ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shell V-Power Nitro+

dk

911 GTS Cab
£54! Is that all a Clio takes, even at those prices. Man, both my meganes and the merc have big tanks, a fill up has been over £80 for me for the past 6 or 7 years, I'm very close to hitting £100, my last fill was £94 :(

Cup In bits
£54! Is that all a Clio takes, even at those prices. Man, both my meganes and the merc have big tanks, a fill up has been over £80 for me for the past 6 or 7 years, I'm very close to hitting £100, my last fill was £94 :(

Yeah I'm guessing its a 40 litre tank with a quick sum, typical hatchback size really. I'm surprised your merc doesn't take over a ton's worth.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Do these higher octane fuels work on motorbikes aswell? Or can they cause issues? I only ever used optimax in my cliosports but never tried on my bike.

SQ5
That cant be right, ive played the fuel light game for ages before filling up and never got anywhere near to 50?

Well Chip for a change you are wrong!

If still running standard management, hold the end of the stalk when turning ignition on (not running) and scroll through when you've filled up with fuel. Will usually show 50/51 litres.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm sure it says the size of fuel tank on the inside of door, where paint code is?
If not its in the user manual booklet.

Deffo 50 litres

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Filled up with some last night, 1.40 p/l where I am. I have 1500 shell points in the last quarter too and my nearest garage is 36 mile away. That doesn't include most of my fills up with my local bp ultimate :( fml lol.

O

Oakley12

Defiantly just standard vpower! Same price aswel.

Wonder why they're changing the name? Naff all wrong with just vpower.

089B73F2-1A1B-4525-A516-6C27291A9D87-7295-00000410B50D6780.jpg

An orange one
I've just put £60 in the v6 which oddly enough showed half a tank when I pulled up, there was no old v power so just grabbed the nozzle as it sounded good lol

​£60 to brim the tank from half way and got a range of 202 miles FML!

182 Cup
I could have sworn I put 50 litres in the post this morning. Fail. I meant £50 as for a £60 fill its always over 40 litres.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well Chip for a change you are wrong!

If still running standard management, hold the end of the stalk when turning ignition on (not running) and scroll through when you've filled up with fuel. Will usually show 50/51 litres.

Thanks for the info :)

I must still have a hell of a lot of fuel left on when the light comes on then on mine. Not on standard management though so cant check that way on mine, although could on the mrs one which I assume is the same tank, unless its different from phase 1 and phase 2?

10 gallons / 45 litres is the most I have ever put in, but ive never run it totally empty so I guess I must have still had a lot more left than I thought I had! Was right off the bottom of the gauge though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Defiantly just standard vpower! Same price aswel.

Wonder why they're changing the name? Naff all wrong with just vpower.

089B73F2-1A1B-4525-A516-6C27291A9D87-7295-00000410B50D6780.jpg
You haven't read the website then have you, it has changed, it's just not 102 Ron like some were suggesting.

Clio 182 Trophy
I just filled up with this tonight. Was 141.9 with me. I doubt it will be any better performance than the normal v-power but it will be better for the engine over time.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
How the f**k does fuel "reduce friction in critical areas", sounds like a crock of marketing BS to me.

My only suggestion is it doesn't interfere with the film of oil on the bores as much as the old stuff does...

it is BS though I imagine. On the ford forums they're saying they've only changed the name to bring it inline with European v-power which is called nitro+

​bit like jif to cif

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Still don't understand why people buy this who have a standard car?(with a few exceptions of cars that run it as standard) MY car is mapped for 97RON, but people with a standard 182 for example can't benefit from paying for more expensive fuel? or am I wrong.

Still don't understand why people buy this who have a standard car?(with a few exceptions of cars that run it as standard) MY car is mapped for 97RON, but people with a standard 182 for example can't benefit from paying for more expensive fuel? or am I wrong.

Run our 172 on 95 .... always have ... far better things to piss money away on

SQ5

98 Ron recommended.

I've ran 98/99 back to back with 95 or even BP 97 and there are differences with how it drives. Mainly from lack of flames or popping and banging on a lower Ron.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I filled her up with a tank of this yesterday and my car is noticeably faster, must have added a good 30bhp, impressive stuff.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not on a 172 cup as I said we have

Main difference on a 172 cup if you run it on 95 and drive hard a lot is the inreased chance of the pistons braking up on the ring lands, they are marginal anyway and the odd bit of det here and there from being run on the wrong fuel for what the standard car is mapped for just makes it even more likely they will fail.

why drive it hard its a road car ....... if i want to go faster i pick up the keys to the hoofing great v8 or the 911 :rolleyes:

its even doing 37mpg ;)

if it was mapped for super then i would use it ...... our audi runs a revo map but still setup for 95 and there is no gain running a 98 map

if i was running it on track then thts another story , but my 230bhp zetec only ever ran on 95 again no need to go 98 ...... not till compression gets fairly high or your running boost

I think my 182 had "98 recommended" (or there or thereabouts) written on a sticker inside the filler flap. What that actually means is of course open to interpretation.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
not what my handbook says ..... says 95 or 98 ?

Interesting it says that as the original map is definately a little too much ignition timing for 95 at about 5Krpm, you get knock sensor pings when driving at full throttle.

Not an issue anywhere else from what I have seen, just that little bit.