beat fiesta Zectec S's :wink:
Yeah got the 75bhp one so not the worst. Moving to my 240bhp GTi soon so that should be fun.
I assume you're still in your first year of driving what was your insurance like? black box? I paid £3k for mine for first year with black box in 2013

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Yeah got the 75bhp one so not the worst. Moving to my 240bhp GTi soon so that should be fun.
I assume you're still in your first year of driving what was your insurance like? black box? I paid £3k for mine for first year with black box in 2013

I've been driving 4 months & my insurance is nice and steep aha! £1850 with a Box on the 1.6 :)

Will have a years no claims in May. £850 :)

Also no black box

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Yesterday I managed to fit my RS seats in (with a generous amount of help from friends) & finally get rid of the horrible fabric ones!
ICN6tjf.jpg

xmq3ROy.jpg

Inside is looking alot nicer now & the RS seats feel loads better when driving!

Ditched the horrible amber indicator bulbs for some classic Philips Silvervisions, much better!
8fjNqBx.jpg

One more thing that was recently added is my custom Backbox from Longlife/Powerflow, sounds like it should now!
VHFaq9A.jpg

Next up on the list of things to do is Coilovers/Springs. Once I decide whether to get Eibach Sportline Springs (£159) or TA-TECHNIX Coilovers (£215) they'll be on order soon & hopefully fitted by the end of the month!

Then the hardest choice of them all which is the rims, currently thinking of some AXE EX8/XXR 527's in Matte Black.
These are AXE EX8's, I think they'd look lovely on the Frenchie with a bit of offset & a drop!
ex8-b.jpg

e92 330i
Coming along now mate. Exhaust looks tidy.

Wheels are nice but I don't think you'd pull them off without coilovers.

I had the ta technix on my first clio, very bouncy and ruined the ride but it was ok for a short while.
If I remember rightly the eibachs from my 1.6 went on my 2.0 as demon tweets said they are the same. So maybe the cooksports are an option for a bit more lows.

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Coming along now mate. Exhaust looks tidy.

Wheels are nice but I don't think you'd pull them off without coilovers.

I had the ta technix on my first clio, very bouncy and ruined the ride but it was ok for a short while.
If I remember rightly the eibachs from my 1.6 went on my 2.0 as demon tweets said they are the same. So maybe the cooksports are an option for a bit more lows.

Eibachs are looking to be the better option at the moment, my car sits quite low as it is so I won't need too much of a drop to make the rims look nice!

I thought you said you'd fitted xenons in your first post?

I have bud, just haven't managed to get a pic with them on haha :)

Car is looking better every update!

I'd advise to get coilovers instead of just springs mate.. I have coilies and love it on my 1.2, once you lower it a bit, you can keep adjusting, where as on springs your stuck at that height

I run TAs, rear spring only and front in the summer I drop completely but at uni I leave an inch and a half of thread so I can navigate speed bumps [emoji23]

Coilovers and axe with a bit of stretch will look insane!

1.6 Clio Dynamique
Been a while since I updated the thread!

Managed to find some sprayed Ph2 172 wheels so they're on now!
t1XRzmI.jpg

Also fitted an 8000K HID Kit (Cheap stuff so the beam projection is way off) & now have some PI 60mm Lowering Springs to go in once I sort some small clearance issues out with the rear wheels. Probably going to need some 20-25mm spacers to sort it out.

Overall the car is coming along quite nicely, a nice drop & it'll look just how I want it!