ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

small poll... would you buy a cup.. if...

Megane R26

Chavyboy,
I think you will find that Silver paint is lighter than red paint, so saving a massive 2 grammes in weight giving a much better performance on track days.

Rick

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Hold on Red pain will absorb heat better and heat makes things rise so the total weight will be less.

Sorry to p155 on your bonfire m8

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

BenR this was the carbon fibre TAX disc holder right..

I found a floor in your plan

This would not be the case as the 172 has a heat reflective windscreen so it wouldnt heat up

Nah Nah Nah Nah Naaaaaah

Bollox m8 !!!!!!

put the carbon fibre in the specialy prepared are in the lower middle of the windscreen - the bit specially designed for radar detectors lol......

and Roberts yer sisters mothers, sisters, husband .!!!

so there....

The cup guys could try it too..... oooooooops.. sorry, nope...... no quality windscreen fitted...... dammmmmmmn !

Joe

but only the windscreen
the whole black boldy plus teh darkl interior, and that littel hole for teh toll paying thingy would let heat be absorbed!!!

NA nAh nA nAH nAH!!!

but..... doooooooooodette

u could have a controlled release of the negative ions to allow more driver intervention.....

u speak bollox at times..... sheeeeeeeesh !!

ya must accept that the bifurcating flange retainer of the sproggit retaining pin is vulnerable to oscillation in the 3-5k range... ???

I mean..... cmon ????

Joe

Hi to all you cliosport owners, this is my first post.
I think all this talk of clio cup or full 172? is really about wanting a little extra speed but being pissed off that renault did not add a little extra power to the mk 2 to compensate
( 180 bhp for example ). I feel that if the cup was EXACTLY the same speed as the mk 2 in performance, just cheaper, many people would not bother with the cup.On paper there is 1 secs difference 0-100 time (17.9 for standard, 16.9 for the cup).
I dont know about you but i dont care as the mk 2 cliosport is a wonderful little car anyway, for the money, and im sure when the next cliosport comes out, renault will make it at least 200bhp plus a 6 speed box to go back to the top of the pile again.
When the cliosport hit us in 1999 it was the best, it will be again

bye bye

Capn - I take it then all your negative comments about the cups inadequacies as a performance or competition nothing will hold true for your own standard 172 then - yup, I think so - the race ready package from renault on order, the Orbisound exhaust, modified ECU, and performance clutch from Renault sport should make amost of your comments defunct! Was gonna get leather and aircon fitted but doh - u dont find them in many cup race cars or £4500 xenon headlamps!

We could go round and round the merrygoround forever, but lets not - lets accept the pros and cons and talk about the rear parking sensors that the new nissan micra has as standard!! Come on Renault - a new 172 please!! LOL

Tim

BMW 320d Sport

Well I think youre all wrong!

Instead of spending 11 grand or whatever it is on a Cup or a 172, heres a plan - spend 5 or 6 grand on an absolutely mint Williams (without sunroof), lower it and change over to poly bushes (£500), rebuild the engine to take a high pressure turbo (£4000) and put the change in your pocket.

Voila! A timeless track and road car, that will be a hoot to drive, faster than a Cup or 172, and still be worth almost the same in years to come.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

BenR and Captain,

I am sorry but the Flux Capacitor has an increased mass when heated up "align=absmiddle>
so the overal weight of the car is increased.

Anyway captain who the hell puts there tax disc on the non heat reflective part of the screen anyway unless you have arms that are about 6 inches long and you cant reach the other side of the windscreen ? Apart from a dwarf with 6 inch arms

Nick, I must agree.. way to go !.

when do ya want the turbo unit lol

I have also got enough bits here for a 2ltr f4r on tbs..

that would be tasty !

Joe......

Astra 1.9cdti XP

172 Cup = 172 - some bits

How does that make it a hardcore track car!

SAME CAR, LESS MONEY!

P.S If I put some helium ballons in the boot will I go quicker? Come to think of it fill the tyres with helium.