ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

TT QS
Re: Project Benga 16v 1.2 MK2

I would sack the pressed plates off. Gets some new plain plates. Give it a fresh look. All the other plans I would do though. Get a 172 wheel as they don't have cruise control buttons iirc.

get the 3/4 plate everyone has off here. well fancy plates. tidies up the front end. clean plates ftw!

Been a while!! 172 Rear bumper soon, got for a very good pric,e horrah! next week probs! Some clear side repeaters too. And then a temporarily sad moment for Benga... As he, is going on STEELIES! it's not permanent, it's just that the 172 alloys are getting a full refurb and new tyres all round, nice!
Anyway, keep checkin for that sometime next week!

Ph2 Meg 225

What colour you doing the wheels? And it sucks when there's nothing to do on them can't wait till im 17!!! I'm waiting for a 172 bumper as well haha

Clio 1.2 mk2

Looking good mate, sweet first car. The tyre shine works a treat. It annoys me when it's a black car and black wheels with nasty grey tyres haha. Keep it up

What colour you doing the wheels? And it sucks when there's nothing to do on them can't wait till im 17!!! I'm waiting for a 172 bumper as well haha

Still keepin them black mate! Just a good refurb! I did think about going back to original colour or Anthracite, but black was the safest option! Haha same dude, such a long wait! I've got 3 months till I can start properly learning, so not far! Ball ache to find the right one! Just got bad news from the one i was getting!!

Looking good mate, sweet first car. The tyre shine works a treat. It annoys me when it's a black car and black wheels with nasty grey tyres haha. Keep it up

Thanks dude! does indeed, and require more tbh! same here, I look in disgrace! New tyres all round soon, sweeeeeeeeet!

Arctic 182FF

Car's looking great, colour code and lowered and you're done! Out of interest, how much has all this cost? How does a 16 year old have all this money? I had like £10 a week when I was 16 lol

Ph2 Meg 225

My bumper should be here in the next couple of days and I've only got 3 week to wait and then I'm taking a 1 week course. Shame we miss the CSS. And why, what's the bad news??

Car's looking great, colour code and lowered and you're done! Out of interest, how much has all this cost? How does a 16 year old have all this money? I had like £10 a week when I was 16 lol
Thanks buddy!! Yes definately! And well, eBaying all my old stuff that i never use, buy things cheap and sell for more! Pretty much along those lines! And working for my dads business now and then!:) some was birthday money, but i use that for other things!

My bumper should be here in the next couple of days and I've only got 3 week to wait and then I'm taking a 1 week course. Shame we miss the CSS. And why, what's the bad news??
Nice one! And sweet man! Would love to do a week course! I know:( but going next year defo. The bumper turned out to be silver? I was talking to the guy about a black one the whole time! So weirded out! Gotta go searching again -.-

Ph2 Meg 225

Nice one! And sweet man! Would love to do a week course! I know:( but going next year defo. The bumper turned out to be silver? I was talking to the guy about a black one the whole time! So weirded out! Gotta go searching again -.-

Theres one or two on eBay in pearl black but could do with a re spray, but then again you may aswell just get a cheap silver one etc and Have it sprayed. I got mine with arch liners for £80 posted off chris205. I think he has a cheap blue one. And it's a shame not being able to go to CSS as apparently they have dent repairers there At a cheap ish price :(

Ph2 Meg 225

I wanted to go in mine and they usually have dent repairers which I need badly but I can't get a ride anyway :/

Theres one or two on eBay in pearl black but could do with a re spray, but then again you may aswell just get a cheap silver one etc and Have it sprayed. I got mine with arch liners for £80 posted off chris205. I think he has a cheap blue one. And it's a shame not being able to go to CSS as apparently they have dent repairers there At a cheap ish price :(
Just cancled the one on ebay! it was 85 pound but knocked him down, but it came without trim so I'ma get one off chris if he has any and i can get it sprayed :) and yeaah i know:/ going next year though! will have to meet up.

Ph2 Meg 225

Like I said he had a blue one other day but I'll keep looking for you. :) and yeah a meet up will be good, maybe even a non sport meet

Ph2 Meg 225

According to his for sale post no one has bought it and its 60 for the blue one, send him a message see what he'll do it for

According to his for sale post no one has bought it and its 60 for the blue one, send him a message see what he'll do it for
Bought the monaco one off chris about 3 hours ago mate!:p haha! And yeah defo man could get that organised early next year or something!

Ph2 Meg 225

Good good, best thing to do for the bodyshop to keep the cost of spraying it down is to sand it and prime it. And yeah wait till we have both passed and then organise one :D. If you look at mine and yours progress threads together, they are both going the same way haha. And I'm carbon wrapping my bumper strip

Good good, best thing to do for the bodyshop to keep the cost of spraying it down is to sand it and prime it. And yeah wait till we have both passed and then organise one :D. If you look at mine and yours progress threads together, they are both going the same way haha. And I'm carbon wrapping my bumper strip
I wont need to! :p one of dads good mates owns a body shop and is colour coding my rear bumper, front bumper, side strips and spoiler for £100-£150 :) was meant to be arranged a few months ago, but going to do it next month now for defo. :) yeah of course! i know i know i was thinking that haha! oooh get pics up sooooon!!

Ph2 Meg 225

I want my front bumper colour coding but I can't find any already done :( , already have colour coded strips off Chris205 and then the bumper when it comes. Hoping it is here tomorrow and will do it and get pics up straight away

I want my front bumper colour coding but I can't find any already done :( , already have colour coded strips off Chris205 and then the bumper when it comes. Hoping it is here tomorrow and will do it and get pics up straight away
No point searching mate just get those inserts sprayed because it'll be a challenge to find an already colour coded non sport bumper!:p and sweeet! Just waiting for him to reply, i've payed and told him ect ect but since then, no replies from him!

Back again with more news! To start off: I've ordered myself some Bosch Areo Wipers! as my current wipers are not even for a clio! and new number plate light and lamp to go with the 172 bumper tomorrow!
And just about an hour ago, I removed my original bumper and archliners in preparation for Benga's new @ss. ;) You wouldn't believe how much mud was in the archliners. phwoarr

006utv.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-07-12

Bumper came today! Got into my old clothes and got straight to the fitting.

EXCUSE THE LIVING SPACE OF BENGA, ABSOLUTE MESS.

No @ss:
001dea.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-07-13

Big Ol' thaaang! :
002jg.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-07-13

This is obviously getting colour coded! sooon! excuse the "Fragile" tape btw! didn't come off to well haha! Took off JDM sticker, replaced with a Nixon one!

Rocking steelies tomorrow as the 172 alloys go in for a whole refurb and whole new set of tyres, should hopefully have them back next week. Eibach Sportlines next month too, so alot coming up and a nice change for Bengaaaa. exciting times!!

clio 1.2 16v
Cars looking nice bud, question about that K&N induction kit, did it come with the right bracket to fit it onto the intake thing? mines the same phase engine as yours and its not just a simple slip on!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
The car is looking nice dude, I got my clio under a month ago. In that time ive fitted some 40mm lowering springs, few interior panels in carbon wrap, RS grille, sub in the boot and some heko wind deflectors. The wind deflectors do look pretty good on full black cars so id recommend buying some for yours. Ill keep an eye on this thread as the car seems to be coming along very nicely ;) Im wanting to buy some 172 alloys sometime soon for mine as my car has some crappy alloys on it at the moment and makes the car imo look crap!

Cars looking nice bud, question about that K&N induction kit, did it come with the right bracket to fit it onto the intake thing? mines the same phase engine as yours and its not just a simple slip on!

Cheers dude! and yep it did ineed. and what do you mean?

The car is looking nice dude, I got my clio under a month ago. In that time ive fitted some 40mm lowering springs, few interior panels in carbon wrap, RS grille, sub in the boot and some heko wind deflectors. The wind deflectors do look pretty good on full black cars so id recommend buying some for yours. Ill keep an eye on this thread as the car seems to be coming along very nicely ;) Im wanting to buy some 172 alloys sometime soon for mine as my car has some crappy alloys on it at the moment and makes the car imo look crap!
Thanks buddy! and maybe, might have a little think on that.. Not to keen on them tbh from what I've seen on some cars. Yeah, do it, lot's coming up this month!;) and oooh get some bro!

clio 1.2 16v
on the cars i've done stuff too, the intake just has a hose then a box with a filter on the end, and to put an induction kit on you just stick it on the end of the hose, but theres like no where to screw the filter to on these haha! so just asking if it came with the little black plate with the two bolts on the top.

on the cars i've done stuff too, the intake just has a hose then a box with a filter on the end, and to put an induction kit on you just stick it on the end of the hose, but theres like no where to screw the filter to on these haha! so just asking if it came with the little black plate with the two bolts on the top.
Oh right i see! and yes it came with th back plate thingy!:)