ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sound of the 172/182 vs valver

Mint Clio Valver!
to All owners of standard 172's and 182's.

do you wish your car's sounded a bit more like the valver's, willies and pug gti's of the world?

not intending to cause offence as i know that if i tried to race one of you guys off the line id get dicked and have I full respect for that.

they just sound a bit ordinary don't they?

this is an OPINION and i don't expect any bitchy comments back towards me in reply. thank you.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
id have to dissagree mate ... when the 182 is pushed i think it sounds really good for a standard car.

Nissan 350Z
They sound ok as standard, but nothing special IMO.

Part of the reason may be because cars nowadays have to apparently comply with noise regulations.

I've driven a number of cars, and I can say the engine sound of the Clio 182 is nothing special as standard, but nor is it very bad either.

However, its not good enough for me. Thats why I have no got a sports exhaust and will be getting an induction kit soon.

I cant comment on the valver as I've not heard one under acceleration. However, I will say that the best sounding car I've driven thus far is probably the 4-cylinder Celica T-Sport 190. That thing sounded like a racing car. The CTR was ok, but not as good as I thought. I've driven a number of 6-cylinder cars however unfortunately while they sound good, most are too muted from within the cabin.

The best sounding car I've heard is an AC Cobra.

182 and 5 GTT
Ive got a full pro-speed system, sports cat and viper on mine and i love the noise it makes. Best sounding engines got to be an old V8!!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i dissagree to with a sports cat from k tec and a itg pannel filter with a modified air intake my 172 sounds one of the best cars i have heard yet!! i used to lovee the sound of my k sears rover that i had under indution but im sorry the 172 with aboves mods sounds amzing inside and out!!!:cool:

Mint Clio Valver!
Ive got a full pro-speed system, sports cat and viper on mine and i love the noise it makes. Best sounding engines got to be an old V8!!!
very standard mate. lol.
nah, best car noise is a F1 car in idle. old tvrs sound immense also

Mint Clio Valver!
STANDARD STANDARD STANDARD!!

i had a 1.4RT with a K&N and a K-tec 4.5" tail and it sounded incredible.

not the point though.

best sound i have heard would be a pagani zonda, awesome..

i think i would of prefered if my car was totally silent, then add and exhaust if needed.. sometimes its nice to be in a quiet car i think

Mint Clio Valver!
a friend has commented on my valver sounding like the beema M3 CSL (i think its CSL anyway) from a distance. He drives a new A3 TDI sport and seriously regrets not getting petrol every time he steps into the valver. heh heh.

The Murciealago(?) at Le Mans was by far the best sounding car running. It was like they had gone to Lambo and said "we're not bothered about winning, just make us sound better than everyone else!!!".

The Carrera GT sounds pretty spectacular, just about the closest you'll get to a V10 F1 car!

The Carrera Cup 911s are deafeningly loud and the standard 996 Carrera 2 sounds pretty tasty on start up!

The downside is that you can't really appreciate your own exhaust from inside the car, unless you're driving a drop top through a tunnel!

Pikey Truck
phattboycoxy said:
to All owners of standard 172's and 182's.

do you wish your car's sounded a bit more like the valver's, willies and pug gti's of the world?

not intending to cause offence as i know that if i tried to race one of you guys off the line id get dicked and have I full respect for that.

they just sound a bit ordinary don't they?

this is an OPINION and i don't expect any b*tchy comments back towards me in reply. thank you.

They sound good mate... once u get the kick from about 4.5k they sound brutal!!

Must admit the valvers sound awesome TBH!

Mint Clio Valver!
sweet, thought it'd be the case.

have any valver owners noticed how 'van like' they sound when they're cold. Under 4k revs anyway.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
All you need is a decent exhaust...or even better t/b's I don't think mk1 or mk2 sounds too hot stnd...

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
standard for standard the valver sounds much better than the 172/182. I remember first going out in a valver and i couldnt believe how nice it sounded under acceleration!!! I've got an aftermarket zorst on my cup as standard it was too muted for my liking

Nippy white cup
I think it`s more the induction noise on the 172`s....I honestly don`t think I`ve ever heard a totally std Valver..always with at least decats

chris

chiefsilverback said:
The Murciealago(?) at Le Mans was by far the best sounding car running. It was like they had gone to Lambo and said "we're not bothered about winning, just make us sound better than everyone else!!!".

I have to agree with this - the Astons sounded great but nothing came close to the Lambo. It was awsome!

M

M7CUO_V6

V6 clio=best noise.

Its mostly induction noise, the exhaust's not that load. And its all right behind you.

Must say tho, i had a valver, the noise they make is really nice, better than 172/182 i think.

Turbos.
When i first got the 172 i recognised a nice induction noise, but after a week it was just another boring 4 cyl TBH.

Get back into a 4cyl after being in a V6/V8/V12 and they really do sound pap! Excluding Subarus and Type R engines...

Having owned a standard valver & driven a mk2 172 a lot I think the valver does sound better, both inside & outside:approve:
The 172 when cained is very loud inside:dapprove: but tbh it doesn't sound that great:( - it does however sound nice from outside, as my dad has proved many a time.

I love the standard exhaust. It makes the car unique and sounds like a sports car should rather than aftermarket and letting people know you've got a big engine under the bonnet rather than a loud exhaust.

I'd personally compare my 182 sound to an m3 a little and possibly a bit mini cooper-ish - The raspy noise that you hear.

Renault 5 1.8 16V
My fellow racer is building a 182 race car from a standard road car after removing all carpet underlay and sound deading pads in car and interior the standard engine and standard exhaust induction system sounds very good.

Older cars will sound better because less Euro crud rules on sound limits to comply with.

but over 7K they all sound good:evil: