ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed my 182 christmas eve!!!!!

Honda ATR
Probably my worse chrimbo ever. On my way to a friends when i took a corner and lost all grip. The car just went straight into the hedge. I then had to wait 2hrs for the recovery truck to pull the car out.

Honda ATR
Dont know it was to dark to tell. Front bumper and headlight smashed in also the passenger door wouldnt open. so im guessing some chassis damage. also suspension damage

Honda ATR
the road has a 60 limit and I was doing roughly 40 around the bend. I was just going to quick for the conditions. The farmer said its a pretty bad corner and that I was the 3rd car in a month to have a smash.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Dont know it was to dark to tell. Front bumper and headlight smashed in also the passenger door wouldnt open. so im guessing some chassis damage. also suspension damage

It might not be as bad as it sounds . Being plastic alot of it might be purely cosmetic damage .

I pranged my 172 into a motorway barrier at 50mph , new bumper , headlight , wing etc .... £2500 of damage all sorted on the insurance .No suspension damage :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
the road has a 60 limit and I was doing roughly 40 around the bend. I was just going to quick for the conditions. The farmer said its a pretty bad corner and that I was the 3rd car in a month to have a smash.

Thats the prob with these country lanes with farm/field entrances etc. Theres a good chance the road was covered in sh*t....bit like Robs accident.

Honda ATR

Thats the prob with these country lanes with farm/field entrances etc. Theres a good chance the road was covered in sh*t....bit like Robs accident.

Good point i'll go and check the corner in a bit. If it is coverd in crap i'll inform the insurance company.

FOCUS ST 275
These roads are proper shite atm, Went to my sis's place for crimbo, came roud a coprner to find the tarmac was covered in mud from a field entrance.

I think it should be law that some sort of signage should be in place to warn motorists about mud on road. I know it would be difficult to be put in place, to many ppl would try and blame mud on road for accidents. Still some warning would be nice.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Still some warning would be nice.
There is one, I see it regularly at places where farmers leave mud on the road.
slippery_sign.gif

Though it's not used regularly enough. Unfortunately I think a lot of the time someone has to have an accident before one gets put up.

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Gutted mate :(

Still, chin up, accidents happen - at least your ok, that's all that really matters in these situations. It's only a car - metal and plastic at the end of the day - and it's insured :)

Dan

Honda ATR
Its looking like im not gonna get my car back....I spoke to the repairer this morning and its pretty much f****d. These things happen I guess, its just a bummer that it took 5 years of driving before I smashed my first car.

Iceberg 172
There is one, I see it regularly at places where farmers leave mud on the road.
slippery_sign.gif

Never quite understood that sign - is that a full 180 spin then? :rasp:

Unlucky mate. It's really frustrating to have to drive so conservatively in a car like an E+RS Clio at this time but as this shows, it's well worth it in the long run......

172 ff silver
unlucky aran mate it was a lovely motor as well

at least your ok and your insurance will sort it all

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i know how you feel:eek: but i had pics:rasp:

really missed my car over xmas:dapprove:

but at least your ok:D

and i know what you mean with the mud and crap on the road:quiet: