ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sonny172cup "track car to race car project"

clio cup
Re: sonny172cup "track racer project"

Why have I not seen this thread!!!!!!!

Looking good Sonny and will look forward to meeting you on Saturday, I see over on the TARC site you have no where to sleep?

I'll be bringing a 12 man tent and only 4 of us sleeping in there, so your welcome to atleast lay down flat somewhere for the night!,

Dave

Why have I not seen this thread!!!!!!!

Looking good Sonny and will look forward to meeting you on Saturday, I see over on the TARC site you have no where to sleep?

I'll be bringing a 12 man tent and only 4 of us sleeping in there, so your welcome to atleast lay down flat somewhere for the night!,

Dave

Thank you mate, will be good to catch up with you too :)

Im really looking forward to this now.

Numbers and lights are on. Do I need my name in the side windows?

3gks.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Looks epic.

Did you do the wrap yourself by the way or pay to have it done?

182cup & 172 racecar

Dropped the car of yesterday to the guys at PVL limited in West Sussex for a colour change... will let the pics do the talking. :approve:

0jqg.jpg

ibj1.jpg

xyrk.jpg

..and with the colour coded headlight blanks

b0gj.jpg

..and just finished for the night, finished up on some last minute bits.

rn72.jpg

Here you go

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Looks like they did a great job.

Ive got a T4 van I would like to do in the same colour, but its an old cheapy one so would only be worth doing if it was DIY, but im not sure I would be able to do a decent enough job on it.

Donny docs arrived today for Sunday, race suit arrived lastnight while I was at work...happy days, starting to come together, however the ole Rangy has developed a engine fault, its gone into limp mode again, got it booked in with a indie tomorrow, hope 1: its a cheap fix and 2) it will be ready for Saturday!

Will have to start getting a back up tow car ready!

182cup & 172 racecar

I had a clutch fall apart whilst putting the Rally car onto the trailer once, had to take box out with it half on the trailer.

clio cup

I've not needed to do anything on the car since Oulton other than a nut and bolt check, but I bet when I get it out of the garage Friday something breaks!!!!!

The night before my first test day I forgot to strap the car on the trailer and the car rolled forward into the tyre rack and smashed the screen, fitted anew screen at 11 o clock at night after I had taken the Mrs out for a promised dinner and cinema!
Race day at Oulton and the scrutineer would not pass my crash helmet, had to buy a new one there and then, lucky I had my credit card on me!

I doubt things will never change, but you'll never give in,,,,,,

182cup & 172 racecar

My last outing to Donny, was when I uncovered the car ready to leave, and the rear side window was broken. Had to get it fixed on the way up there. Thanks to Fred.

clio cup

I think we should stop worrying Sonny, lol

But sometimes just getting to the venue with a car ready deserves a trophy. I kind of forgot about all this, it has been 12 years since last racing

Typical isnt it, night before Spa last week I broke a bleed nipple on the rear caliper. Suppose I should have bled my brakes a few days before hand, but you know what its like when you have jobs that are building up!

clio cup

Typical isnt it, night before Spa last week I broke a bleed nipple on the rear caliper. Suppose I should have bled my brakes a few days before hand, but you know what its like when you have jobs that are building up!

There you go! its started already, lol

Clio.

It was worth it in the end....pole and x2 1st places. (BARC sec tintops at silverstone).
'Boots' destroyed a near side cv joint on the last lap and Tom coaxed it over the line.