ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I buy these headlamps or not

Audi S3 225

I have found a nice pair of the Clio 16v 99-01 headlamps, but they are without the bulbs or the height adjustment motors!

My car is a clio grande and i have the standard headlamps, will the motors and bulbs from these ones fit the new 16v headlamps??

Also how much roughly are a pair of second hand ones worth, because the price is at £65.

Any feedback asap will be appreciated, thx

Audi S3 225

Incase no one knows what im talking about, the lamps are the ones that came standard on the mk1 172 and the speacial edition MTV models.

I can get these but without the motor and bulbs, should i get these or not??

feedback plz

Well you will need new bulbs, lets say Blue Visions if your into that kind of thing, about £12 each therfore £48 for 4.. quite alot. The only thing that you can use again are the sidelights.

If you buy you bulbs from powerbulbs at the moment they are giving away some OSRAM H3s when you buy any other type of bulb, but Im not sure if the twin headlamps take H3s or H1s for the high beam. I think they have H1s or H7s for the dipped, you will have to confirm this.

You will also need to bit of rewiring, but its not hard.

Hope this is a help

i bought the lights from andyspares for £100 brand new and paid £60 for a auto electric guy to wire them in. The ones from andyspares r brand new and come with sidelights and indicator bulbs but no motors for them as the one u have can work with them. Dipped beam r HB3 and Full Beam r H7. Under the bonnet is now a wee bit of a wiry mess but woth it cos they look way better.

Clio II and Grand Modus

You can get some adaptor cabels from Hella they have H4 socket in one end and H7 and HB3 in the other just insert it between the original cable and the double optik headlamp. You can find them on the Hella website! Then you have to insert a fuse in the dash fuse box it´s marked with a high beam symbol and you can see the sockets, when done the low beam will stay on when high beam is on and not go out like the H4 bulb did!

Good luck!!

any idea of the product number for the hella cables you mensioned?

have been on the hella web site and couldnt find them

help!

Clio II and Grand Modus

yeayr sorry! go to Direct Article search on the Hella site and type the number: 8ka 152 601-001 you need two cabels and they are the same for both left and right! your standards motorunits will fit the double optik headlamp!

ordered the looms from hella!

they come from germany and take four weeks to arrive but hey only £10.20 each so very cheap and worth it, will save the auto electritian hours and me pounds

thanks mate