ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet turkish rs2 ish one...results so far

dan's cast offs.
fitted one of the turkish inlets...as discussed in a colourful thread here http://www.cliosport.net/threads/sm-inlet-rs2-style-for-182.781063/

phase 1 172, epas, matched standard inlets and pms exhaust, car made 179bhp and about 162lbft torque (cant find old print so don't know exact figure)

sm inlet fitted and made 184.5bhp, torque dropped to 150lbftbut was pretty much flat and higher above 6,250 than with other inlet. car hit limiter at 184 so with lifting the limiter, a decent map and possibly looking at cam timing as think inlet might be advanced, if so will be set back to standard.

don't have print out for af but was lean at top end so no problem with it flowing enough air. fingers crossed should touch 190bhp and get torque pretty much back to where it was when it's mapped.

dan's cast offs.
lost a bit of grunt but fingers crossed that will be back with a map and nice chunk more power top end.

dan's cast offs.
pontypridd, merthyr, talgarth, builth wells, crossgates (the newtown to crossgates run is EPIC!!) newtown, welshpool, oswestry then wrexham, cheater etc...

trust me that's a fantastic route up, did it when i picked my 182 up.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Ok the results are in!
The car made 179 straight off the bat and after mapping 186.3 with 154.7 at the wheels.
Iam well happy with the results and paul said in his opinion this is better than the rs2 as it was taking a lot more fuel lower down the range. We compared it to a previous rs2 map and it looked like it performed a lot better. The rs2 had a little bit more top end but for my needs it works well as i wanted the tourqe and power delivery lower down. It has transformed the car and it pulls so much better and harder and picks up really well.
So after much debate, yes this works and works well, should you buy one yes just make sure its packaged and had the right holes for your throttle body. Should you buy an rs2 also yes but i guess it just depends what you want.
20151124_114254-1024x1820.jpg
20151124_114254-1024x1820.jpg
20151124_114309-1280x720.jpg

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
The good thing about this is that it is a good alternative to the rs2 but they are both similar products and have both been proven to work well. Just depends on the price of the new rs2 i suppose as this is only £850. I said all along its a well made product and atug the lad selling them has copped some s**t, some of it justified some of it not but if he can sort out the packaging and make sure he sends the right kit out there is no reason not to buy one of these.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
I mean, what power was the engine producing before the inlet was fitted?
Ha ha sorry just realised i read that wrong what a tit☺ er i didnt manage to get the car on a rolling road before i fitted the manifold so cant say for definate what the overall power increase is but as a rough estimate i would say 5 to 10bhp you can certianaly tell the difference

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Pleased for you Chris considering i have the xtra kit Which was bloody expensive ,was told mine was around 185bhp,so disappointing really mines better topend but feels flatter bottom end.Its back in the garage Friday radiator isnt secured and the grill has marked the inlet.Happy days :smile:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Radiator is very loose,saab guy said thats not good and something else it'll get sorted Friday ,trip up too efi soon to see what its making.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Will upload vid on Friday of how loose it it is and nobody has touched it,not end of the world.Back to inlet @bloke ,how much is rolling road with efi please Thanks

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Yes considering the sm results and mine having bigger runners etc and the outlay,want to see what its doing