ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sleepy's Pearl Black Clio - Project Benga

Albi blue 197
Re: Project Benga 16v 1.2 MK2

Should try searching for rokkor coilovers think they go for dead cheap for the 1.2s be better getting them over the springs better in every way think there only about 180 quid too springs will cost 100....

Should try searching for rokkor coilovers think they go for dead cheap for the 1.2s be better getting them over the springs better in every way think there only about 180 quid too springs will cost 100....

Hi mate, been searching for those, they don't do them anymore i don't think! Cannot find any at all! There is some on ebay for £200. but it's not a big brand, plus i don't want it lowered too much and 40mm apex shouldn't be too crashy:) I'll prob invest in coilovers later on when I'm earning good money :)

Black gold 182

dont go the apex route... read some reviews and you'll re think it so many people hate apex springs get some eibach sportlines not even much more and they make it just low enough to get rid of the arch gaps make it look nice and supposedly improve handling mine are in the post :D

I'll have a route around and see whats good and think it through toniight:) cheers matey! Something will come along!

dont go the apex route... read some reviews and you'll re think it so many people hate apex springs get some eibach sportlines not even much more and they make it just low enough to get rid of the arch gaps make it look nice and supposedly improve handling mine are in the post :D
I'll have a route around and see whats good and think it through toniight:) cheers matey! Something will come along!

Black gold 182

should be doing my springs this weekend if they arrive this week :) i can chuck a couple of before and after piccy's up if you want?

Okay! So, did the centre cap diamonds in white, to go with the new wheels i got (which are offcially getting sprayed black) then done the bullets in silver! really needs a colour code now. getting done month or month after :)
img1664qw.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-03-07
img1663x.jpg

img1662b.jpg

Little suprise here! bought some rear & front 172/182 seats(they arrive monday) but i fitted the rear seats... with alot of trouble because of one bolt. Basically there is a bolt which is down the centre of the rear seats, and previously before I had the car, someone has worn the bolt down, there for me being unable to undo it! The bolt was hardend aswell. so with a helping hand (dad) we pulled out the drill... and drilled right through the bolt! then knocked on the top of it, leaving the thread(another problem.) So the Mole grips came out, to get the tread bit of the bolt out... no chance, wouldn't move at all. so we drilled through it again, then decided were going to put a regular bolt through and then tighten it up with a nut. Job done. so here they are!
img1679e.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-03-11
img1680lh.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-03-11

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ah dear. Sounds a nightmare. Hope it goes ok. Get some pictures up when you can.

Can't you wiggle the drill round in circles to bore out the thread?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Sorry didn't see pictures sorry. Glad you managed to sort it.

Good luck with the fronts.

Black 172 alloys on the way!! Front sport seats going in soon, and door cards if i find a cheap enough set!!

Okay, big change for the car!! Front seats are not in yet! hopefully next week they'll be in!! along with some door cards! I thank H4ml3t for the wheels, seats and door cards!
Car looks abit high because it was obviously jacked up, but after a sneaky test drive, it was lower. Defo need some coilys or lowering springs on the go! Colour coding soon also! Centre caps are also coming soon, the guy i bought them off forgot about them!:p

here!:
img1820n.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-03-28

Before:
img1821d.jpg

After:
img1824cu.jpg

img1825qg.jpg

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq

cars coming on well mate need some tyre slick on thou willo make the wheels look times better.

cars coming on well mate need some tyre slick on thou willo make the wheels look times better.

on my next clean i will bud!:) getting all new tryes all round near the end of the summer though mate, when i nearly start drivin! car will be complete then too!!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Must've missed this thread.

Nice car, glad you got rid of the blue sidelights. Only thing I don't like is the snap-off sticker, but I know they're popular so won't make too much of a fuss.

Good luck with the driving test, and see you around some time (good to see another member from Plymouth!)

Must've missed this thread.

Nice car, glad you got rid of the blue sidelights. Only thing I don't like is the snap-off sticker, but I know they're popular so won't make too much of a fuss.

Good luck with the driving test, and see you around some time (good to see another member from Plymouth!)
Thanks man!:) Yeah i took that sticker off the day before you mentioned it actually haha! replaced it with the CS URL sticker:) thanks again! and yeah definately!!

Well, yesterday with my dad, we got to work on the seats! 4 and abit hour job, tea breaks included! So got the old seats out, stripped the wires and new seat wires, then got down to soldering and wrapping individual wires with electric tape. We took time with soldering because that's the best way to do it imo! So seats were in, bolted ect ect. obviously i turned the airbags off before we took the seats out and didn't turn the car on during the job. But when it came to the time to turn it all back on.. turning the key i had the look on my face as if i s**t myself! But then, car was running, and no air bags K.Oed me, so it was a sucessful day for me and paps!
Here they are, in:
Not the best pic, you'll get another soon because door cards are coming next week, along with centre caps so the car will look more complete.
img1876f.jpg

By sleepy16 at 2012-04-07

img1877qv.jpg

JDM Sticker Bomb you knowz it!
img1875iq.jpg

SERV and Airbag light are on atm :( Gunna get the car put through the computer at a close friends garage, can turn them off that way!

53 Clio's & counting

Will be the wiring under the seat mate, just double check what you have done, important thing is to make sure the wires are not tight, moving the seat forward and back on it's runners will tug on the wires causing them to wear/split

Will be the wiring under the seat mate, just double check what you have done, important thing is to make sure the wires are not tight, moving the seat forward and back on it's runners will tug on the wires causing them to wear/split

Yeah people were saying that, just to give the wires a wriggle then they should go. So may give that a try today! And the wirings got enough slack for the seats to move about, so no tugging is occuring:) and i will be checking on them for wearing and what not, cheers for your input!

Bux

Golf GTD

Looks decent mate, just get some tyre gel on those tyres!

Yeah people were saying that, just to give the wires a wriggle then they should go. So may give that a try today! And the wirings got enough slack for the seats to move about, so no tugging is occuring:) and i will be checking on them for wearing and what not, cheers for your input!

I did the seats in my first car (1.2 like yours) and I could never get the connector to work right so i ended up having to solder the wires together and get rid of the connector, never had a problem after that.