ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spare bolt in cambelt kit

steve_h876

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know what the spare bolt and spacer is for in the cambelt kit (part no R13 0C 121 31R)? The new bolt and spacer is shown on the right in the photos below

I assume they are for the ribbed pulley but the bolt is longer than the one already fitted to the car. Perhaps this new bolt is an "upgrade" with a longer reach into the block?

I assume these fo
IMG_20200210_220005632.jpg
IMG_20200210_220101806.jpg

steve_h876

ClioSport Club Member
Last belt service was done by a Renault main dealer apparently

Do you know why the kit only includes the one replacement pulley bolt and not the other?

Below is how I found the cam timing...would the slight amount it is out account to much? Belt has been in the car for 5 years

IMG_20200202_182824821.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Good question, i don't know really. I can only assume it's under more load than the other...

Doesn't look to be out that much, not enough to worry about anyway.

steve_h876

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks again. One other question if you don't mind..

I bought a new crank bolt from Renault yesterday. They said 2 are listed for the car, but my car being an '03 model year was showing the longer bolt (52mm).

I went home and checked the bolt that actually came off my car, and it was the shorter 48mm bolt. Therefore I ordered that one.

I actually think they may have got it the round the wrong way, ie the earlier cars have the shorter bolt.

Either way, is it crucial to get the right length bolt or are they interchangeable do you know?

The part numbers are 8200557644 (shorter 48mm bolt) and 8200608653 (52 mm)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks again. One other question if you don't mind..

I bought a new crank bolt from Renault yesterday. They said 2 are listed for the car, but my car being an '03 model year was showing the longer bolt (52mm).

I went home and checked the bolt that actually came off my car, and it was the shorter 48mm bolt. Therefore I ordered that one.

I actually think they may have got it the round the wrong way, ie the earlier cars have the shorter bolt.

Either way, is it crucial to get the right length bolt or are they interchangeable do you know?

The part numbers are 8200557644 (shorter 48mm bolt) and 8200608653 (52 mm)

You could use either really mate, the 8200608653 52mm would have worked too.

The shorter one fits the K4M from the Twingo 133 as well.