ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service - Flushes

Just booked my Cup in for its 12k service - apparently the reason this dealer is £30 more expensive than others is that they do an oil and fuel flush as part of the service?

Anyone else came across this procedure at a service? Is it required and/or desirable?

Ta :)

PS They quoted £190 for the 12k service, and £156.10 without the flushes. Before ClioSport discount of course ;)

Rich - my thoughts exactly...especially given that I change the oil at least every 7.5k anyway.

Think this could be a bit of a money spinner for garages - uneducated punter "Engine flush? Oh yeah, better have some of that!" Garage - "Excellent - another £30 towards the Xmas night out!"

Call me Mr Cynical ;)

Some garages offer discount on servicing and parts to ClioSport members - see the members section for more details :)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by matbrown on 16 September 2003

Not sure about the 172 engine but the handbook for the F7P/R engine says NEVER flush it!
Says that for the R5 GT Turbo engine as well...

Sounds like the garage think there on for an easy £30 then. I guess there tea and lottery fund is getting low.

EDD

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont flush it........

save yourself the money, you can buy some Nitrox Hot Shot to do the fuel system for £7.......