ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sh*t Dials!

Focus ST

My tacho keeps getting stuck (not good when youre going for it!) or not working all the time and my speedo wobbles around massively at low speeds. My petrol gauge never goes above 3/4 and is completely unreliable below 1/4, and my oil level gauge never works. f**king Renault electrics!

Anybody got any tips on how to solve any of these please?

172 Cup

i would say new spedo cable and new dials to mate. i would look for some williams dials as they are blue.

Paul

Focus ST

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 29 April 2004

Have the dials been messed with i.e different colour?
Nope, the speedo has always wobbled a bit, its just annoying me now. The tacho was fine when I got the car but recently has started stickingwhen the car is cold but is getting worse now. The fuel gauge and oil level gauge I can live with I suppose.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Well in that case i would just replace the whole unit, 16v dials are cheap enough. Or like me you could splash out on some nice blue williams dials.

Focus ST

No quick fixes then?:(

Oh well, I suppose some Willy dials would look good apart from the rev limit is too low! Where can I get some from and how much do you reckon theyll cost me? Whats the price difference between 16v and Willy dials?

try scrappies first! bargains! best to find one that knows f**k all about renaults u get stuff dirt cheap then!

(jsut get yellow pages out and look for car breakers)