ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

Re: Project Benga 16v 1.2 MK2

Looks decent mate, just get some tyre gel on those tyres!

I did the seats in my first car (1.2 like yours) and I could never get the connector to work right so i ended up having to solder the wires together and get rid of the connector, never had a problem after that.

Thanks bud!! Yeah will do on the next clean haha! Getting new tyres all round in the summer though:) hmm, well i'll just do a double check on all the wires ect. and see what goes down:)

When swapping the seats over, you could have changed over the pre-tensioners therefore no need to solder and you use the connectors.

Bit late now like. Other than that, Nice.

As others say tyre shine will finish it off :)

When swapping the seats over, you could have changed over the pre-tensioners therefore no need to solder and you use the connectors.

Bit late now like. Other than that, Nice.

As others say tyre shine will finish it off :)
I suppose! But ah well, lesson learnt! thanks:) Yeah defo :)

Areeeet! Seen some people mentioning Type R ariel on my time here on CS, I look at my ariel today and thought what is it actually doing there!? So, I might purchase myself one. Do any of you know where i can get a Type R ariel? Cheap.... ish!

Well, been a little while hasn't it! Anyways, been a little clogged with school work and coursework, and this week it's all just been swept off my chest as I finish my last year at school in 2-3 weeks! 172 sport door cards came through the other day and have been gaggin to get them fitted, and so today (03/05/2012) I got straight to it.
Here are the results! By the way, that bluetac like stuff in the front door cards is a pain in the @ss!! And just a quick one, anyone know or who is selling 172 alloy centre caps? Don't think I'll be getting mine from the guy i got my alloys from as can no longer make contact! cheers!
so yeah!

img2096qr.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-05-03

img2093lk.jpg

img2095n.jpg

img2085yt.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, just reminded me to get some as i've ran out, thank you haha!:p Might do a photoshop of anthracite see what it looks like. :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looking good mate. Keep up the good work. The seats are great improvement.

What's next then??? Did you get a type R aerial?

Looking good mate. Keep up the good work. The seats are great improvement.

What's next then??? Did you get a type R aerial?
thanks dude! :) and I need to get hold of some centre caps, and finally decided i'm getting Eibach sportlines (45mm drop) and no i haven't got the ariel yet, kinda forgot about that to be honest! but saying that, i'ma have a snoop around for one now! Oh yeah, also the car is getting colour coded soon ish:) it was meant to be round now, but due to costs.. you know what it's like haha!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've got a brand new rear bumper trim if you want that? I had it for my old car to colour code but never got round to doing it.

You interested?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's wrapped up in garage or loft I think at minute. Will get a picture for you tomorrow. You know what it looks like though surely. The rear plastic trim that the number plate light sits in.

Oh yeah! course, blonde moment! I should be alright thanks matey!:) If you come across a sport steering wheel give us a shout though!;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye will do, mines melted to f**k so I'm on the lookout too.

Well, first of all hacksawed the ariel! Still works like a dream! Then, I had so little drops left of my tyre cleaner, nd so i used on one wheel to see what it is like as i've never cleaned a tyre that way before haha!

Ariel
img2124r.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-05-07

Shiny tyre ooo
img2125kj.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-05-07

Okay, as you may have noticed that I do change my mind alot on what to do with the car, what i'm doing to it ect ect.
I have came to my final decisions on what's going to happen to it.

Here you go:
Eibach Sportlines (45mm drop)
Ph2 172 Rear Bumper
New number plate lamp and bulb
A splitter (Suggest please!)
Centre Caps
More Carbon Fibre wrap for 1 dash strip
Eventually 172/182 Steering wheel
Colour code side trims, front bumper trims and spoiler
Respray alloys and centre caps then add new tyres.
Get the locking done (Have to lock by key & door atm :( )

And that's it so far ( I think ) ;)

Last edited:

very small update! Sprayed my toe eye lol, i was starting to dislike my tow eye for some reason, so lastnight i had nothing better to do so i did a rush spray haha! Still considering wethher to take it off or not, but here is what it looks like

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Coming up:
Centre caps, windscreen trim and a splitter (either a fabia one or a megane, help me choose! )

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Fabia splitter deffo. It's apparently dead easy to fit and cut down. Plus it's flexible. And around 12 quid.

Got a suprise today from a relative! It's something I wanted a while back, totally forgot about it for ages and grandad hands it to me today!
ZX1! Apprently this is great stuff, will be adding this this weekend when I change my oil and other things ect ect!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello! Been waiting for a while to get back to this! And so here I am! Anyways, got my centre caps. They were matt black, but sprayed them black again then laquered! boom. Then, I ordered myself a skoda fabia splitter, came today and fitted it today, took me 15 minutes! Love it. Here are some pictures, and some pictures of it chillin in the beaut weather today! Also, I'm thinking of putting the alloys back to their standard colour. What do you guys think? See, I like the original and black just as much as eachother :(
Excuse the mess in my garage! And the quality of the iPhone pictures and how many there are lol. Cheers!

Will be letting you know what's coming up next soon.

img2258zr.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-05-24
img2261h.jpg

img2282y.jpg

img2283z.jpg

img2284s.jpg

img2285is.jpg

img2286s.jpg

img2287l.jpg

img2288le.jpg

img2292sj.jpg

img2296ms.jpg

img2297oh.jpg

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks good mate. Keep them black. You will regret changing them to silver.
Colour coding next I think ;)

Looks good mate. Keep them black. You will regret changing them to silver.
Colour coding next I think ;)
cheers mate thanks for feedback!:) Probs will keep them black to save hassle lol! and yep that's not far away. :) just gotta gather abit of money, but getting a 172 rear bumper first! Hoping to get springs next month or after! will keep you all updated anyways!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's a good project. I really like it. Wish I had the funds when I had my 1.2 to put the seats in and lower it etc.

Future things for Benga:

Eibach Sportlines 45mm-50mm drop.
172 Rear Bumper with new light and lamp.
Colour Code (Spoiler, Front Bumper and Side strips.)
Silver side Repeaters (Black ones seem abit OTT!)
And finally, Pressed plates. I need your opinion on that! It's not for definate, just a thought!

Then if i get all that, I'd say it's pretty much complete!

Later on - 172/182 Steering wheel and Xenons.

Opinions please!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I would sack the pressed plates off. Gets some new plain plates. Give it a fresh look. All the other plans I would do though. Get a 172 wheel as they don't have cruise control buttons iirc.

Been a while, I'm clucking to work on the car, but all i can do is give it a wash lol! I had a thought the other day, spoiler wise. Just thinking wether to get a cup spoiler, or just colour code my original? What do you guys think? Remember, I am getting a 172 rear bumper! give it a sporty lookin @ss!

Last edited:

I would sack the pressed plates off. Gets some new plain plates. Give it a fresh look. All the other plans I would do though. Get a 172 wheel as they don't have cruise control buttons iirc.
Didn't see this post! Yeah I think plain would be the most sensible.. Pressed is probably for Euro style! And yeah, will get the 172 one eventually. :)