ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers 'guide'/info

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
37713203441_fbb56e3aea_b.jpg

37455925250_af6c66a67b_b.jpg

Spax RSX Coilovers, 10mm rear Stub Axle Spacers, 16mm front hub centric spacers with genuine Renault 15" Oz F1 wheels

RB Clio 182
20mm fronts..

BF2CFB06-CD6A-4A37-9751-D74249440EA5.jpeg

20mm rears..

65DA2EA3-D8AE-4CF5-873F-C9B4097401BC.jpeg

20mm all round on cooksports and oem cup alloys...(slight scraping at the rear over huge speed humps or more than one passenger in the back)

E8E4B0B3-123F-494A-8442-E6029BE329DC.jpeg

Listerine & Poledo
a-ha!
Spacer thread, time to hijack.

I'm looking for apadtive spacers to go from 4x100 (44mm) to 5x139 (108mm)

Is this actually doable? I've yet to find anyone making this size of adapter and the H&R website suggests that if they don't do it, it's just unsafe.

172 Ph2
I've got some ET50 wheels that touch the rear calipers, so was planning on just getting 5mm spacers for the rear only.

Most people seem to be running wider at the front - am i likely to have any issues with only 5mm spacers at the rear? id have thought it better to have a wider rear track in terms of handling.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Running spacers on the front is because when lowered and having the rear slightly higher, need spacers to push the wheels out.

What wheels are they?

172 Ph2
15 inch SuperTurismo. They are just touching the rear calipers.

Im just running standard cup shocks and Eibach Sportlines.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just get normal 5mm spacers from the likes of pms etc. I have aftermarket 5mm spacers I bought off @mossyv6 iirc, never fitted.

If you want them I can get them sent. £10 including post

In fact. If you decide you want them to try call it a fiver. Dont feel abliged lol.

I wouldn’t buy them though

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Good thread this ??

I’m fitting new Cup front shocks, and H&R springs all round next week (already got new rear Cup shocks)

Plus Turinis with 195’s, so reading all the good info above, I think PMS 10mm rear stud spacer kit and 18 or 20mm hub centric H&R or Eibach fronts should be perfect.

I’ll add pics once it’s all done :)

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
just got 5mm pms spacers to fit to mine all round. Think mine sits a bit lower than yours tho. Dont think it will rub
FWIW I bought a set of four 15mm hubcentric spacers (with longer bolts) for my 172 Cup on Turinis but these spacers don’t sit flush on the rear hubs. Central boss on the spacers is not deep enough to accommodate the hub’s central locating lip. So replaced the rear spacers with 20mm versions and even longer bolts - but unfortunately this doesn’t really look right. So best option now is to go for the axle / backplate spacers - which I wish I’d done I’m the first place

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Okay so my turn to join in the spacers chat.

Car is Cup packed, with et38.5 Turinis and Eibach Sportlines.
Tyres are 205/45/16 Michelin PS3.

My initial thoughts were PMS 10mm axles for the rear and 17mm hubcentric S for the front. However I hear the scrub at the front with this setup. I can’t be doing with scrubbing, so any other thoughts or do I sack off the spacers idea altogether?

Attachments

• DD2BA765-B3E8-4822-9E74-C9861F67A1E1.jpeg
    DD2BA765-B3E8-4822-9E74-C9861F67A1E1.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 188

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Okay so my turn to join in the spacers chat.

Car is Cup packed, with et38.5 Turinis and Eibach Sportlines.
Tyres are 205/45/16 Michelin PS3.

My initial thoughts were PMS 10mm axles for the rear and 17mm hubcentric S for the front. However I hear the scrub at the front with this setup. I can’t be doing with scrubbing, so any other thoughts or do I sack off the spacers idea altogether?
You could sack the front spacers off, or swap to 195 tyres on the front. I have 16mm front spacers with cup pack, 38.5 turini's and low on coilovers and don't scrub on 195 rubber.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
You could sack the front spacers off, or swap to 195 tyres on the front. I have 16mm front spacers with cup pack, 38.5 turini's and low on coilovers and don't scrub on 195 rubber.

