ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so collected the new car

clio 16v
Toyota iq3 sport.

Is a 1.3 4 cyl 16v engine producing 100 bhp in a 700kg car.

Now its not twingo rs or anything but.... well its nippy to say the least. And motorway speeds are fine with the 6 speed gearbox.

Build quality is awsome with loads of touches alot more expensive cars dont have.

Mine is the top specd iq3 with the sports pack. So spoiler, tinted windows. 17inch alloys, Sports body kit ect

here are a few pics and ill get a few videos up over the weekend.

Cheers

G

P101201_26-11-09.jpg

P101202_26-11-09.jpg

P1012_26-11-09.jpg

P101302_26-11-09.jpg

P1013_26-11-09.jpg

It's nice. My Nan would like that.

But I still think you need putting in a padded room for spending £13.5k on it.

At least someone will get a bonus this Christmas.

E90
With that car do you not need the badge to park in the disabled spot?

Apologies if you are disabled.

I really like these i think they are sweet

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good
but I always have to laugh at the size of them look like toy cars :)

I'd feel the need to pull it back and let go to move

clio 16v
i was collecting it from the dealer and thats where they parked it. The keyless system is cool,

Walk upto car it recognises you have the fob. Put habd near handle and it unlocks, Then if the fob is in the car you can press the button to start the engine, dont even need to get it out of your pocket.

Dynamique Flamer
Those are awful. You could of had a twingo cheaper! I don't anyone who would speand £13k on that unless they were over the age of 70 tbh

Never above 25mpg
Given the choice I would've had the Aygo, but I will only get a small engined car again if I somehow end up jobless.

Cooper S
:cool:

What ever you clio has the iq will have, Plus i have the jap build quality. Although id take a white 197 anyday ;):dapprove:

I now have a MINI Cooper S which was only a couple of grand more...

As for the Clio... does your IQ have circa 190 horsepower?? ;)

Agree on build quality though..

clio 16v
I now have a MINI Cooper S which was only a couple of grand more...

As for the Clio... does your IQ have circa 190 horsepower?? ;)

Agree on build quality though..

190 errrrrrrrrrm i have 100 ;);)

Have had a mini before, Love the whine..........

Also they are insurance group 3 or 4 ( cost 190 pa ) and £37.50 a year tax, Oh and the 64 mpg average lol

Cooper S
Yeah I know you have 100... but you said "whatever the Clio had the IQ has!" My point was that the 197 is almost twice the power..

MINI is an 09, turbo engine.

E90
Deck it to winston fag packet height, and put 12 inch ronal turbos on, WIN!!!!

I wouldn't worry, you'll save a shed load on a 197 owner for insurance, its easier to park, will not depreicate as much, shed load cheaper to run won't break, and if it does the job who cares.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Those are awful. You could of had a twingo cheaper! I don't anyone who would speand £13k on that unless they were over the age of 70 tbh

he could of had a twingo yes... but this isnt built by lazy french c***s who dont know how to build a car without rattling... it has jap build quality and jap engineering... pisses all over anything french lol

good buy if your happy with it, they look like cool cars!

Mk4 .:R32
jesus, 13.5k for that. Sorry but that's mad!

Granted you've got a new car for that money, but it looks like a smart cars disabled cousin

SPV

197 Cup
jesus, 13.5k for that. Sorry but that's mad!

Granted you've got a new car for that money, but it looks like a smart cars disabled cousin

"smart cars disabled cousin" LOL..

Actually laughed out loud with that, funny!!!

Cool car if thats your thing pal, each to there own.... Cheaper ownership thing is starting to appeal to me, may chop the Trophy in for a twingo cup,...

E90
he could of had a twingo yes... but this isnt built by lazy french c**ts who dont know how to build a car without rattling... it has jap build quality and jap engineering... pisses all over anything french lol

good buy if your happy with it, they look like cool cars!

Amen.

he's got a car that won't be primarily owned by chavs and tracksuit wearing pikeys.

LY R26
i was collecting it from the dealer and thats where they parked it. The keyless system is cool,

Walk upto car it recognises you have the fob. Put habd near handle and it unlocks, Then if the fob is in the car you can press the button to start the engine, dont even need to get it out of your pocket.

something renault have been doing for roughly 6 years?

Vee dub
Yeah I know you have 100... but you said "whatever the Clio had the IQ has!" My point was that the 197 is almost twice the power..

MINI is an 09, turbo engine.

pmsl @ what you're saying... perhaps he doesn't want a 197?

LY R26
tbf ive been in these wee cars and they are great.

they got full leather, alloys, handsfree, climate, turn off at lights and they actually feel like a car, and can see the attraction

however IMO there is no point in going for the 1.4 when its built for one thing full economy and running costs. saying that the 1.4 wont be terribly high.

you cant compare these to a Twingo or even a Aygo, they are in a class of their own

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Fantastic car mate. Try Saga for insurance, also they do excellent holidays.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Friend was speaking to someone that had ordered one of these.

He was going to lower it and vinyl 'lower than your IQ' on the back :p

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I have looked into lowering it already although there arent many aftermarket parts for these.........

That's because the average age of owners is around 65

all the figures sound great, just a shame the car is fugly!!

As oppose to something that looks like dysons first attempt at a washing machine?

Na, joking aside, if you like it fair play, wouldn't want to part with £13.5K for it though sorry.

Family Bus
Roffle at the dinkyness of it!

It looks like it should flat pack for handy storage!!!

It's cute, don't think I'd want to part with over 10k for one though tbh. But as long as you're happy.