ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare in a 182?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok currently, i have this....

SDC10512.jpg

It came with the car, brand new wheel, tyre, jack, also got the foam, complete with boot net.

I would like some space in my boot and it must be pretty "weighty" just wondered what you guys think... should i keep or ditch

(obviouly id keep the cans of foam)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Depends how far you drive.

I drive a decent amount of miles and alot of my journeys are 150 miles + so i nearly always have a spare 16inch wheel in the boot.

I some times take it out when im back home or want to "enjoy" the car on some B road fun, but i would not drive on a motorway with out a spare wheel.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
hmm good point, to be fair id say 99% of my journeys are within 4 miles of my house...

does the foam even work? and were exatly do you squirt it?

clio 182 black /gold
I have the same in m y 182. No room for luggage but hey. I aslo have a cd changer and astrage shelf too. Room for feck all but lol.

Da

Less
I'd take it out unless I was travelling a 50 miles plus journey. Do you have AA/RAC cover?

Nothing at the mo :(
my car doesnt come with a spare. and its gonna stay that way tbh, if it gets a puncture il juse use the repair kit and get it fixed ASAP

ITB'd MK1
Find a space saver from another car if you want more room. My car came with a full size wheel in a half depth wheel well, so you get a big bulge in the boot. I got a spacesaver from a skyline when i changed to 5 stud hubs (200sx BTW so no good to you directly ;) )

172 Race Car
page 21

Costs
Cover shall not include the following:

4. Any costs incurred as a result of you failing to carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel,

Please note: Motorised vehicles that are manufactured without the provision of a spare wheel will be
considered on their individual merits. Assistance in changing a wheel is covered, subject to you
carrying a serviceable spare as specified above.
So 182 is fine as they dont come with one but if you have a 172 etc that comes with one but you left it at home, you are 'potentialy' liable for towing costs

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I always run a spare. Not fun if you get a flat miles from home at night and end up waiting an hour plus for an RAC van. Just get a space saver, will do the job.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Plus, if you never remove the spare James, you'll never notice any weight difference (not that I think you would anyway).

Nothing at the mo :(
oh i agree about going flat. when i go to north wales next year * 6 hours or so drive* Im gonna get a spare and take it with me though lol

172 Race Car
You can get a vw or vauxhall space saver. The stud patern is the same but you need to make the centre bigger to make it fit over the hub

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
Stupid question, but if you try to change the tyre on the road side, what do you do about the alloy?