ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

Hey! Okay so, I'm 16 my Clio has officially been handed over to me (waited 2, very, very long years) And yes, I did name the Clio after the Dubstep artist, Benga.
Anyway, throughout the 2 year wait, I've purchased and sold a few things for this car... I'm a bit of an Idiot to be honest! It's all learning though ;)

Bought then sold/selling:

a CUP rear bumper.. Sold it weeks later.
Wolfrace Eurosprint alloys.. going to sell them! (We all know why.. chavy!)
an exhaust (3").. Big mistake, it was huge(GAPING), too big for the Clio and would of ruined it. So selling that.
FK Lowering springs (60mm)... sold them, going to get Apex springs, much better!

Stuff I've kept and installed:

K&N Induction 57i (Little beaut!)
New Rear Lights, they're black. (I need some help off you guys, I do and don't like them. might go back to original)
New Headlights (Last ones were in the sun too much and became all misty and had cracks.)
Sony Xplod 1300w sub, along with amp, Vibe 6x9s and Sony Xplod headunit. (First and last sound system i'm having, always wanted one)
Black side repeaters with chrome bulbs.

Things to come:

Rear windows tint (Do I?)
Dropping 40mm/60mm with apex, or may wait for coilys(Prob gunna do that)
White Badges (Currently being done)
RS Grill (On it's way!)
Colour Code (spoiler, front and rear bumper) (arranged)
In a few months (either 172 alloys, F1's or Team Dynamics 1.2s , or keep originals... :S)
Then Carbon Fibre wrap something!! (would like your suggestions for that one ;) )
Get a front splitter on the go... Fabia right?

So yeah, that's abit of history and abit of .. 'Planning'? For you guys!

Any ideas and suggestions, fire away! :)

cheers!!

IMG_1456.jpgIMG_1458.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
Re: Project Benga 16v 1.2 MK2

looking pret good so far mate would lose the stickers though, get a nice low that your comfitable driving round with, nice alloys, colour code the lot and youl prety much be there. am in the middle of doing mine same colour car too if you want to have a look on my thread (project scarab)

looking pret good so far mate would lose the stickers though, get a nice low that your comfitable driving round with, nice alloys, colour code the lot and youl prety much be there. am in the middle of doing mine same colour car too if you want to have a look on my thread (project scarab)

Yeah I was thinking the same (loosing stickers.) and yess defo:) yeah I had a good browse of that lastnight! Looks reall good mate, i think i've subscribed to it :)

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

thanks mate iv always found fitting alll the parts is the easy bit getting the right parts and then getting your car to shine like its brand new is the pain in the ass bit (detailing) but good luck with the project like i said you got a fairly good platform there to start on

thanks mate iv always found fitting alll the parts is the easy bit getting the right parts and then getting your car to shine like its brand new is the pain in the ass bit (detailing) but good luck with the project like i said you got a fairly good platform there to start on

haha yeah i know what you mean buddy! thanks matey, you too. :) cheers!

TT QS

nice car mate but those lights dont do it for me im affraid.

nice car though should be a good little project

Sport grill arrived!! simple fit! Oh, and i was given this sticker by a mate! makes sence to be honest!

IMG_1523 (598x800).jpg
IMG_1524.jpg
IMG_1525 (598x800).jpg

Badges done!!:) will get a pic of rear diamond tomorrow for ya!! original rear lights going back on next week..ish.
IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg

Got these in! Tell me what you think:) btw, Hopefully will have 15" 172 anthracite alloys on next month or after, with white diamonds.. NICE

img1564nk.jpg

img1566le.jpg

img1565xi.jpg

Oh yeah, found out today when i was doing these bulbs, that one of the like rods that tilt the lights broke... So i can only tilt one lamp.. boo-hoo.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

lol what side is it? if its the passenger side i might have one spare, cars coming on well since i last time i looked on here well in mate

lol what side is it? if its the passenger side i might have one spare, cars coming on well since i last time i looked on here well in mate

Drivers side matey, it's snapped off! I would get a pic, but that means taking the bumper off which in my car is a pain for some reason haha (Rusty bolts and tread is messed :( )
and cheers buddy, lovin' it!! I'm sooo looking forward to 15" 172's going on.

not too sure about the side lights or boot install/6x9's
fair enough mate, i think i might get white/xenon ones. and the 6x9s is a one off and one time only! getting **subtle** tints in a few months. so that will kinda hide them abit. :)

1.2 16v clio

fair enough mate, i think i might get white/xenon ones. and the 6x9s is a one off and one time only! getting **subtle** tints in a few months. so that will kinda hide them abit. :)

well its your first car you live and learn from it :)

white side lights would look alot better and you wont get tugged for having blue lights

well its your first car you live and learn from it :)

white side lights would look alot better and you wont get tugged for having blue lights
Yeah, saying that I quickly nipped into my garage, only found some white sidelights that my bro doesn't use! they'll be on tomorrow ;)

Got original rear lights coming tuesday too!

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Am I missing something or did you say your 16? Fair enough doing some tidying up work for when you can drive, but you do know it's going to add extra to your insurance right?

Am I missing something or did you say your 16? Fair enough doing some tidying up work for when you can drive, but you do know it's going to add extra to your insurance right?

Yes mate that's right haha!:) and I haved to say I'm very lucky that my dad is paying for insurance, he knows what i'm doing to it:)

THINGS COMING UP:

172 ALLOYS (15" VERSION) GETTING SPRAYED ANTHRACITE WITH WHITE DIAMONDS.

ALL INTERIOR LIGHTING = WHITE / ICE

ORIGINAL REAR LIGHTS.

COLOUR CODING.

SILVER '16V' BULLETS

SUBTLE TINT - Tell me what you think :)

CENTRAL LOCKING GETTING FIXED

DROP 40mm

FULL XENONS ON FRONT and CHROME INDICTOR BULBS (Rear only, rest are done :) ).

LOW PROFILE TYRES AT THE END OF SPRING!:)

Got these today from JordonM! Either going to be sprayed Black, Anthracite or Ford Graphite Grey! Tell me what you think!
img1604ux.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-02-28

Needed a new Gear Insert! So got this!
img1608x.jpg

I had to, that's all!
img1606e.jpg

Clio 172

Wow, you've done a lot of work considering you can't even drive it yet. Good that you have an interest though. Most other 16 year olds are probably sitting playing call of duty etc

Wow, you've done a lot of work considering you can't even drive it yet. Good that you have an interest though. Most other 16 year olds are probably sitting playing call of duty etc
Haha thanks buddy! Yeah i was playing cod before i got this! I'm even considering selling my xbox to get springs, but i don't think i will haha! Could do with the money though!

white interior lights! will just show ya this one, you'll get the idea for the rest!! Done bootlight, glove box, reader light and this very one below!

where did you get those bulbs i really like them :)

also do your wheels black... love black on black
Ebay mate! Too bad they're not road legal!:( and yeah i am buddy, got the paints and all!;) getting springs later this month. 40mm or 60? I'm so bad for making up my mind!

peugeot 205 Gti

looking good sleepy, personally im going 40mm don't want to overdoo it. and yeah liking the interior lights im going for blue led's just struggling to find them on ebay, where did you get yours from bud?

TT QS

Ebay mate! Too bad they're not road legal!:( and yeah i am buddy, got the paints and all!;) getting springs later this month. 40mm or 60? I'm so bad for making up my mind!

im going to be cheeky and ask for a link haha
i always get lost when looking for bulbs :(

id say 60 to be honest. i had it on mine before the coilovers. its a nice height imo

im going to be cheeky and ask for a link haha
i always get lost when looking for bulbs :(

id say 60 to be honest. i had it on mine before the coilovers. its a nice height imo
I'll have a think! Prob will do 60mm! Just cautious about a crashy ride! And i'll give you the item numbers of the lights on ebay! Gimmie 5 mins!

Got original rear lights now! thanks to gary.c! They're muuuuch better. don't know why i got rid of them in the first place!
img1631n.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-03-02

And had a go at carbonfibre wrapping! first time, think I did alright to be honest!:)
img1632e.jpg

New hazard switch going in, other one wont 'click' anymore so when i plug it in the hazard lights stay on, so ordered a new one! -.-
img1633ol.jpg