Tyres are almost new so not up for ditching those. Plus I don’t want to drop tyre size as that’s a backwards step in performance to my mind.
My concern is the fronts scrubbing on full lock.

RB 182 FF
I was cleaning the 182 today and for the first time in 8 years of ownership I thought "f**k me this car needs spacers..." I don't know why but it looked odd to my eye today... :unsure:

It's a cup packed 182 on Eibach Sportline springs, can anyone confirm or have pictures of the Pure motorsport 18mm Hubcentric spacers fitted with the factory cup wheels? I emailed pure motorsport and they suggested 18mm all round but I just wanted to see what you guys thought... Car is just a daily and not driven hard at all really, it's purely a cosmetic thing for me.....

Cheers, Gaz.

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Not sure I'd put 18mm on the rear. Think I would prefer 10mm hub spacers for the rear over wheel spacers. 18mm also seems a tad much?

Up front the 18mm will be good though.
I agree. I put 20mm hubcentric spacers on the rear of my 172 Cup with standard Turinis and it doesn't look quite right. Planning to swap to 10.0mm hub spacers

RB 182 FF
Not sure I'd put 18mm on the rear. Think I would prefer 10mm hub spacers for the rear over wheel spacers. 18mm also seems a tad much?

Up front the 18mm will be good though.

Maybe I misunderstood then, I'd still like to have 2 people in the back if needed as well, does that make it not possible with some spacers on the rear?! I'm only looking for a quick bolt on job so hub spacers doesn't flait my boat to be honest Dr Jekyll...

RB 182 FF
Just leave it as imo

Yeah? I just took the dog out for a piss and had another quick look and I never realised how tucked in the wheels actually are...!!! It could be because I've just fitted aftermarket winter wheels to my old man's Volvo Xc40 and they are 11mm further out than stock and mannnn does it look good.... :cool: Maybe that's what's done it to my eye..... :unsure:

RB 182 FF
Also mentions 18mm here, not really sure what it means...

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_231329.jpg
    IMG_20191216_231329.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 131

Simbo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I originally tried fitting 15mm hubcentric spacers on the rear but they do not sit flush against the hub. The centre boss in the spacer isn't deep enough to accommodate the circular central lip of the hub. That's why I ended up buying 20mm hubcentrics instead - but as mentioned above... IMO these don't look right. But no problem fitting 15mm hubcentrics on the front... and they look right...!

RB 182 FF
I originally tried fitting 15mm hubcentric spacers on the rear but they do not sit flush against the hub. The centre boss in the spacer isn't deep enough to accommodate the circular central lip of the hub. That's why I ended up buying 20mm hubcentrics instead - but as mentioned above... IMO these don't look right. But no problem fitting 15mm hubcentrics on the front... and they look right...!

Ahhh right cheers for the help, maybe I'll have a little look about and maybe fit some slip on jobbies and not hubcentric... I'll do a bit more searching and see, I feel it'll definitely benefit some kind of spacers to help with the stance...

RB 182 FF

Do you think the rear issue is why they are stating 18mm requirement?!

16 hubcentrics on my front.

I have 16 front and the 10 axle spacers on mine, also a bit more track up front with the adjustable wishbones and its how it should look from the factory!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
People say you can put 16mm on the back but when I measured the spigot on my discs it came back at just over 16mm. If you factor in some rust then it's probably about 16.2mm

That's why Brembo machine the CB of discs to 61mm and not 60.1mm😂

RB 182 FF
So got more questions guys... What are the thinnest bolt to hub (good quality/not dangerous) spacers you can fit to a Cup packed 182? I'd like the easy task of just bolting all 4 corners on and whacking the wheels on, but it needs to be a safe solution... I'm not keen on spacers where the wheel doesn't sit on the hub centre to bare the weight.....