ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spent a couple of hours tinkering with the Hybrid today...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
New Aero Wipers, Original headlights and indicators, different CD player, wire wool & metal polish the tailpipe, and another 2 coats of wax (bringing the total up to 12 in one week! lol)

Needs a proper clean, but i'm taking it on a 300 odd mile trip next week so not a lot of point.

Engine conversion is geting closer!! :D

Anyways....

Old Angel eyes...
SS852121.jpg

Original lights back in...
SS852122.jpg

Old wipers...
SS852123.jpg

New Aeor wipers (£17 delivered from joshhatton off here)
SS852129.jpg

Tailpipe has come up like new! (s**t pic, sorry)
SS852130.jpg

The obligatory ''stand back and admire your work'' picture! :eek:
SS852128.jpg

And all done. Waxed, front grill refitted, all new bits fitted, ready to go home and sit on the drive for another week! :rolleyes:

SS852131.jpg

C

clvs2222

looking nice mate. you bringing it to the black mountain meet next sunday are you?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very nice mate, tempted by valvers, will be even better when its a hybrid.

It is a hybrid. (2.0 in a 1.8)

I'm having a different engine fitted again though. I'm going to get a 172 lump in there. Seems a popular choice at the minute.

Golf TDI
looking forward to seeing this , if you do come to the black mountain run ! looks much better with the standard headlights :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Skills tbh, shocking fit/look them angle eyes lol!!!

Much much better :cool:

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Stonner..

nice lookimg MK1, one of the few i like. Liking the shineyness.
i need to get some coats of any thing on my car, had 3 coats of SRP and autoglym aqua wax a couple months ago. but the weather has been extra pish up here. preventing a top up.
but today the weather was ok so washed the car, dried it, then put the pressure washer away, then came back to polish it, done the bonnet and a wing then looked up and the f*cker has began to ice over. gutted!

ValverInBits
So this is your hybrid?

Cool car :) It's one of my favourites, previous owner was on here wasnt he.
It was featured in PPC very recently too.

Nice work :)

Nice !

Although I hate aero wipers, they look cack. Get some fogs for it too (or do something with the holes that are there)

Swift Sport
Thats cool, I was thinking of buying that car at one point and I remember thinking "I'd change them lights back to standard!" lol

Looks very nice geeza :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice !

Although I hate aero wipers, they look cack. Get some fogs for it too (or do something with the holes that are there)

Function over looks bodykit boy. The Aero wipers sit so tight to the windscreen, even at an indicated 130mph! The old ones used to lift off at anything past a mild breeze.

320d
It is a hybrid. (2.0 in a 1.8)

I'm having a different engine fitted again though. I'm going to get a 172 lump in there. Seems a popular choice at the minute.

Ahh i thought you where going to do the hybrid conversion when you said about the engine conversion

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hybrids mint then.
Jag hasn't sold yet then?

Taken 2 lots of £100 deposits on the jag, and neither customer has turned up!! I'm not worried, I'd rather keep it tbh. I love it so much. Its like driving a rocket powered sofa!

Titanium 182
That looks bloody nice!

And I hate to rain on your parade, but it takes at least 24hours for wax to cure, each time you wax it you're essentially just taking the last layer of wax off. Does look bloody clean as a result tho lol!