ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stancing a clio. What size rims?

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
I’m gonna “stance” or at least lower my Clio mk2. What size rims looks good? Was thinking about 15 inch. Please post a pic if you have of a clio with 15-17 size wheels :) 92E97021-8C7F-437E-AC09-4DD9AB4A1AEB.jpeg

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
Are ride / handling even a slightest consideration in your plans, or is it purely just look?

Handling yes, it can be bouncy and stiff but i still wanna be able to drive it around. Wanna do it as cheap and easy as possible so no air :)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It can be, but not ridiculously much. I have driven some bouncy slammed cars :)

Me too, the phrase "bloody horrible" was used.
I was following a slammed Polo down the motorway just before Xmas, he hit a fairly insignificant dip in the road and the car shot halfway into the next lane.

Can't understand it myself.

Dont wanna have to change springs :)

You've gotta change the suspension if you want the look?

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
I was following a slammed Polo down the motorway just before Xmas, he hit a fairly insignificant dip in the road and the car shot halfway into the next lane.

I dont wanna go completely slammed, but I don’t want to have fender gap, at least not a lot. Yes but i dont wanna have to change it back every inspection :)

If you want it to have stance you have to drop it a load, and have stretched tyres etc. Otherwise it's just a lowered car.

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
If you want it to have stance you have to drop it a load, and have stretched tyres etc. Otherwise it's just a lowered car.

Im not gonna do a crazy stance build, but maybe something like this

Attachments

• 814B1AC9-A94C-4ADB-88EF-9353CE0B4346.jpeg
    814B1AC9-A94C-4ADB-88EF-9353CE0B4346.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 207
So you want a car with syling features which make it unsafe to drive, and thus unable to pass inspection in your country, but also want it to pass inspection?

The example you posted has clearly had the arch lips flared heavily to accomodate even the undersized tyres on relatively small rims and even then excessive camber is required just to make them "fit".

Please just dont.

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
So you want a car with syling features which make it unsafe to drive, and thus unable to pass inspection in your country, but also want it to pass inspection?

The example you posted has clearly had the arch lips flared heavily to accomodate even the undersized tyres on relatively small rims and even then excessive camber is required just to make them "fit".

Please just dont.

I want coils, was taklking about not waiting cut springs. If i cant drive it i will just adjust the height :)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Probs going rate for used ones, but I swear the cheap coilovers used to be sub-£200, regardless of what car you were buying them for.

Sod paying £250 for a set of em.

I want coils, was taklking about not waiting cut springs. If i cant drive it i will just adjust the height :)

Nor was I...

Point is 195/50 15 fits with a 40mm drop and leaves the car looking good. You wont get wheels and tyres much smaller overall, so going lower starts to require narrower tyres stretched on and excessive camber and body mods to get them inside the rear arch lip, which leaves the tyres poorly supported, bent out of their as designed shape and running on one corner which gives excessive wear and poor grip.

The 'correct' way to stance the rear of a clio would be to tub the boot floor and allow proper suspension geometry with a low ride height, but you will struggle to get the front to work properly.

All bar a very very few of these cars are total abomnations when you consider what a car is actually for.

Listerine & Poledo
Stretch tyres purely shout "I'm a tightwad pikey who didn't want to stump up the extra fiver for tyres that actually fit, a man needs his vape juice"

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
Stretch tyres purely shout "I'm a tightwad pikey who didn't want to stump up the extra fiver for tyres that actually fit, a man needs his vape juice"

Im just gonna buy some used rims and tires, idk if im gonna go stretched haha ?

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
Nor was I...

Point is 195/50 15 fits with a 40mm drop and leaves the car looking good. You wont get wheels and tyres much smaller overall, so going lower starts to require narrower tyres stretched on and excessive camber and body mods to get them inside the rear arch lip, which leaves the tyres poorly supported, bent out of their as designed shape and running on one corner which gives excessive wear and poor grip.

The 'correct' way to stance the rear of a clio would be to tub the boot floor and allow proper suspension geometry with a low ride height, but you will struggle to get the front to work properly.

All bar a very very few of these cars are total abomnations when you consider what a car is actually for.

Used to daily my drift car without stereo and interior. It doesn’t need to a luxurious ride. I just wanna go low and go to car meets in the summer?

Clio mk2 Volvo 940
That make no sense, you want stance etc, but don't want to change the springs & don't want it that low.
So not stanced then ?

” “stance” or at least lower my Clio mk2” im not really sure how much im gonna lower it, im gonna buy coils and wheels some day. Just wanna know what wheels looks best ??‍♀️