ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ericsson - alternative file manager?

Iceberg 172
I've just received my w850i but i can't install the PC Suite on my main machine as i'm using Win 2003. I tried a couple of workarounds to install it but no luck as yet. I'm not that keen on installing sony stuff anyway after all their 'rootkit' crap with their CDs so can anyone point me in the direction of an alternative file manager for Sony Ericsson phones?

Any other nice moby sites with apps and stuff would be appreciated too :)

cheers

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Can you not just use a bluetooth dongle and cut the software crap?

Does 95% of common tasks.

Megane Mk4
Plug your data cable in, then your mobile, let windows install the drivers for your phone from the cd and use it as a removable drive on your pc via your data cable. Seems to work no problems for me on the K750i, similar mobile software so I'd guess windows will act the same for both models.

Last edited:
  Iceberg 172
cheers tom; FMA looks like it should be up to the job. Will install it when i get home.

I would take the bluetooth route but dont have a dongle for that PC. I know you can pick them up really cheap but its yet another device to stick in the back of my pc ;) I have bluetooth on my laptops etc but prefer to use my main rig for file management/storage.

As for the removeable disk with USB approach; for some reason it did not create a drive for me to access when i plugged in the phone. It installed all the drivers etc but didn't let me access the phone. I'm wondering if it was due to the SIM not being inserted as this was flagged by the sony file manager when installed on my laptop. I didnt activate the phone till this morning so didnt get a chance to test with the SIM in. It shouldnt make a difference but the fact that the sony app wouldnt allow me to connect without a SIM may indicate that is the cause of the problem.

cheers for the input all