ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying a Trophy

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Was indeed Sir!

Bought the Trophy when I was 19 and got my pants pulled down by Admiral lol.

Small world, saw you a few times up with work. 19, aye can imagine that must've stung-did they offer complimentary lube/a courtesy spit with the policy?

Mini Cooper S
Small world, saw you a few times up with work. 19, aye can imagine that must've stung-did they offer complimentary lube/a courtesy spit with the policy?

Where do you work? Sorry, have we met before?

From memory I was about 1600+ a year and 700 excess :eek:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I say don't do it but your choice.... Resale WILL be difficult.

BG 182
If you sell it to your brother, you'll have first dibs on buying it back ;)!

On the other hand, there's three reasons why you shouldn't spray a trophy:

No1. You will struggle to re-sell it as nobody will believe you that it's a real trophy, and if they do, they'd think youve got too much money and ruined a nice car like a lot of 17 year olds that daddy spoils.

No2. A cup packed gordini offers nearly everything you could possibly want without potentially ruining it because your a (truly dedicated) footy fan!

No3. There's probably just over 400 trophies in the UK now, and that will drop! Leave it with the colour it was born with. It would make it a one off, but it would be a one off because nobody else would ruin one.

Oh, and 98% of ClioSport members will mock you for ruining a car a lot of them desire!

Passat
Thanks Jacko, I do agree with most of that mate. However if I have a Trophy along with all of the documentation then nobody could dispute it's a Trophy.

I agree I may not sell it on for as much as a totally standard Trophy but that isn't a concern for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't have money to burn, but I'm buying this car for me not the next buyer.

And CS members don't like anything slightly different. It's very rare that someone does something new with a CS and gets any credit.

So if I could buy a Trophy and get it sprayed blue (for next to nothing) does nobody think that would be something a little special?! If I ever wanted to sell I could even spray it back if that's what the buyer wanted.

Trophy
Most people will think your a little bit special not the car! Why not buy the Mona Lisa but paint her face green?

As for cs member not liking anything diffrent i'd say you haven't been here long!

williams and trophy
If you sell it to your brother, you'll have first dibs on buying it back ;)!

On the other hand, there's three reasons why you shouldn't spray a trophy:

No1. You will struggle to re-sell it as nobody will believe you that it's a real trophy, and if they do, they'd think youve got too much money and ruined a nice car like a lot of 17 year olds that daddy spoils.

No2. A cup packed gordini offers nearly everything you could possibly want without potentially ruining it because your a (truly dedicated) footy fan!

No3. There's probably just over 400 trophies in the UK now, and that will drop! Leave it with the colour it was born with. It would make it a one off, but it would be a one off because nobody else would ruin one.

Oh, and 98% of ClioSport members will mock you for ruining a car a lot of them desire!

1. doesnt the trophy have a plaque?? so pretty easy to distinguish. isnt it also on the v5?? again...easily distinguishable.

2. the colour wont ruin what this car is about......the drive.

3 a colour can spoil a car, i mean look at a williams in 432...ruined. lol

go for it mate in my opinion. the car is reknowned as a good car to drive. no colour in the world will take that away. function wins over aesthetics every day of the week.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
SirSimon is just bitter as his trophy is now parked away and not being driven anymore.
It's now away in a garage never to see daylight again.

Si I'm sure you offered me cash for it back when you came to see it at my work.

Anyway back on topic and my 2ps worth is that if you want to spend money on a respray cause of a football team then bash on. I see it as a waste of time an money as you could buy a 182 and do better with it and have the colour you want.

Yeah the trophy is just a 182 with a couple of add ons but you know it's a trophy as soon as you see the colour

If money is no object buy a 182 IN THE COLOUR YOU WANT and THEN add the modifications (sach's, recaro's etc).

as you can already see, your car would not go down well, you will find resale hard and it's just wrong :)

Not even going to comment on the reason for you wanting to spray it blue.

Passat
Thanks 2 live!

I know what people are saying. Get a 182 with Sachs + Recaros. Well that's about a grand at least.

Plus I do want a trophy because of what it is...a Trophy. So what if it's blue? This will be a Trophy in immaculate condition with a one off colour.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Change the colour and it's not a trophy.
I'm sure there is people on the forum that have put the seats and suspension on a 182. Does that make there car a trophy?

williams and trophy
Change the colour and it's not a trophy.
I'm sure there is people on the forum that have put the seats and suspension on a 182. Does that make there car a trophy?

what a load of b****cks. is a silver williams not a williams??? even tho it was the teams colours for the rally cars??

the colour does NOT make the car, the drivability DOES

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Technically its just a red 182 with fancy bits.

I dont see the point at all. The fact its to do with football makes it worse.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
what a load of b****cks. is a silver williams not a williams??? even tho it was the teams colours for the rally cars??

the colour does NOT make the car, the drivability DOES

So why only capsum red for trophys then?

Why not do them in different colours?

An as it's been said all cause a football team colour, next it will be stickers of the team badge on the roof

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
and does this improve the quality of the drive at all???

no.

So I it's about the drive why not go aftermarket and do a better set up suspension wise on a standard 182 rather than spending cash on spraying an icon that was painted red to show exactly what it is

Money no object, I wouldnt buy a clio for start.
Then surly a 182 could be bought cheaper and then extra money spent on better suspension

Passat
Because that's the colour they were made in. As someone said before. You're buying this car for it's performance, nit the paint colour...surely!!!

I could understand the disgust if I was changing the engine. But the colour of the metal/plastic shell...come on!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Your the banger that's doing it for a football team.
Does that not just show how petty it is?

williams and trophy
from what i can gather the sachs suit the clio cos of their valving. most aftermarket coilies tend to make the ride a bit crashy over rough roads/surfaces. if the lad wants to paint it whilst its in his possession, why not. its the 'iconic' driver involvement thats the seller really is it not? compared to the rest of the 1*2 range

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Iv one more thing to add, you seem pretty set on doing it anyway... So why ask on here when you know what the majority will say?

Passat
Marc, firstly; spell your own name like a man.

Secondly, yeah I hate red and it just so happens that one of my fave cars only comes in that colour. It's called 'being a fan' and I'm not the only one.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Marc, firstly; spell your own name like a man.

Secondly, yeah I hate red and it just so happens that one of my fave cars only comes in that colour. It's called 'being a fan' and I'm not the only one.

Atleast my name is clearly there and not some stupid thing like filippo.
As it's been pointed out above why ask a silly question when almost all trophy owners are going to object to it aswell as other people on the forum and if it's just about the fact you hate red or don't like it why post the excuse of a football team?

At the end of the day it's your choice and totally up to you what you want to do but my personal opinion is that it's a waste of time money and effort but it's your choice.
I would also expect to take a bit of stick about it if it was me putting the post up so no need to spit the dummy just cause you don't like someone's thought on a public forum.

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Fair enough..
To me it sound like a waste of time.. Buy an RB use the change for petrol and tickets for the matches.

Focus
My god some of you northern's are passionate about your football!

Most stupid excuse for spraying a car I've ever heard lol, but as mentioned whatever floats your boat! :dapprove:

Passat
Atleast my name is clearly there and not some stupid thing like filippo.
As it's been pointed out above why ask a silly question when almost all trophy owners are going to object to it aswell as other people on the forum and if it's just about the fact you hate red or don't like it why post the excuse of a football team?

At the end of the day it's your choice and totally up to you what you want to do but my personal opinion is that it's a waste of time money and effort buy it's your choice.
I would also expect to take a bit of stick about it if it was me putting the post up so no nee to spit the dummy just cause you don't like someone's thought on a public forum.

Yeah I hate red because I'm a blue. If you had a 'footballing' allegiance I'm sure you'd understand.

Part of the point of the post was to exude andy time, cost or effort f

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I can see it's now, a Scottish trophy owner who lives and breaths Glasgow Celtic painting his trophy in green and White strips ;-)

Passat
Sorry iPhone being a dick. Yeah, part of this whole venture was based on the fact that it would cost me nearly nothing, expend no time or effort. It's simply painting a red car, blue.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Sorry iPhone being a dick. Yeah, part of this whole venture was based on the fact that it would cost me nearly nothing, expend no time or effort. It's simply painting a red car, blue.

If that's really what floats your boat go for it but as I say my choice would be buying a blue Clio and doing what I had to do

Passat
Yeah I understand that. But I want a trophy and I don't want a red car. I'd do the same in a Ferrari honestly

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You won't drive a red car because of the football team you support???

Fcuking hell....