ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat base or runners?!

Clio sport 182
Hi, I'm after some help... my sport 197 has just failed its mot due to the drivers seat not moving. The garage said I will need a new seat base as they will need to cut through the retaining bolt holding the seat base down. I assumed it was just the runners I'd need but apparently the garage are saying it's the mechanism not functioning. The base is apparently £1500 from Renault!! Or the runners are £262,Has anybody else had this problem? As I've never heard of the seat base being faulty?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Is it on standard seats and runners?

Try spraying some wd40 about it if they are? (Carefully)

I can already tell the garage are acting the c**t!

Clio sport 182
Yea it's the standard seat runners, they fished out 2 x £1 coins in the runner but still doesn't move. I'm just confused as first they said they took the seat out & now they're saying they need to cut the retaining bolt off to free the mechanism which means il need a new seat base I assume.. sounds a lil crazy to me,

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You can unbolt the seats from underneath the car to get a better look at it to see whats fouling it or why its not sliding.

They're talking absolute shite.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Absolute cowboys.

Undo the Torx T20 screw at the back of the plastic rail cover on each side of the seat.

Undo the 13mm nuts that hold the slide rails to seat base. There are three on the tunnel side and two on the door side.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
You can replace your runners if it actually needs them.

More than likely just want freeing up.

Seek a friends help.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
All you need is a new sliding rail - they are on ebay or here and do not pay more than £30

Clio sport 182
Thanks for the advice. I'm not that handy or confident, so il see if someone can undo the bolts, hopefully this will work, thanks for the help & im definitely not forking out for a new base! Rip off.