ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some B*****D keyed my 182 last night

Clio 182
Some B*****D keyed my 182 last night and i have now got to have it repaired because it looks awful. It is all the way down the drivers side, starting on the fuel cap and finishing on the wing. How much do you all think its gonna cost me?

Clio 182
Hoping they can just sand it back and spray it. Im just hoping i dont have it done and they come back and key it again!!

M

mini-valver

You might be able to get a detailing firm to touch it in, wetsand it and PC it. Other than that you'll need the whole side doing and the bumpers and bonnet flashed in!

I'd say you're loking at £4-500 easy mate. Gutting isnt it, I had my bonnet and rear quarter done.

Clio 182
I cant understand it though because it has been parked in the same place outside my house for the last 2 months since i bought it and i dont think i have upset anyone!! I was thinking of one of these mobile scratch repair people but i dont know what their results are like?

E30 318iS x2
Try 'Hitman'

Not sure how much they charge but they are charttered by Renault at most dealers. Did a good job on my mums car.

Mk3 SX
F*cking Tossers! my sisters clio was done years ago, brand new only had it 4 months. They keyed from the front drivers side light, up over the bonnet, over the roof and back down the boot. I feel for you mate!

Williams 1
try Chipsaway, it says on their website they paint the chips not the car but thats bull****, as my mate works for them and the do everything from stone chips to full resprays!

White clique
Halfords. They have a scratch repair service for £100 per panel inc VAT and are good. My old black gold 182 got keyed and it looked perfect when done. Its much cheaper and better than respraying the whole panels as you dont get dodgy overspray etc.
Its only in the larger stores, but they claim to be 65% cheaper than body repair shops

BG 182
Some people are so jealous its unreal, cant have anything nice for a second grr!
Hope you get it sorted soon mate

BMW E92/Audi S3
I had my rear wing done.. its still there. I want to find out who done it so they can pay for it. I also need a phone.. i'll take that off them too

Mini Cooper S sport
Fcuking B/\STARDS!!!! Really hate to hear it when people's cars get keyed.

I know that horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see it. It takes total mindless scum to key someone's car, they deserve to be beaten sh1tless. Two seconds for them to do it, £££ to repair.

It cost me £150 to get two panels resprayed after mine was keyed 2.5 years ago - but at least it was repaired good as new.

Clio 182 + Recaros
Sorry to hear your News. Some people are just complete f*cking morons when it comes to damaging someone elses property.
Monmouth is generally a pretty decent area - so quite surprising that your car got keyed.

Clio 182
Hopefully it will be around that figure but i am expecting quite a lot more. I cant understand what the idiot who did it achieved from it.

Best of luck with this... amazing how 2 seconds worth of some idiots time can cost you a week of twos wages...

I used to live in maidstone and some b'end had run a key all the way up a row of about twenty cars (911, 350z, rx8, amongst others). Tens of thousands of pounds worth of damage, ten seconds worth of a laugh for some nobber.

Octy VRS
Had my bootlid done. They even went in between the Renault and Sport badges to really piss me off. Stopped at the number plate and started the other side. Haven't bothered getting it done.

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
sorry to hear that mate, i got a small mark in my paint from someones car door. noticed it yesterday. gutter. but being keyyed is worse. hope u find a good solution

clio trophy No56
Know how your feeling, i just wrecked my alloy and burst my tyre last night coz of a stupid pot hole that the council couldnt be arsed to fix.
At the moment it looks like its going to cost me for a new wheel and tyre, £250ish, but got to have it looked at after that for tracking and damper.........please not the damper!!

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Man that sucks, I'm so paranoid about someone doing ours... Why do people have to ruin other peoples stuff? Must have been jealous.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Some stupid prick did my drivers door when i first got the car :mad:.. as you lot have said, 2 secs for a laugh = 3 days wages to fix it :( .. i'm not going to be able to sleep when i get a type r:eek:

Inferno 182
I know it doesn't help but am truly gutted for you. My heart goes out to you. :(
I may be going overboard but I reckon in these situations the forum members could set up a fund. On posting up photos of the damage, members could volunteer to each pay £1 through Paypal or something to help towards the cost. I know....that could open a can of worms, where would it stop etc. but I just think we are a community so can help each other out. God, I sound like a right old hippy now!:eek: