ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed my sump last night.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
came to a junction, brakes failed, went stright over into some farmers track,

this is the result
P9140151.gif

P9140153.gif

P9140152.gif

P9140155.gif

anyone changed a sump before or know anyone who has, i have all the nuts and bolts out its just a pain in the arse because of the sub frame, can this be done without taking the engine out???

help is needed urgently!!!

####edit####
forget to say that the oil pump extraction pipe thing with the mesh over it, ended up on the road as well!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yup drop subframe, undo sump, fit new oil thingy, new sump, re-fit subframe.

What a pisser!

BMW M135i
The subframe isn't that difficult to get off on the pro side. Just a pain in the arse that you have to do it.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
1.4 16v
just got the old sump off, pain in the arse, had to undo the oil pump through the hole in the sump, gonna be hard to put back on tmw!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
EvilJohn said:
Damn, tahts a pain in the ass. Any idea why the brakes failes? Overheated and faded?

looks like they have only been working on a small area of the disk, dunno why i would cut out so bad though!

Clio 172 mk2
Looks bad but it could have been worse if you had hit someone else etc

Hope you get it sorted

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Ok tonights damage!

sump, managed to get off without taking the subframe off.
P9140151-1.gif

P9140152-1.gif

this is what i found on the road last night
P9140153-1.gif

it should be attached to this inside the sump
P9140154.gif

hole caused by fire, when my lamp got to hot.
P9140156.gif

looking battered
P9140155-1.gif

hole in subframe
P9140158.gif

bottom of the engine
P9140157.gif

engine hoist, legend!
P9140160.gif

from scrappers new sumps £45 + vat and oil pump is £35+vat.
any ideas about the prices from renault.

im gonna need some new brakes as well i rekon!

www.renparts.co.uk
See told you to have faith! Looks Like no further damage than what we saw at the scene was done. I would say you got off lucky, what about the track rod? alright? or just how it looked on the recovery truck?
ta
josh

al

ST on the way...
Harry_manback said:
its only nuts and bolts, whats the worst that can happen?
untill it comes to rebuilding it right!!!

Lol! I know where to come when I get some new brakepads then ;)

Swap for a PC'ing ;)

al

ST on the way...
Speaking of which, how about we find a day when we can do both at the same time? I can fetch all my stuff through if either of you have somewhere indoor we could do it.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
yeh, brakes are piss easy, i wish i had done my own at least id know they f**king worked!

the only reason i get a service is because of the stamp in the book, look where thats got me!

was gonna say, new oilpump time!

They are about £150 from ren, and despite being expensive, they are effectively your engines heart......loose oil flow and loose the engine, not worth taking a second hand item eventhough it'll probably be fine.

Sump is fine to run a s/h one.

FF Blackgold 182
Harry_manback said:
yeh, brakes are piss easy, i wish i had done my own at least id know they f**king worked!

the only reason i get a service is because of the stamp in the book, look where thats got me!

If u get it serviced at a dealer, they sometimes put an apprentice on it or someone who just wants to boost their days wages. A brake check is sometimes only a kick on the tyres. :( Good luck m8, anyway, at least ur alright!:)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
BenR said:
was gonna say, new oilpump time!

They are about £150 from ren, and despite being expensive, they are effectively your engines heart......loose oil flow and loose the engine, not worth taking a second hand item eventhough it'll probably be fine.

Sump is fine to run a s/h one.

glad someone said it.

i would also buy some sealer form a MF only use a tiny bith though.

also there must be some suspension damage, track rods, wishbones, ??

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
ben_p said:
glad someone said it.

i would also buy some sealer form a MF only use a tiny bith though.

also there must be some suspension damage, track rods, wishbones, ??

right fixed it, not looked at track rods and wishbones yet, will do tmw when i look at the brakes.