ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your graph!

Cup In bits
Thought that might have been the case, mine got beans from resetting the ecu and was on track shortly afterwards.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thought that might have been the case, mine got beans from resetting the ecu and was on track shortly afterwards.
Well at least you know you've done well in the piston lottery! If it had an imperfection on the ring lands you would know it by now. Lol.

IMG-20120201-00571.jpg

just milltek cat back and Piper X panel filter

and another of mine, the lower powered run was with a bust thermostat as you can see it was hitting the lower limiter and the upper is with the Piper cams fitted

600888_10152836449370150_1839670976_n.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I know of one car that run one for a long period without mapping and needed very little changes at rs tuning when it was mapped.

I'll bow to both your's experience with them, I just wasn't massively impressed with it plus no one has got over circa 150lbft with them. Seem's like an end of line mod to me with no where else to go where as 2nd hand itb's will have infinitely more tunability for the same spend......and be easily returned to standard by the biggest spanner phoebe which is the biggest decision maker on CS for the RS2.

Missed this comment earlier.
I agree it's an end of line mod. It does what it does quite well but then that's it. You can't get another 20bhp on top with hot cams like you can bodies because of the standard ecu and if you replace that you lose all the benefits of the rs2. It's a nice little finishing touch to a moderately specced car. Not the start of building a hero spec car.

HBT 172 Cup
More to come, different turbo and setup to come over christmas should nudge me to 300. Not entirely sure what causes the drop in power near the limiter, meh.

SRR_zps9866fafd.jpg

20130817_164952.jpg

172 Cup with 58,000 miles on , KTR induction kit, decat, custom AAS 2.25" exhaust system. Its a flier on the road - was pleased to back it up with a good result on the rollers.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
A different flavour, my 200 back in feb.

8563257754_3975011aed_c.jpg

iTG panel Filter
Centre silencer removed
circa 22K

A

ashy_gtt

Impressive stuff although the graph is really small on my screen for some reason.

Whats the spec?

also I guess we should all be saying what we use our cars for, like trackdays or drag racing or just road cars etc so on that theme what do you use yours for?

172 turbo, fully forged, GT3071, VW box, Reno 5. Used on the road.

project thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?279526-Renault-5-gtt-172-172-turbo-Project/page8

Unfortunately when BT pulled all the free webspace earlier this year all the pics were lost from the thread.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I normally only pay attention to the at the wheel figures on graphs.

Spec : super chip , power flow exhaust, matched inlet, viper intake

cliograph2.jpg

Spec : engine dynamics cams , jenvey 48mm bodies, power flow exhaust , 60 mm trumpets , standard injectors.

neilsmap.jpg

Winter plans are 120 mm trumpets , bigger injectors, raised comp, ported head and a 182 manifold hoping for a real 215 bhp and 170ftlb

One I wished the Clio had lol, my old focus rs

39e7daff-e11e-48ba-a206-4ab50de0ac2b.jpg

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I normally only pay attention to the at the wheel figures on graphs.

Trouble with that is that different roller types will measure differently for what classes as where the wheel is daft as it sounds.

On the run that Martin posted of his standard 172 for example, it only made 130 at the wheels on the maha, but the same engine on a dyno dynamics would no doubt do nearer to 150, the reasons is that the roller resistance itself is considered as part of the transmission figure so what they call at wheels is really after the bearings in the roller etc.

Also it doesnt take into account the temperature in the @wheels figure as its as measured.

TBH the harsh reality is that ANY comparison between different types of dyno is flawed and largely pointless, but @wheels figures even more so!

Winter plans are 120 mm trumpets , bigger injectors, raised comp, ported head and a 182 manifold hoping for a real 215 bhp and 170ftlb

I assume despite what you said about @wheels you mean@fly for those figures?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Very true Chip i know what you mean , I do try to use the same rollers before and after mods to rule that out as much as possible.

Yip I meant at the fly somewhere around 180/185 at the wheels I would hope ??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very true Chip i know what you mean , I do try to use the same rollers before and after mods to rule that out as much as possible.

Yip I meant at the fly somewhere around 180/185 at the wheels I would hope ??

On the dyno dynamics im used to using it would be 183@wheels to make 215@fly.

As it just uses a straight 15% loss, it doesnt attempt to measure it as there are so many flaws in doing so.

Main thing like you say is always use the same dyno if you want to know if the mods have really helped, the actual number is irrelevant its the % increase that matters IMHO, as the numbers are ALL meaningless, I dont claim the DD ones Im used to are more accurate than others as I dont know what the real power is, they are just what Im used to working with.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Will upload my graph at some point. Clio 182, 179bhp and 175ft lbs peak torque. Made 183.9bhp on next run too. Mods were silenced decat back custom Meercat exhaust, ktec induction kit, home made matched inlets, mapped by Paul @ RS Tuning.

K-tec induction kit, k-tec ultra exhaust system and sports cat and the fastchip ron98 map.

We was told to add 15% to the ATW figure (158) so according to my pants maths its about 181.7bhp ATF, Limiter looks to have come in early imo?

untitled_zps12d2a767.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will upload my graph at some point. Clio 182, 179bhp and 175ft lbs peak torque. Made 183.9bhp on next run too. Mods were silenced decat back custom Meercat exhaust, ktec induction kit, home made matched inlets, mapped by Paul @ RS Tuning.

175lbft?

That doesnt seem realistic for that spec, do you have the graph as it sounds like the roller speed sync was wrong.

Good power though, and RS Tuning's rollers arent exactly famous for over reading, so it must go very well.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
175lbft?

That doesnt seem realistic for that spec, do you have the graph as it sounds like the roller speed sync was wrong.

Good power though, and RS Tuning's rollers arent exactly famous for over reading, so it must go very well.

Yeah will get the graph scanned in after work. "Did" go very well, it dropped various valves a month ago lol. Hence stripping it in the for sale section :(.

Was a freak of an engine. Paul did say he was very impressed by its peak torque.

A

ashy_gtt

Yeah will get the graph scanned in after work. "Did" go very well, it dropped various valves a month ago lol. Hence stripping it in the for sale section :(.

Was a freak of an engine. Paul did say he was very impressed by its peak torque.

engines are like lightbulbs...

they always burn at their brightest just before they go pop!