ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet turkish rs2 ish one...results so far

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
those rollers are about 10% out but as you said it's good for a back to back testing
RS Tunings rollers are the most honest around here

dan's cast offs.
bump this thread, any more results with these inlets? And same question as gambit. How well do these things work with 421 cams

The new ones seem a bit problematic, I know of five people with air leaks/high idle on them, not had one yet to find out the issue but did one the other month with 438 retimed to 421, mapped fine but think it's first track day started with the high idle. Must of been fitted fine but I've not had the inlet back to check it out to see what the problem is.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@bloke i know the car and person you refer to above. That same car put a rod through the block on the next outing. I am not sure where the idle issue etc came from if it was fine when the inlet etc was fitted and mapped

dan's cast offs.
Think it's on the inlet itself? It's getting dropped off to me next week when gav's car gets picked up so will be having a look at it.

Sounds like all the Turkish guy is saying is they haven't been fitted properly and that seems odd as it was fine driving to mapping, fine for almost 3 hours mapping and again fine when I came back with it. It was then in and out of my unit probably a dozen times and was still fine.

172 Phase 2
oh jeez thats no good, this bloke seems like a right hoot to deal with... managed to get a rs2 so i heard they are of much better quality. It seems to be 50/50 good and bad with these turkish inlets

dan's cast offs.
He pissed me around when I spoke to him few years ago about being distributor for them. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
It will be interesting to see what you find @bloke, I cant see how the inlet was the issue if it was all working fine beforehand. The new inlet defo needs new vacuum fittings etc, the ones supplied are dreadful!

I have the first version fitted to my own track car and it has zero issues and provides good results, a mate has just has his remapped with cams an again good results

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
It will be interesting to see what you find @bloke, I cant see how the inlet was the issue if it was all working fine beforehand. The new inlet defo needs new vacuum fittings etc, the ones supplied are dreadful!

I have the first version fitted to my own track car and it has zero issues and provides good results, a mate has just has his remapped with cams an again good results

Whats wrong with the vac fittings supplied bud? Got one waiting to fit to mine.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@Raceface_13 The fittings themselves aren't great but capable of doing the job. Its the way which they are fitted to the plenum back plate, there is next to no threads securing them with the plate being so thin. Also if i were you i would be splitting the manifold down and resealing it all

If i was fitting the new style manifold, the backplate would be having the appropriate size barbed fittings welded on an i would bin all the fittings supplied.

Lol i got blocked off CSOC FB page for stating these new iblets were rubbish and as it looks i was correct

Complete pile of sh*t

It’s a shame that no one in this country has attempted to make a decent inlet for the 172/182. Then people could bypass buying the Turkish one altogether.

I’m yet to be convinced whether they make much difference though, as the car needs to be mapped too. I.e most of the Bhp advantage seen so far is probably just due to the remap!

Clio 172
those rollers are about 10% out but as you said it's good for a back to back testing
RS Tunings rollers are the most honest around here
So thought I would share my results from being mapped at rs tuning with Tessa inlet. Made 188 and drives so much better now.

Attachments

• 3AEE289B-39C2-48C4-9EFF-A3F1FE29B3AB.jpeg
    3AEE289B-39C2-48C4-9EFF-A3F1FE29B3AB.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 262
  Clio 172 Cup/F80 M3
Just thought I would upload my findings from today. 172 Cup with decat and exhaust system and the JMS RS2 Inlet.

Interesting to see other results but I managed 195hp & 151 ftlbs

d98c740b9883816d6bd24c63e267ee89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk