ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Williams Times!

Well did some vids last night but cant post the as my PC dies when I try and use them. I have timed the videos and did a few AP22 runs too on the way home with Rhyss settings for a comparason. I reckon my speedo is 5mph out maybe 4.

Video:

0-60 6.02 secs (speedo time)

0-65 7.05 secs (speedo time)

AP22

0-60 7.17 secs (average of 2 runs, one each side of the road)

(involved a bit of wheelspining as I was in rush hour traffic;))

Will try and get some proper AP22 times later - I have 30-70 video times too but my 0-100 are a bit out as there was some dips and rises in the roads. Will post them anyway once I have some AP22 times to compare them against!

*disclaimer - I am yet to find a perfect bit of road for this so all times are speculative:D

320d M Sport

haha, love the disclaimer! It seems we need to start sticking them on everything to save getting flamed

Yeah I know - I want the disclaimer as my sig to save me typing it:)

My other Video times were:

30-70 6.18 secs

35-75 6.54 secs

0-100 16.25 secs

0-105 17.78 secs

The 0-100s were runined a bit by one of the 3 runs hitting a large hill and sturggling from 90-100 - it took 18.61 secs for 0 to 105 mph. Without it This would have left the last 0-105 average at 17.33 secs

very impressive times mate, my willy is 0-60 in 6.2ish secs and 0-100 in 15.5ish secs (crossed the line in 14.4 secs @96mph at york) yours looks like it would easily rival mine down the strip, another hot williams then!

Thats speedo times for the 0-100 remember - the 0-105 would be a more true 0-100 - thats why I timed both! ;)

My true 0-100 for that night is probably around 17.33 secs but I dont have a GPS of my actuall 100 mark on the speedo so cant say for sure!

& yes the car is std (cat back exhaust is the only non std item but im not aware of that making any peformace difference)

nice one!,17.3 is well quick,wouldnt mind testing my mk1 172,would have bought a williams when i was younger but couldnt find one with less than 70k on clock!or afford insurance!,got the 172 in dark blue similar to williams,to make up :)

come to think of it wifes looking for a little runabout......hmmm.

Just done a test with a MK1 172, a 172 Cup and a 1.6 16v but Im in two minds whether to post the runs. The AP22 was calibrated using a GPS system against the cars speedos (all three cars have very very accurate speedos by the way - my Williams is a bit out).

We did the runs on a newly surfaced piece of road that is totally flat. We all launched from the same place and we all had a passenger. The passengers were able to confirm the the AP22 matched the speedo, which in turn matched the GPS.

In short, the 172 and the Cup ran some very, very impressive times. So much so that we went back to double check! Oakleys 1.6 16v also put in an admirable performance.

We also tried out the 172 and the Cup side by side down the dual (duel ;)) carridgeway from a rolling start. The Cup seems a bit faster than the MK1 in 3rd and abbs_172 was able to pull on me convincingly. However, I was able to do exactly the same to him in 4th gear! (Cheeky fecker was flashing his lights for me to shift over! I returned the favour in 4th gear!).

Im not keen on posting the times, but weve got some video clips (i hope!) and a couple of eye witnesses (Oakley and si_5).

Suffice to say, the MK1 and the Cup are a close match on the open road (guessing the Cup would be better round a track - see my comments on the MK1 handling on the Exterior, Power.... forum).

BTW, sorry for hijacking the thread 007!

Rhys

LOL post your time Rhys - I did mine in a howling gale with a FULL tank of fuel - my times could have been quicker - one run was up hill LOL but I dont fancy being flamed so I used it in the averages:D So lets see them then...

No way, will PM them to you in a bit.

edit - actually, PM me your email address and Ill send you a load of runs and graphs.

Rhys