ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snetterton 9th August. Pics thread!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
A cracking was had by all of the JMS, Failsport and the lone SanerSaxShed yesterday at Snett. ;)
Once again we were mixing it with all manner of hyper, Sir_Dave tenting type BMW's, GTR's, X-Bows, a Clio 200 Cup series car (an absolute weapon) and your usual weird and wonderful track fodder including a diesel powered Beetle endurance racer and some sort of space framed racing Mini.

Mechanical maladies were at a minimum with only Johns Saxo proving troublesome in the morning with oil leaking from various breathers which ended up covering the gearbox and eventually causing the clutch to slip......a shame for John but the car is a weapon in the making....

Anyway, a few pics of mine throughout the day.

Saner Edit:

The Saxo Shed - Bringing oil patches covered in white smoke to a track near you:

ALX_0420.gif

ALX_2372.gif

ALX_9791.gif

ALX_9877.gif

Nick172Cup Edit:

Heres a few of mine... Cheers to all the guys and girls also that came down, made for an absolutely awesome fun day!

ALX_1043.jpg

ALX_1087.jpg

ALX_1487.jpg

ALX_1603.jpg

ALX_2428.jpg

ALX_9304.jpg

ALX_9721.jpg

Vish Edit:

Awesome day out, went brilliantly for a first trackday. And thanks to the lads for the help and pointers.

A few pics of mine:

4877335608_27c2d9ea9e_z.png

4877334848_b5f48a6cdb_z.png

4876721609_f3188a101e_z.png

4876711119_a1c2a1fcce_z.png

4877320270_cae3832e9b_z.jpg

Tom@JMS Edit:

Small selection!

ALX_0302.jpg

ALX_0449.jpg

ALX_0568.jpg

ALX_1687.jpg

ALX_9887.jpg

Copyright of Focused Events Ltd

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
All photos so far have been taken by Focused Events, the people who also organised the track day.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I would agree with taht, Mine and Nicks are on Photobucket, Vish's on Flicker and I think Tom and Ollie have there own hosting!

I host mine on the JMS server so they are not compressed at all, I have resized them a touch to make them t'internet friendly, but that's all - that'll be the difference.

+ I have blue wheels, which instantly makes them better anyway ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I host mine on the JMS server so they are not compressed at all, I have resized them a touch to make them t'internet friendly, but that's all - that'll be the difference.

+ I have blue wheels, which instantly makes them better anyway ;)

Mine are on Failbook hence the crappy quality. Tom only went for blue as he knew the photographer would snap him more than the rest.........Nick and I didn't get as many pics as we were just too damn fast. Cups after all....;)

Lotus Exige, 182
Some good pics those. I love snetterton, must do it again when the 250 arrives.

How are the r888s holding up? I seem to remember at least 1 of them was borderline when I sold them to you!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Some good pics those. I love snetterton, must do it again when the 250 arrives.

How are the r888s holding up? I seem to remember at least 1 of them was borderline when I sold them to you!

What were your fronts were indeed fairly well used! They have been put on the rear since i had them off you and were run on the rear at Snett and still have a couple of track outings left in them.
The fronts got pretty well worn but again they will last. Luckily i now have a ratty old set of Renault 19 alloys with Yoko Advans on as a road set.

The 888's are awesome tyres. We knew they were awesome on the road but they were simply breathtaking on track. I won't run anything else now though......

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cool, cool, Did dave take his T round?

I did :D

And then two days later i took it around the 'ring, Furka, San Bernadino & Stelvio :approve:

I must also point out, that despite a bit too much understeer on two of the tighter bends (PE2's going off me thinks), as a standard car, it was very very impressive straight out the box!! With some R888's it would have provided a lot more speed, to match the other clio's, but i think it would lose out a little on the fun - dab of oppo, etc.

However, & just to annoy the haters, a saxo on Bilsteins/Faulkners is a far better/more adjustable track car. I missed mine, sorely.

Some of my Snetterton photos for you all to enjoy (coutesy of Focussed Events & resized by me due to poor web connection & slowness to upload, hence the poor quality):

1b.jpg

3b.jpg

2b.jpg

4b.jpg

5b.jpg

6b.jpg