ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

clio 1.2 16v
Cheer lad your a star! Crist! You started doing stuff young if your not even 17 yet haha! Buying induction kits at 14, I like it

Recent little bits! Got myself a few tins of that "car scent"! Pictures tomorrow for the sake of it! and got a Type R Aerial! Get my alloys back this week aswell! :) And then Eibach sportlines next week! Stay locked in and watch out for it all!!

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Brilliant ideas and love the black/ colour scheme mate. Wouldn't mind seeing your wheels when they're finished as well. You were thinking of xenons weren't you? I got them last week, and they finish te front of the car off nicely. Shame about mot time, when they have to e swapped back to standard, but it only takes 30mins to change them over. I'll keep an eye on this pal.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Section 1.7 of the MOT tester's manual:

Vehicles fitted with HID/LED headlights may be fitted with self-levelling and headlight washer systems. Where such systems are fitted, they must be operational.

Reasons for rejection: Headlight washers/self-levelling inoperative.

Headlight washers and levelling are a legal requirement, but they aren't required for the MOT.

http://mottesters.co.uk/files/special notices/MOT Inspection Manual.pdf

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
So what you saying is, legally I should have them, but won't fail an mot? What would happen if I was to get pulled over by the police?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Technically, the car must have both fitted, because retrofitted systems must meet the standard set out in the type approval for new cars. However, MOT testers can't fail every car that doesn't have them fitted because some older cars (such as the Toyota Supra) didn't have them from the factory.

So theoretically a copper could write you a ticket because your car isn't entirely road legal, but in 999 cases of 1000 he won't because the roadworthiness of the vehicle isn't affected and xenons fitted properly won't cause anyone any harm.

As we're talking about Ph.2's here, you can fit the proper D2S Xenon bulbs and OEM ballasts and igniters, so just say they came fitted from the factory like that and they'll probably believe you. Us Ph.1 owners have to try to explain away HID kits lol.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Technically, the car must have both fitted, because retrofitted systems must meet the standard set out in the type approval for new cars. However, MOT testers can't fail every car that doesn't have them fitted because some older cars (such as the Toyota Supra) didn't have them from the factory.

So theoretically a copper could write you a ticket because your car isn't entirely road legal, but in 999 cases of 1000 he won't because the roadworthiness of the vehicle isn't affected and xenons fitted properly won't cause anyone any harm.

As we're talking about Ph.2's here, you can fit the proper D2S Xenon bulbs and OEM ballasts and igniters, so just say they came fitted from the factory like that and they'll probably believe you. Us Ph.1 owners have to try to explain away HID kits lol.

Im happy about that then. thanks for your expertise mate.

Got to have a play around with some hammerite today, so painted my rear drums! bloody needed it.. Calipers will be done later also! What colour though? suggest!

005mzx.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-10
006swj.jpg

First drum painted:
007hdt.jpg

And the last! :
008ii.jpg

Clio PH2 1.2 16v
Looks good mate such an improvement also just read your whole thread, interesting read and i like what you've done so far :)

Get a pressure washer on those arches, weight saving after all that dirt has gone ;)

Also might be worth supporting the car with something like a axel stand or bricks next time, just in case.

Doesn't matter how quick the job is those scissor jacks slip very easily.

Get a pressure washer on those arches, weight saving after all that dirt has gone ;)

Also might be worth supporting the car with something like a axel stand or bricks next time, just in case.

Doesn't matter how quick the job is those scissor jacks slip very easily.
Yep i was thinking the same thing! and yeah fair enough mate, cheers for the heads up!
and yeah, today they didn't look too safe tbh!

Went at it with the Hammerite again today, but on the Calipers. Only got one picture, but you get the idea of the other side... The same. Also bought some Spring Compressors in preparation for next weekend ;) (Sorry the pics a bit bright, but that's news paper wrapped around the top of the disk and around the outskirts of the caliper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ph2 Meg 225
I've painted the discs aswell as that makes a difference( the rusted bit you see) but I used heat resistant paint as the discs get hot

Good daaaay! Got my Alloys back lastnight, looking absolutely gorgeous. All kerbing eliminated! So for the minute just getting secondhand tyres to wack on until I'm on the road offically, then some brand new ones will be going on:) Here is some pictures!

012zem.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-08-14
010vrj.jpg

009uze.jpg

011fe.jpg

So yeah, they'll be on the Clio hopefully next week! Ordering my sportlines tomorrow and getting a 172 steering wheel next week! so from now until say... next tuesday/wednesday keep a good look out!:D

was about to say, did you want to go into a bush ? haha, just had a good read mate, cars looking nice. :eek:
reminds me of my own! :)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Love the wheels pal. You're goin to go through a ton of tyre shine to keep them looking good haha

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's really coming along this is. Wheels look great. Best choice for calipers and drums too.

Wheels look mint! Are they anthracite or gloss black? I went for yellow callipers with black wheels but used hammerite on the drums. Tidies it up from the rusty look lol :)
indeed, thank you! and gloss black! ahh yeye i think i remember from your thread! and yeah so much better!