ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stainless Steel Cleaning

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'm currently polishing and cleaning my new stainless steel can for the Striker. It was a bit grubby so using some Auto Glym Metal Polish on it.

I gave it a good going over and the rag I did it with almost turned black. I rubbed it down and it was nice and shiny so decided to give it another go and see if I could get it even more shiny and my cloth has turned black again.

Is this more dirt coming off the can or is this a mixture of polish and rag combined to make black grime?

Thoughts?

aluminium content, the AG polish is slightly abrasive although almoest invisible to the human eye its the aluminium content turning it black

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ahhh ok so its little bits of aluminium.

If its shiny then its time to stop and have a beer? :D

yup, coat it up with some AG Super resin and the cloth will take longer to go dark as its much less abrasive but will look after the shine.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Ahhh nice one Dave I've got some super resin in the shed so i'll do it tomorrow :D nice one.