ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

dude where are you getting your money from for mods haha my car is slackin compared to this and im 17!
A bit of work, but recently quite a lot of work! then selling a few things on ebay here and there, had used bit of money from birthday money, parents sometimes buy little things for the car, but I've just had to pay them back for my alloys and seats and rear bumper haha! but lacking clothes cuz of this car aha, treating myself next month though.. New job yeee!!

Last edited:
Fitted the steering wheel today! Had to use my original airbag cover as my airbag was attched to that and you can't get it off, so excuse the slight colour difference. Car defo needs a clean inside!! Was also doing an oil change today but found out the filter didn't have a spindle so need to get one in order to complete the process!
001hwb.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-17
002ht.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-17

Good eve! Bit of bad news on my steering wheel.. When I turn, the horn flickers. And you can hear the wiring (white thin wiring) inside moving about which makes like a sorta clicking/shuffle noise. So that's next on the to do list. More problems! why oh why haha!!

Well this morning did abit of running around, went to a breakers yard, and got myself a new airbag squip along with the unit behind it, so now, I have no problems steering or any risk of an airbag K.O-ing me! And, for some amazing reason, after changing the squip, my airbag light has gone off thank goodness!! Irrating thing, best not come back.
SPACERS! Getting some hubsentric spacers soon, going to do 25mm on the rears, and 20mm down on the fronts. Neat! Eibach's are getting fitted soon as you know, getting new tyres also soon, and then finally, colour coding. Aiming to do most of that by just the start/mid into september! keep your eyes peeled.
New one on, the one i'm holding is fu***ed
011izd.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-24
What happened to the lot when I first tried my sport steering wheel.
012ol.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-24

Last edited:
  1.2 16v clio
bloody hell you dont hold back and it appears you never done the mistake like most people by getting stuck in halfords car accessory's section and i personally think you should donate that rear bumper to me as its the colour of my car :(

bloody hell you dont hold back and it appears you never done the mistake like most people by getting stuck in halfords car accessory's section and i personally think you should donate that rear bumper to me as its the colour of my car :(

Haha nope!;) Get things done, love doin this! And noo haha i was going for that though untill i joined this forum and it's completely changed my view on modification! I'd be happy to that mate!! Aslong as you can find me a pearl black one under £80!!:p saving me money on colour coding then!

1.2 16v clio
:p i found 2 but one doesn't want to post and the other is 95 with 15 postage :S i wish i never looked for bumpers now as i found 2 front bumpers in my colour that ive been looking for ages yet surprise surprise when i spend out on something big nice bargains come out of hiding lol

:p i found 2 but one doesn't want to post and the other is 95 with 15 postage :S i wish i never looked for bumpers now as i found 2 front bumpers in my colour that ive been looking for ages yet surprise surprise when i spend out on something big nice bargains come out of hiding lol

Well if you don't find anything i'll consider selling to you for £80 posted, and then i could find myself a pearl black one, ( knew i should of waited to get a pb one haha, just became inpatient and just any colour bumper.) so then i've saved myself a good amount of money from coloue coding!:) i'm an idiot haha!!

well, small little update! I suffered from boredom yesterday and today. So what came to my mind was to spray my engine cover. Yesterday: Tried and failed so bad because i rushed it and cans were cold ect ect., and then lost it completely and chucked it in the bin haha. Then today, I went to the bin and got the bloody thing out and went for it again. And I must say, not a bad outcome! Not great, but it's only temporary to see what it looks like on the engine and go from there really. so here is what i did this morn:

002iyia.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-29
003mii.jpg

and then once it was done ( as i like my surf/skate brands) I stuck these two stickers on it, remember it's only temporary haha! I've also ordered a light blue CS URL sticker to go on it.. and I also gave my engine bay a super quick clean, nothing much, not the best either but abit better!

004alz.jpg

MORE SOOOOOOON!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks like a k&n. I always wanted to change filter on my 1.2 but never got round to getting one.

Engine cover looks good.
Have you changed your springs yet? Mine come tomorrow. You influenced me ;)

Looks like a k&n. I always wanted to change filter on my 1.2 but never got round to getting one.

Engine cover looks good.
Have you changed your springs yet? Mine come tomorrow. You influenced me ;)
Thanks mate! and nope! This week though, trying to get hold of my mate he said he'd do it this week! soon hopefully they'll be on. lemme know what they're like when you've fitted them ;)

cheers mate thinking of getting to boost my sound up with my exhaust.. heard induction kits burn more petrol though?:\

I have no clue if they burn more petrol, but if they do i can imagine it would be sosososooo little maybe! In a couple of months i'm probably getting a KTEC Stealth!

well today was the big day, benga got dropped.. in a good way! Perfect drop imo, when i sit in it's very little lower too, but makes a big difference!!
I'll stop chattin, enjoy the pics! more very very soon ;)

BEFORE:
001knp.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-30

AFTERRR (EXCUSE THE STEELIES):
002zbxu.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-30

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looking good mate. Will look great once it's sat on the 172 alloys and bumper resprayed. My springs arrived today. Looking at fitting them Sunday weather permitting. If they drop how yours have I will be well chuffed. ;)

Looking good mate. Will look great once it's sat on the 172 alloys and bumper resprayed. My springs arrived today. Looking at fitting them Sunday weather permitting. If they drop how yours have I will be well chuffed. ;)

Cheers! And oh yeah definately! Nearly finished tbh! Once it's done i'm getting some serious photo's! Especially when i'm officially on the road! Ah sweet! I'm sure you'll be chuffed my friend! I just wann stare at my drop aaaaall day haha!