ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare-Wheel-Well Puddle : Where is the leak coming from (with Pics)?

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Hey chaps,

Had a puncture today, so obviously ventured into the boot for the spare wheel. (Couldn't find the cap-key though... limped home for 10 miles and then found the key under the passenger seat, tried to change tire and the scissor jack broke! Not a good morning).

Anyways, when I took the wheel out, there was literally a puddle in the wheel well.

I've read of people on here experiencing the same and covering up something, which then solved the problem - I was wondering what that something was?

Some pics of my boot if it may help spot the trouble area:

boothigher.jpg

bootlower.jpg

My first sight was these drain-holes, but then I thought are these drain holes and would blocking these up would just be asking for trouble?:

drainholeclose.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance folks.

Rhauri

Ph2 172
Check the black plastic grommets on your second pic - to the inside of the rear lamps. these become loose and can let water in. Try pouring water down the channels and see if it drips in from behind.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
My grommets would rattle and spin in their place so whipped them out and ran some glue around them. popped them back in and so far my car is drying out.